The United Nations Foundation is looking for passionate female change-makers from all around the world for the Girl Up Teen Advisor program 2022.
Read on to know about the Teen Advisors Program 2022 for Young Girls, eligible countries, application deadline, number of awards, duration of the program, and how to apply.
United Nations Teen Advisors Program 2022 for Young Girls
About the Award: The Teen Advisor program is where Girl Up truly lives out its “by girls, for girls” mission. Composed of a widely diverse group of teenage girls, Teen Advisors are passionate change-makers who together spread and fuel Girl Up’s work. As Teen Advisors, they are central to all Girl Up decision-making including advocacy, fundraising, and communications strategy. To support the Teen Advisors in this task, Girl Up provides skills-based training, professional development opportunities, hands-on learning, and most significantly, personal relationships with the staff.
Application Deadline: 29th February 2022 11:59 pm Eastern Time
Eligible Countries: All
Teen Advisor Responsibilities include:
- Attend and actively participate in and prepare for monthly calls/webinars (scheduled for the second Sunday of every month)
- Attend two mandatory in-person meetings — one preceding the annual Leadership Summit in Washington D.C. (mid-July), the other in January or February of the following year (for those U.S. applicants, the weekend generally follows either MLK….”
- Start and/or lead a Girl Up Club in your school or surrounding community
- Regularly contribute to the Girl Up Community, an online hub for Girl Up Clubs and Campuses
- Represent Girl Up in the media and at events in their communities
Eligibility: Applications are open to self-identified girls from the U.S and outside the U.S.
- Must be entering the U.S. equivalent of 9th-12th grades
- Display a sense of maturity, cultural-sensitivity, and openness to learning about different cultures
- Be committed to the empowerment of girls and women
- Possess strong leadership skills and have proven desire to become a globally-minded citizen through meaningful discussion, learning and action in their community and school
- Have knowledge of and passion for Girl Up’s mission and vision for adolescent girls around the world
- Be able to complete all Teen Advisor responsibilities as outlined below
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Access to United Nations speakers, agencies and initiatives
- Access and financial support to attend speaking and blogging opportunities for special events and conferences like the Social Good Summit and International Day of the Girl
- Intensive skills-based training, professional development opportunities, hands-on learning
- An insider’s view into Girl Up through constant communication with staff, and most significantly, personal relationships
- Decision-making power in the work of the campaign
Duration of Program: Program runs for 1 year
How to Apply:
- The 2022-2023 Girl Up Teen Advisor application consists of an online application with essay questions, video submission, and letter of recommendation.
- In addition, a letter of recommendation with the subject line Teen Advisor Application Recommendation Letter_Last Name_First Name must also be submitted to Community@GirlUp.org for an application to be considered complete. Only complete applications submitted by 11:59 pm EST on February 29, 2022, will be considered.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.