Do you wish to study in Texas? If yes, ApplyTexas 2022 offers a centralized means of applying to outstanding post-secondary institutions in Texas.
Whether you’re an international student or a domestic student, Apply Texas makes the whole work of applying to institutions in Texas easier. This post contains everything you need to know about ApplyTexas 2022 and the pros and cons of using it in colleges.
READ ALSO: Top Ten Ph.D. Scholarships in USA 2020
Texas is one of the largest states in the US and one of the best study destinations for students from around the world, thanks to its whole lot of amazing higher institutions.
ApplyTexas is an online college submission system specifically for certain Texas schools, just like the Common Application or Coalition Application platforms.
It is a centralized means for both Texas and non-Texas students to apply to the many outstanding postsecondary institutions in Texas. ApplyTexas was created through collaborative agreements between the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board and the colleges and universities that are represented.
ApplyTexas 2022 application provides you with 53 colleges to choose from.
Below are the 53 schools enlisted under ApplyTexas below.
53 Schools That Use ApplyTexas
- Abilene Christian University
- Angelo State University
- Austin College
- Baylor University
- Concordia University
- Dallas Baptist University
- Hardin-Simmons University
- Houston Baptist University
- Huston-Tillotson University
- Lamar University
- LeTourneau University
- McMurry University
- Midwestern State University
- Our Lady of the Lake University
- Prairie View A&M University
- Sam Houston State University
- Schreiner University
- Southern Methodist University
- Southwestern University
- St. Edward’s University
- St. Mary’s University
- Stephen F. Austin State University
- Sul Ross State University
- Tarleton State University
- Texas A&M University (at College Station, Laredo, San Antonio, Galveston, Central Texas, Corpus Christi, Kingsville, Texarkana)
- Texas Christian University
- Texas Lutheran University
- Texas Southern University
- Texas State University
- Texas Tech University
- Texas Wesleyan University
- Texas Women’s University
- Trinity University
- University of the Incarnate Word
- University of Dallas
- University of Houston
- University of North Texas
- The University of St. Thomas
- The University of Texas (at Austin, Dallas, El Paso, San Antonio, Tyler, Rio Grande Valley, Permian Basin)
- West Texas A&M University
How Do I Apply with ApplyTexas?
To apply to institutions in Texas using ApplyTexas, you have to follow the following steps;
Find a school to apply to
With Apply Texas, there are additional requirements, such as institution-specific essays, e.t.c based on the selected school.
Fill out the application
Be thorough in filling out the form. Regularly saving your application is required. Use the internal navigation features rather than your browser buttons.
Some sections of the application like the extracurricular information, test scores, or essays may not be required by the specific school you’re applying for, but it’s advised to send in a complete application rather than leaving parts of it empty.
Do your research into the schools you are interested in and follow their application guidelines. Also, Pay keen attention to school-specific requirements.
Also Read: Top 10 Best Veterinary Schools in Texas
How can I find out the essay requirements for a particular school?
Although not every school demands essays, Essay requirements may also vary by application type and selected university.
Any possible essay requirements can be checked using the University Information page, via the Essay page of your university admissions application. Also, you can look them up in your saved application using the “Submit an essay” option.
You can submit an essay online at any time as long as you have a saved or submitted application on file.
How do I save and submit an essay?
To save and submit an essay in ApplyTexas, you can do it in one of two ways:
- If you are on the Essay Requirements/Essay Information page of any admissions application that requires essays, you will see a list of your required essays. Each essay type is a link that will open a new window that will contain a suitable section of the essay submission page. You may save essays via this window in the application itself as well as by the My Essays tab. At the time you submit your application, you will have the choice to SUBMIT all saved essays with your application, or to submit each essay independently later via the My Essays tab.
- If you are on the My Account page, you can click on the My Essays tab to obtain a list of the institutions that require essays and which essays you’ve saved, submitted, or still need to submit to each. You can also easily access the essay submission system from this tab.
What Type Of Application Can I Use While Using ApplyTexas?
Application to use depends on the academic level you are applying to. E.g, if you’re an international transfer student, you can’t use a U.S freshman application.
However, there are 8 applications to choose from depending on a student’s academic status.
- Two-Year College (including Community and Junior Colleges)
- U.S. Freshman
- International Freshman
- Undergraduate Readmit (Former Student)
- U.S. Transfer
- International Transfer
- Undergraduate Transient
- U.S. Graduate or International Graduate
How Much Is ApplyTexas’ Application Fee?
ApplyTexas 2022 application fee payment varies according to academic status. The amount to be paid by a freshman is slightly different from what an international freshman will pay.
Can I Pay My Application Fee Through ApplyTexas After I’ve Submitted My Application?
The only time you can pay your application fee through www.applytexas.org is before you submit your application. Because the application fee is tied to a particular application, you must choose your payment method before you submit it.
However, if you submit your application and then choose that you want to change your method of payment (e.g., from payment by check to credit card), the university you applied to will need to be contacted to consider your options.
How to Obtain An ApplyTexas Fee Waiver?
To obtain a fee waiver for your ApplyTexas 2022 application, you have to check with the university to which you are applying to verify that you qualify for a waiver.
Qualified students will need to follow through with obtaining a fee waiver by submitting to the university a documented proof that supports this claim.
If you choose the ‘request for fee exemption’ option on your application’s payment page and submit your application without finding out if you qualify (and/or without sending in the supporting documentation to the university), you will still be liable for paying the fee.
if you don’t pay your application fee or have it waived then your application will not be complete and will not be treated. Meaning you will not be considered for admission to the college or university to which you have applied.
How Do I Submit My Application Using ApplyTexas?
To submit your application, you need to complete and save all pages. Do check the certification boxes, and choose a method of payment.
Before you apply, you have to;
- Be sure to review and save all pages of your application before advancing to the “Submit My Application” page
- Read the Certification Statement in the application thoroughly.
- Complete all expected items and all appropriate essays.
- Select your method of payment.
- Lastly, proceed to the “Submit My Application” page.
- By clicking the checkboxes and finally submitting the application you are certifying your agreement with the Certification Statements.
Once an application is submitted, changes cannot be made to it. Yet, you will still be able to VIEW, COPY, or PRINT your submitted application.
Also Read: 10 Best Dental Schools in Texas in 2022
How Do I Print My Submitted ApplyTexas Application?
When your application is submitted, it can be printed through the My Applications tab of your account. Use the “View” link for the selected university to locate your submitted admissions application or scholarship sections. Clicking on the “View” link will enable you to open and view a printable version of your submitted application.
NOTE: Do not print and mail the application to the university to which you applied. This feature is to provide you with a personal copy only.
Can I Change Or Update A Submitted Application?
Any information on your application through ApplyTexas cannot be altered once your application has been submitted, However, you will need to contact the university or universities to which you applied to give them any corrected or missing information.
However, The ApplyTexas Help Desk does not help you with this type of request. So, be sure to include your correct details on all pages of all documents that you send to the university.
NOTE: None of the changes you make to your application through the receiving university will be indicated in the copy of your application that resides on the ApplyTexas site. Once submitted, the information on your ApplyTexas application cannot be edited.
Also Read: Texas A&M University Acceptance Rate
After reading this article you should now have full knowledge of what ApplyTexas is all about, how to apply, what you should do, and what you shouldn’t do if not, then you need to read this article again. Good luck with your application.
FAQs on ApplyTexas 2022
ApplyTexas recommends that you keep your essay to between 350 and 500 words in length, with no more than 650 words. I recommend heeding their advice, especially if you’re applying to a school requiring more than one of their prompts.
There are four essay prompts on the ApplyTexas application for freshman admission (Topics A, B, C, and D). For topics A, B, and C there are slight variations on the prompt for transfer students, or those looking to be readmitted
Designed to simplify the application process for both Texas students and non-Texas students, ApplyTexas allows students to apply to several community colleges, universities, and even graduate schools all in one place.
Submitting the Coalition Application does not confer any admissions advantage. No preference is given to either application.
YES you can submit more than 500-750 words on Essay A if you need the extra word space
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.