If you want to learn Software and Automation testing or Software Tester in 2022, here are the best software testing courses to enroll in.
In this guide, you will find affordable beginner and advanced level software testing courses from Coursera, Udemy, Pluralsight, and edX.
10 Best software testing courses with online certifications 2022
1. The Complete Software Testing Bootcamp
This course was created by QA Engineer and testing expert Tarek Roshdy and is one of the best Udemy courses to learn about Software Testing in 2021. It provides everything you need to learn about software testing.
The course comes with frequently asked interview questions that also prepare you for a Software tester interview. It’s also good for ISTQB certifications.
Skills you will learn:
- Basic theoretical concepts
- Test case writing & bug reporting
- Test management tools (Testlink)
- Agile Testing Basics and Agile Tools (JIRA)
- Black Box Techniques (Equivalence Partitioning-Boundary Value Analysis-Decision Table Testing-State Transition Testing-Use Case Testing)
- White Box Techniques (Statement Coverage-Decision Coverage-Path Coverage-MC/DC-Loop Coverage)
- Freelance Testing (Bugfinders-Utest-Testerwork-Crossover)
- Performance Testing and
- API Testing and Mobile Testing
2. In-Depth Software Testing Training Course From Scratch
This Udemy course will teach you how to do Software testing in two methods: manually or automatically depending on the software.
The course begins with an introduction to software testing such as certification and validation, the life cycle of the software in more detail, and writing the scenario of the software requirements.
You will learn:
- Introduction to the software testing methods.
- The test execution steps and how to do them.
- Using different tools to do the tests.
Upon completion of this course, you will see the steps for test execution, how to manage executions and generate reports as well as the defect life cycle and process management works.
3. Cucumber with Java-Build Automation Framework in lesser code
This is the best online course for Java developers who want to learn Testing, particularly Automation testing or a tester testing Java using Cucumber.
The course was created by Software testing expert Rahul Shetty and teaches the Cucumber BDD Approach to design the powerful Testing framework(Selenium, Appium, API) with very minimal code.
You will learn:
- How to use Cucumber Rules in defining Cucumber feature file
- Cucumber Automation terminologies
- Data-driven testing with Cucumber
- DataTable feature and its importance
- A regular expression for developing reusable components
- Parameterizing tests with Example keyword
- Cucumber Hooks and Tagging features
There are also lots of Practical examples for better understanding. This is one of the best software testing courses for both Java developers and Software testers.
4. Automated Software Testing with Python [Udemy]
This is another great Udemy course to learn Automation testing with Python. It was created by Python expert Jose Salvatierra, one of my favorite Udemy instructors.
This course covers automated software testing with Python, BDD, Selenium WebDriver, and Postman, focusing on web applications, and comes with all the latest technologies for you to use professionally and in personal projects like:
- The unit test library, Python’s standard automated software testing library
- Mocking and patching, two essential tools to reduce dependencies when testing;
- unit, integration, system, and acceptance testing — all types of testing to have you fully covered;
- Postman for easy collaboration and testing while developing;
- Selenium WebDriver for automated browser tests;
- Git and Travis for continuous integration of your project.
If you are a Python developer or software tester who wants to learn how to test Python applications, particularly python web applications, you will benefit from this course.
5. Testing Angular 4 (previously Angular 2) Apps with Jasmine
Testers who want to learn how to test web and Angular applications should enroll for this course. It is a perfect course for testing web applications.
The course was created by Mosh Hamedani, one of the highest-rated Udemy instructors, and teaches how to write unit and integration tests for Angular apps and deploy them with confidence.
In this course, you will learn –
- How to write clean and maintainable tests for your Angular apps
- How to find how much of your code is covered by tests
- How to write tests for reusable components
- How to write tests for component templates
- Write tests for forms
- How to write tests for confirmation boxes
- How to create tests for the navigation
- How to write tests for attribute directives
- How to work with asynchronous operations
This course is a great resource for testers as it comes with high-quality video and audio, and outstanding delivery with no mucking around.
6. Selenium WebDriver with Java -Basics to Advanced+Frameworks
Selenium is the most important tool for any automation tester. Without including a Selenium course, any list of software testing courses is incomplete.
This course was created by testing expert Rahul Shetty and is one of the best courses to learn Selenium WebDeriver online. It covers all the technologies a software automation tester should know for testing Java applications.
The key skills you will learn in this course include—
- Selenium Webdriver in depth
- Live Examples in Automating Web applications in all supported Browsers
- Strategy to handle Rich Web UI using Advanced WebDriver
- Real-time challenges you face in WebDriver and solutions to handle it
- Selenium Grid and Live projects on Selenium
- Interview questions discussion with solutions
- Tools like TestNG, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Log4j, Cucumber, etc
- Test Execution reports
- Data-driven framework and Hybrid Framework
- Page object Model Framework
- DataBase testing with Selenium
- Performance testing with Selenium
- Cloud Automation with Sauce labs and Mobile Automation
This course is perfect for manual testers, non-programming-aware testers interested in learning Automation, and Java developers who want to learn Automation testing.
7. Business Analyst: Software Testing Processes & Techniques
This Udemy course gives you a small introduction and practical lessons on how to do software testing and make project bugs-free and ready to be launched successfully.
You will learn the software testing concepts, the goals of this process, the phrases the software testing walkthrough, and the test documentation such as the test cases and scenarios.
In this course, you will learn:
- Software testing and documentation.
- How to document and track bugs.
- Useful tools to track your bugs.
After completing this course, you will see the defect management and know how to use tools such as Excel, SharePoint to document it and track it to ensure it gets resolved before launching it to the end-users.
8. Automated Testing: End to End [Pluralsight]
This Pluralsight course is designed for developers who want to learn automated testing for more accelerated results, quicker feedback, and more productivity.
In this course, you will learn
- The automation testing process.
- Integration testing.
- Functional UI testing.
Other topics include an introduction about automation testing, the differences between the automation process and manual testing, the phases involved in this process and the integration testing the functional UI testing like using automating tools and how to write your own functional tools, and much more.
However, a Pluralsight membership is required to join this course and it costs around $29 per month or $299 per year (14% discount). This subscription provides instant access to more than 7000+ online courses to learn any tech skill. Alternatively, their 10-day-free-pass can be used to watch this course for FREE.
9. Software Testing and Automation Specialization [Coursera]
This Coursera course is designed for software developers of any kind who want an in-depth course that teaches skills and knowledge for doing software testing on products before launching them to the market
The course starts with an introduction to software testing and its benefits, how to do black-box and white-box testing with practice, and automation testing to generate a large number of tests in a short amount of time.
In this course, you will learn:
- Automation testing.
- Black and white box testing.
- Mobile and web testing.
- how to use the selenium tool to do mobile and web testing.
If Coursera courses are very useful to you, you can join the Coursera Plus, a subscription plan from Coursera which gives you unlimited access to their most popular courses, specialization, professional certificate, and guided projects. It costs around $399/year and offers unlimited certificates, so it’s completely worth your money.
10. Automated Software Testing [edX]
Last on our list of best software testing courses with online certifications 2021 is the automated software testing course by edX. This is a professional certificate course on automating testing for faster results and efficient work..
In this course, you will learn:
- Test any software using automation testing.
- The limitation of automation testing.
- Developing testable architecture.
The course covers the basics of software testing, functional testing, structural testing, and code coverage such as analyzing the structure of your source code, developing testable architectures and the limitation of this technique, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best software testing courses in 2021?
- The Complete 2021 Software Testing Bootcamp
- In-Depth Software Testing Training Course From Scratch
- Cucumber with Java-Build Automation Framework in lesser code
- Automated Software Testing with Python [Udemy]
- Testing Angular 4 (previously Angular 2) Apps with Jasmine
- Selenium WebDriver with Java -Basics to Advanced+Frameworks
- Business Analyst: Software Testing Processes & Techniques
- Automated Testing: End to End [Pluralsight]
- Software Testing and Automation Specialization [Coursera]
- Automated Software Testing [edX]
Where can I find online software testing courses
This guide covers the best and affordable beginner and advanced level software testing courses from Coursera, Udemy, Pluralsight, and edX.
If you want to become a Quality Analyst (QA) or Software Tester in 2022, the best online courses in this guide will help you.
For any more questions on the best software testing courses, let us know in the comments below
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.