North Carolina State Institution (NC State or NCSU), is a well-known public land-grant research university in the US state of North Carolina. The institution is one of eight universities in the United States to have a presence on the North Carolina Research Campus. The acceptance rate in NC state is 46%, which is an answer to the institution’s high admission standard.
North Carolina State University is a significant public research university in the state of North Carolina, the United States of America. It constitutes part of the so-called Research Triangle, along with Duke University and the University of North Carolina—Chapel Hill. The university has over 25,000 undergraduates, a contribution to its hive of creativity and activities. NC State ranks #1 in business, engineering, and computer science studies. Also, it attracts high-achieving North Carolinians as well as outstanding students within and beyond the country.
As you read through this article, you’ll learn, upon applying to NC State University, the precise GPA and exam scores you should strive for. Moreover, you’ll learn creative ways to help your application stand out from the pack. You’ll also have access to more data on which you can accurately weigh your chances of obtaining admission.
Overview of North Carolina State University Admissions
North Carolina State University (NC State) was established in 1887 as a public university. NC State has a selective admissions procedure that admits fewer than half of all candidates. Students with SAT/ACT scores and GPAs that meet the institution’s criteria have a strong probability of admission. Applicants must submit an online application as well as SAT or ACT test results and high school transcripts. Excellent recommendation letters, as well as involvement in student groups and trying a demanding course load, might help your application.
Furthermore, NC State has a total undergraduate enrolment of 26,150 students (fall 2020), is located in the city, and covers 2,137 acres. Semesters regulate the academic calendar. North Carolina State University ranks #79 in National Universities in the Best Colleges 2022 edition. It charges $9,131 for in-state tuition and fees and $29,916 for out-of-state tuition and fees.
Students with exceptional abilities and accomplishments might still receive special attention even if their GPAs are below the national average. After submitting an application, students will get a message from an admissions counselor detailing the next steps in the application process. Interested students may visit the university’s website, which has useful information and contact information for the admissions departments.
Related Article: Indiana University Acceptance Rate and How to Get in Easily
A Quick Guide to Applying to NC State
The Common Application and the Coalition Application are both accepted by NC State. Only one of the two forms must be completed by your student. It’s typically easiest to continue utilizing one of the platforms if they’re applying to other institutions on that one.
Potential applicants should be aware of a number of distinct application deadlines. The deadline for Early Action applications is October 15. In addition, the deadline for various majors and scholarships is October 15. This covers, most significantly, all major studios. The deadline for Regular Decision applications is January 15.
Your high schooler must also provide the following items to complete the application:
- Fee Exemption or $85 Application Fee
- SAT or ACT official scores.
- Official Transcript
- Supplementary Essays
Admission to NC State does not need or suggest teacher recommendations. Students may also submit one counselor recommendation, which the admissions committee will consider as extra information.
Related Article: Acceptance Rate At Boston University: How To Get Accepted Easily
How NC State Acceptance Rates Work
NC State considers four characteristics to be extremely essential in their admissions process. They include secondary school record rigor, class rank, GPA, and standardized test results (despite being test-optional). Meanwhile, essays are the only “significant” component.
According to the admissions office of NC State:
- Each student has a unique tale to share. Your academic record is a good predictor of future performance, and it’s significant in the evaluation process. However, it does not necessarily convey the full picture. They’d want to learn more about your experiences that qualify your candidacy and prospects as a Wolfpack member.
- They strongly advise you to enroll in rigorous courses that match your academic interests and demonstrate your ability to succeed.
- Also, they take diversity, legacy status, first-generation status, and rural locations into account. They also take diversity, legacy status, first-generation status, and rural locations into account. NC State’s excellence is enhanced by its students’ diverse knowledge and backgrounds. Hence, they want everyone to contribute their talents, skills, time, and effort to create an inclusive excellent environment for everyone. Hence, they want everyone to contribute their talents, skills, time, and effort to create an inclusive excellent environment for everyone.
What is North Carolina State University, NC State Acceptance Rate?
North Carolina State University (NC State) had a 50.43 percent acceptance rate the previous year. But, you can examine how the acceptance rate has evolved over time. The NC State acceptance rate was 48.0%, 51.0% and 50.43% in 2016, 2017 and 2018, respectively. From observation, admission to North Carolina State University (NC State) is becoming increasingly tough. Hence, if the current trend continues, NC State University will most certainly become even more competitive by the time you apply.
The acceptance rate at NC State does not determine your chances of admission. It is, however, a high-level grasp of the genuine competition. So, use the acceptance rate as a general guideline to create a list of 10-15 schools with varying levels of competition.
Related Article: UCSF Medical School Acceptance Rate, Ranking, and Scholarships
NC State Acceptance Rate: How Difficult Is It to Get In?
The NC State is a relatively selective university. NC State got more than 29,000 applications for 4,500 seats in 2018. Due to the fact that only a small percentage of approved students enroll, significantly more students are granted a spot in the incoming class. In fact, in 2018, NC State had a 50.43 percent acceptance rate.
That is to say, the students accepted to NC State are a varied group from all over the country. Accepted students came from all 100 counties in North Carolina, all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the United States Virgin Islands in 2018.
How to Apply to NC State
If you intend to join the 32,000+ hopefuls for the upcoming admissions cycle, you should be aware of the following:
- Students at NC State are admitted directly into the major that they selected on their application. On the application, first-year candidates may pick up to two major selections based on their interests.
- When applying to NC State, make sure to include a backup major. Certain programs are exceedingly competitive.
- For entering freshmen, NC State does not offer any form of in-person or alumni interview.
- NC State considers demonstrated interest. Therefore, they may grade you based on whether or not you visited campus (in non-pandemic periods), contacted an admissions representative, and so forth. Given the school’s lower yield rate (when compared to other top institutions), it’s a good idea to contact an NC State admissions officer with a query, attend a virtual session, or interact with the school on social media.
- Make sure to devote enough time and attention to the additional NCSU essays, including the three supplemental essays, each of which has a word restriction of 250 words.
How Hard Is It to Get into North Carolina State University at Raleigh?
The entrance standards at NC State are quite stringent. NC State has a highly demanding admissions procedure. Also, most accepted students have a high school GPA and SAT or ACT scores in the top percentiles.
Historical Trend and NC State Acceptance Rate 2022 Projection
Actually, historical trend data depicts prior-year acceptance rates, from which we forecasted the acceptance rate for the 2022–2023 school year. Thus, in comparison to past years’ averages, the overall admission rate trend for NC state in Raleigh has been decreasing.
Yearly Acceptance Rate:
- 2016-2017: 47.5%
- 2017-2018: 51.4%
- 2018-2019: 46.9%
- 2019-2020: 45.1%
- Projected NC State Acceptance Rate 2022-2023: 43.8%
How Does NC State Acceptance Rate Compare to others?
North Carolina State University in Raleigh has a 26% admission rate, which is lower than the 56.7 percent national average for all universities.
Similar College Acceptance Rates in the Neighborhood.
|University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill||22.6%|
|North Carolina A & T State University||58.3%|
|University of North Carolina at Greensboro||82.5%|
|East Carolina University||78.7%|
Does North Carolina State University (NC State) Require Test Scores?
North Carolina State University (NC State) demands either the SAT or the ACT. The table below shows how NC State’s admitted students fared on both examinations. So, you may be wondering how many test results you should submit. In general, don’t stress yourself out overtaking the test. According to industry opinion, you can submit up to six tests as a realistic limit, though.
Related Article: Acceptance Rate At Stanford: How To Get Accepted Easily
NC State Acceptance Rate & Enrollment Rates
General Recommendations & Requirements for Admissions
- High School GPA Scores
- High School Class Rankings
- School Records
- College Prep Classes
- Standardized Test Scores (SAT, ACT, etc)
- TOEFL Exam (Foreign Language Students)
NC State Acceptance Rate SAT Requirements
The average SAT score at NC State is 1260. Basically, this is the total of the SAT’s math and reading sections (the 1600 scale). For a more detailed view of how students did, see the table below. Examining the average exam result over time is equally fascinating. Essentially, the pattern over time can assist in determining if NC State is becoming more competitive or less competitive.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
The admission rate at NC State is 1260 on the SAT. So, if you want to be a competitive applicant to NC State, your SAT score should be close to the national average. If your score is closer to 1170, you’ll probably have more difficulty getting admission. As a result, if NC State is your top choice, you’ll need a score of 1350.
NC State Acceptance Rate ACT Requirements
The average ACT score at NC State is 85. Your ACT score should be near the average if you want to be a competitive applicant to NC State. If you’re closer to 77, you’ll probably have more difficulty getting admission. Hence, if NC State is your first choice university, strive for a score of 93.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
What documents do you need to apply to NC State?
To verify their eligibility for NC State, international students must present the following documentation at the time of application:
Documents for Undergraduates
- Transcripts from school (original and English-translated)
- Personal Statement/Statement of Purpose
- Academic recommendation (from a guidance counselor or teacher)
- Proof of English proficiency
- Standardized exam results (if applicable).
- Evidence of financial competence
- Transcripts from universities (original and English-translated)
- University essays or a Statement of Purpose (as per course requirements)
- Bibliography (depending on the course, academic or professional LOR)
- Resume/CV (depending upon course)
- Work experience proof (wherever applicable)
- Score on an English proficiency exam
- Exam results are standardized (wherever applicable).
- Evidence of financial competence
These are the standard prerequisites for applying to NC State, although they may change depending on the course. As a result, I advise you to check the specific prerequisites on the course page of the official school website.
Related Article: NYU Steinhardt’s Acceptance Rate, Tuition, and Scholarships
Scholarships & Financial Aid for NC State Students
Scholarships and bursaries are certainly available for qualified national and international students at NC State University. Basically, the university’s Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid funds these scholarships (OSFA). Based on their profiles, students from all departments are able to apply for scholarships. Among the various types of prizes are:
- College-Based Scholarships
- Employer-Affiliated Scholarships
- Rising Freshmen Distinctive Scholarships
- Current Student Distinctive Scholarships
- Graduate Student Funding
- Miscellaneous Funding
NC State Institution is a large public research university noted for its value and programs focused on the state’s core sectors, such as natural resources and textiles.
NC State is one of the country’s largest universities, with 35,000 students enrolled. It has 12 colleges with over 100 undergraduate majors that provide studies in all fields. It also provides over 60 doctoral degrees and over 100 master’s degrees. NC State has a reputation for its educational value. It presently ranks in the top ten by U.S. News & World Report for Best Value Among U.S. Public Universities.
I hope you find this NC State acceptance rate and the criterion article useful and I also hope you consider it your first choice for your academic pursuits.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions on Acceptance Rate in NC State and How To Get Accepted Easily
Admission to North Carolina State University has extra prerequisites for undergraduate programs such as studio-based majors and agriculture institutes. Applicants pursuing studio-based majors must provide a portfolio with their application.
Yes, the university offers conditional admission to students who do not meet the English proficiency requirements.
After an applicant has completed the application, a decision is made on a rolling basis.
Because the admissions process at North Carolina State University is primarily applicant-centered, personal essays are given a lot of weight. The university evaluated the application based on the following factors: The candidate’s academic achievements, the Highest possible ACT or SAT score; Your enthusiasm for the program for which you applied; Extracurricular Interests; The applicant’s background is thoroughly investigated; Each candidate’s personal narrative.
- Collegetransitions.com – “Acceptance Rate NC State”
- Collegedunia.com – “Acceptance Rate NC State”
- Acceptancerate.com – “Acceptance Rate NC State”
- Collegevine.com – “Acceptance Rate NC State”
- Campusreel.org – “Acceptance Rate NC State”
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.