It’s no longer news that the COVID-19 pandemic has rapidly ravaged every nook and crannies of the world as it as shutdown and paralyzed almost every facet of human life. This has resulted in the massive availability of Free Online Courses on COVID-19.
Since the outbreak of the novel virus in Wuhan, China, internet users have been searching for information about the deadly coronavirus.
According to recent findings, search engines churn out millions of COVID-19 related search results per second.
In this post, we will be highlighting 10 Free Online Courses on COVID-19 you can take in 2023
10 Free Online Courses on COVID-19 in 2023The value of enrolling in these courses at this present time and even in the future cannot be overemphasized. It is of immense value.
Let’s take a look at these courses and what they have to offer one after the other
1. Let’s Break the Chain of COVID-19 Infection by Mohammed Bin Rashid
In this program, you will learn about the major aspects of infection and immunity which will empower you for community-based advocacy activity on how to prevent and control the spread of COVID-19.
The course content includes the chain of infection, how infectious diseases are transmitted, and how to break the chain of infection through solid preventive actions. Other benefits of this course include;
- A certificate of completion from the Mohammed Bin Rashid University of Medicine and Health Sciences (MBRU).
- 100% self-paced and estimated time commitment of one hour.
- Opportunity to become an MBRU community immunity ambassador after the successful completion of the course.
- Full knowledge on how to beat COVID-19 by spreading awareness and challenging at least 3 people to join the program.
2. Coronavirus – Taking Proactive Action by CPL Learning
This course is aimed at supporting learners in making preparations and contingencies to deal with the coronavirus pandemic.
It is a collaborative effort between David Edwards, speak, and CPL Learning and is provided without charge to support the hospitality industry.
On successful completion of the course, students will be able to
- Identify the signs and symptoms of COVID-19
- Understand how the infection spreads
- Consider the potential impact on hospitality businesses
- Identify the main areas to consider and plan for contingency
- Implement the most up-to-date hygiene advice for your business
3. COVID-19: Operational Planning Guidelines and COVID-19 Partners Platform to support country preparedness and response by WHO
This course is an initiative of the WHO in a bid to assist in scaling up preparedness and response to COVID-19 in UN countries. WHO developed this course as a companion to the Operational Planning Guidelines to Support Country Preparedness and Response.
This training is specifically designed for :
- UN country teams
- Other relevant stakeholders, including partners, donors, and civil society
- National readiness and preparedness for COVID-19
- Countries to increase their capacity to respond to COVID-19
- Increase in international coordination for response and preparedness
- Streamlining the process of coordinating resources and assessing country preparedness level
There are 3 modules in the course with videos and presentations in PDF format.
4. Emerging respiratory viruses, including COVID-19: methods for detection, prevention, response and control by WHO
This course is a general introduction to emerging respiratory viruses using the novel coronavirus as a case study. The course aims to shed light on the following :
- The nature of emerging respiratory viruses, how to detect and assess an outbreak, strategies for preventing and controlling outbreaks due to novel respiratory viruses;
- What strategies should be used to communicate risk and engage communities to detect, prevent and respond to the emergence of a novel respiratory virus?
Resources are attached to each module to help students dive further into the topic.
5. Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) by WHO
This course gives details on what facilities should be doing to get themselves prepared to respond to a case of an emerging respiratory virus such as the novel coronavirus, how to identify a case once it occurs and how to properly implement infection prevention and control measures to ensure there is no further transmission to health control workers or to other patients and others in the healthcare facility.
This training is mainly targeted at healthcare workers and public health professionals, as it is focused on infection prevention and control.
6. Coronavirus – What you need to know by Alison
This is a free online course on COVID-19 which covers the essential aspects of the novel virus.
It focuses much attention on the history, transmission, symptoms, possible treatment, and potential prevention. The course which is being made available online free of charge by Alison is made up of 3 modules.
7. Science Matters: Let’s Talk About COVID-19 by Coursera
The Coursera powered COVID-19 course aims at teaching people to :
- Beware of the scale of the emerging outbreak and know how to track trends using reliable sources of information
- Recognize the key scientific underpinnings of evidence-based outbreak control methods
- Recognize the importance of community involvement, multidisciplinary working, and global cooperation in outbreak response
- Learn more bout how infectious disease modeling informs strategic and operational response at the local, national, and international levels.
8. Managing COVID-19 in General Practice by Future Learn
This course which is led by experts at the St George’s University of London allows students to explore the epidemiology, clinical symptoms and signs, and current management of COVID-19 using the rapidly evolving situation in the UK as a case study.
With this course, You’ll learn how to complete a safety assessment of a suspected COVID-19 case and discover the best protection method.
Topics contained in the course include:
- Background of COVID-19
- The current situation in the UK
- When to suspect COVID-19 infection in primary care
- Safe assessment of suspected cases
- Infection prevention and control
- Management of acutely unwell patients
- Management of those with mild symptoms in home isolation
- Consultation tips and advice on keeping your practice running safely
9. Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) by AACC and NEJM
Powered by Learning Lab, this course covers COVID-19 transmission, complications, diagnosis, and more. It is a free course but you will need to create a new login to access it even if you are already a Learning Lab subscriber.
Course content includes :
- The origin of COVID-19
- How it is transmitted
- The symptoms and differences in severity
10. COVID-19: Tackling the Novel Coronavirus by Future Learn
This Future Learn powered course is strictly provided for personal use. Content and opinions presented throughout this course are for educational purposes only.
The course covers topics on
- How COVID-19 emerged and was identified
- How COVID-19 spreads
- Public health measures for COVID-19 worldwide
- What is needed to address COVID-19 going forward
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THIS :
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.