Shell Nigeria has opened applications to eligible candidates to apply for its Shell Undergraduate Scholarship 2022 for Nigerian Students.
In this post, you’ll get to know about the Shell Undergraduate Scholarship 2022, who can apply, eligibility, scholarship deadline, and how to apply.
This scholarship scheme is open to all undergraduates who are qualified based on their academic performance.
About Shell Scholarship
Education, as all parents and guardians admit, is a long-term investment with an equally long gestation period, but it is one of the best legacies to bequeath to individuals, groups, and society. That has been the belief of Shell Nigeria since 1952. In 2018, approximately $5.9 million (N1.78 billion) was invested in scholarships by The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited operated Joint Venture (SPDC JV) and Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCo).
The University Scholarship Scheme, a program run by SPDC on behalf of the NNPC/Shell/Elf/Agip Joint Venture, makes a quiet but very profound commentary on the company’s interest in the promotion of capacity building in the country.
Every year, more than 4,000 Nigerian undergraduates write aptitude tests to join the ever-growing list of students which Shell Nigeria supports in Nigerian Universities. The applicants are shortlisted on the basis of the national SSCE and JAMB examination results. This is followed by an aptitude test at the PortHarcourt, Warri, Enugu, Lagos, and Abuja centers.
There are two categories of the Scholarship Scheme, the National Merit Award (NM), open to Nigerian undergraduates, and the Areas of Operation Merit Award (AOM), for students from communities in which Shell Nigeria operates. Only first-year students are eligible for the awards in both categories.
An average of 16,000 applicants responds to advertisements by Shell Nigeria every year, inviting qualified candidates to apply for the scholarships which are tenable only in Nigerian Universities.
Who can Apply?
The merit-based scholarship is in two categories – the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award.
- National Merit Award (NM) – Open to all Nigerians
- Areas of Operation Merit Award – Open to Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas in Abia, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo, and Rivers States
- Be citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Be registered FULL-TIME undergraduates in an accredited and approved University in Nigeria
- Be in 200 Level (as of December 2022)
Important Information About the Shell Undergraduate Scholarship
- Shell does not demand payment from applicants. The application is entirely FREE of charge
- Shell does not assign ‘Representatives’/‘Agents’ to assist applicants’ process applications
- Only candidates shortlisted for selection tests will be contacted
- Apply on Shell Nigeria website only
- All applicants should have a personal valid email account (for consistent communication)
- Applicants for the Operational Area Awards are required to provide scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC)
The letters should be addressed to The Manager, Social Performance, Shell Petroleum Development Company, Port Harcourt.
P/S: Each document must not exceed 200KB and the image format must be in JPEG
Applications open 28th January and close 28th February 2022
How to Apply
- All applications must be done online, visit the website via https://www.spdc-jv-scholarship.shell.com/ to apply
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.