Prospective master’s program students in Canada can apply to any of these universities for the 1-year master’s program in Canada in 2023.
In this post, we’ve detailed everything you need to know about master’s program requirements, applications, and the best universities for 1-year master’s program in Canada in 2023.
Canada ranks third for the best master’s degree programs for international students in the world which is why it is one of the top study abroad destinations for international students. In fact, according to the Canadian Bureau of International Education, the country ranks third with the highest percentage of international students in the world.
Why Study 1-year Master’s Program in Canada?
Canada has over 6 lakh international students belonging to 200+ countries around the world. International students prefer Canada mainly due to the quality of education and affordability. Canada is home to several top-ranking universities in the world offering degree programs at both undergraduate and graduate levels. A one year masters program in Canada is a popular option among international students. Listed below are some of the reasons why international students pursue 1 year masters in Canada:
- A 1 year masters in Canada is much more affordable than a regular master’s degree program in Canada.
- International students get a quality education at affordable prices. Canada offers excellent working conditions and a learning atmosphere for international students.
- Canada is home to some of the best universities in the world offering degree programs in the field of journalism, politics, medicine, and technology.
- The Canadian immigration and visa process for international students is simple and straightforward and Canadian people are friendly and welcoming to students of different nationalities.
- A one year masters program in Canada is a pocket-friendly study option for international students. Students can save up on the tuition fees as well as living costs in Canada.
- The one year masters in Canada course curriculum is research-based leading to practical experience through industry placements, internships, and co-op placements.
- The Canada student visa allows international students to work part-time during the course of their study. Students are allowed to work on-campus or outside for up to 20 hours per week.
- Students who have completed their 1 year masters in Canada are eligible to apply for a post-graduation work permit. This allows them to work in Canada for the same duration as that of their program.
Masters Program Requirements
The academic requirements to study in Masters program in universities in Canada listed here includes;
- Prospective students are expected to have a minimum GPA (often a 3.0 / 4.0 or its international equivalent, such as a British second-class baccalaureate) for their university degree.
- Depending on your field, you may be asked to provide a Postgraduate Entrance Test score. Such as a Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or a Graduate Registration Review (GRE).
- You Can Get to Study in Canada without IELTS, GMAT, and Other Exams. Click on the link to find out how to do that.
If English is not your first language, you must prove your proficiency through an English exam such as TOEFL or IELTS. Similar requirements will apply in French if you are applying for a bilingual program or a course taught entirely in French.
The application process is similar to other countries. You must submit the following in your application:
- A completed application form, often submitted online
- A certified copy of your qualifications and transcripts.
- Fluency test in English and/or French, depending on the program you are requesting
- A curriculum vitae
- References/letters of recommendation
- Cover Letter/Personal Statement
If you completed your post-secondary studies outside of Canada, you may need to undergo an evaluation to determine the Canadian equivalent of your qualification and verify the academic document you have submitted. An international credential evaluation fee will be paid unless you already have a third-party international credential evaluation report.
Generally, your application will be evaluated by a central office to ensure that it meets all minimum entry requirements. It is then sent to the faculty/school, which will evaluate the academic quality and suitability of your application for the program of your choice.
If successful, you will receive an admission letter, which you will need to apply for a visa or scholarship (if applicable) and complete your registration before the deadline.
Best Universities for a 1 Year Masters Programs in Canada 2023
Below is the list of the best universities that offer 1-year master’s programs in Canada:
- University of Toronto
- University of British Columbia
- McGill University
- University of Winnipeg
- Ivey Business School at Western University
- Westford University College
#1. University of Toronto
Acceptance Rate: 65%
Number of Programs: 4
Tuition Fees: $10,080
The University of Toronto was founded in 1827 and is an accredited public research university. Presently, it is one of the leading research universities in Canada to learn, discover and acquire knowledge.
The university offers a wide range of 1-year master’s programs in multiple disciplines. The course curriculum for these courses aims to equip students with skills and knowledge to enter the industry.
Officially, they offer more than 700 undergraduate and 200 graduate programs at the University of T.
READ ALSO: University of Toronto acceptance rate 2020
#2. University of British Columbia
Acceptance Rate: 53%
Number of Programs: 5
The University of British Columbia was founded in 1908 and is considered a world center for research and education. It is regularly ranked among the top 20 public research universities in Canada and is made up of professors from all over the world with experience in large research projects.
UBC offers excellent one-year master’s programs in various disciplines, including computer science, finance, information technology, etc.
#3. McGill University
Acceptance Rate: 46.3%
Number of Programs: 3
Tuition Fees: $10,080
McGill University is ranked among the top 30 research institutes in Canada offering a 1-Year Master’s Program in Canada 2023. Thus, it is one of the most reputable public research universities in Canada. Every year, it attracts thousands of international students from more than 150 countries.
Their Master of Administration in Finance and Master of Administration in Analysis are some of the famous 1-year programs. Above all, their international, innovative and integrated MBA, MMF, the program is designed to train extraordinary leaders with integrity that they can manage in all disciplines to lead anywhere in the world.
#4. University of Winnipeg
Acceptance Rate: 49.4%
Number of Programs: 2
Tuition Fees: $10,206.00
Winnipeg University is a public research university in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, which offers undergraduate faculties in art, business and economics, education, science and kinesiology and applied health, as well as graduate programs.
Winnipeg University has made a great effort to expand its postgraduate courses and currently offers a wide range of master’s programs in various disciplines, including administration, business, finance, marketing, psychology, research development, etc.
#5. Ivey Business School at Western University
Acceptance Rate: 36%
Number of Programs: 6
If you’re interested in Big Data, AI, or digital transformation, Ivey Business school is for you. Ivey offers MMA programs that will help you gain the necessary skills and practical experience through experiential learning for a career in these exciting and demanding fields.
Students can start their careers in finance with the Ivy MMF program. A complete program that integrates advanced financial concepts with real-world business practices while continuing to rely on your network in the financial world is offered.
#6. Westford University College
Acceptance Rate: 35%
Number of Programs: 6
Tuition Fees: $20,954
Last on our list of 1-year master’s programs in Canada 2023 is the Westford one-year accelerated MBA program. The Westford MBA promises a stimulating and incredible experience for all participants.
It also attracts competent and highly qualified students from a wide range of professions, geographic boundaries, and different cultural backgrounds, to participate in this incredible year-long learning and fun journey.
Students who go through the program find it to be a unique experience for all participants, as it creates strong connections, positive vibes, bright ideas, team discussions, strong partnerships, and new business associations.
Ensure to read Top 6 Military Schools In Canada 2022
Canada is one of. The best place to undertake a degree because of their economic status and standard. While they have good universities with great facilities to train the students in any program of their choice. Canada is share a good place to undertake a 1-year master’s program.
FAQs on 1-year Master’s Program in Canada 2023
Yes, Canada comes to the rescue in this situation by offering a 1-year master’s program. Canada is ranked 3rd in the world for providing the best master’s degree programs to international students.
Masters in Business Administration. Canadian universities offer various MBA programs – full-time, part-time, and executive MBA.
Engineering. A Master in Engineering is one of the most sought-after post-graduation courses in Canada.
One of the best ways to get permanent residency after 1-year study program is to apply for the Post Graduate Work Permit after completing your study program. This will not only help you to gain valuable Canadian work experience but also it will help to improve your Express Entry profile in terms of the CRS score.
Tuition range: 1,075 – 65,000 CAD/year. Masters in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, and Law are the most expensive.
Here is a list of the easiest online master’s degree programs:
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.