The UK Government is inviting applications for the UK Chevening Scholarship 2022-2023 to help students study in the United Kingdom fully funded.
This post focuses on everything you need to know about Chevening Scholarships, the UK Chevening Scholarship 2022-2023, level/field of study, host nationality, countries eligible for Chevening Scholarships, and how to apply.
Chevening provides fully funded scholarships, thereby helping students to focus on achieving their academic goals and enjoying the experience of a lifetime studying in the UK. Students get to live and study in the UK for a year, during which time they develop professionally and academically, grow their network, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships within the UK.
British UK Chevening Scholarships
The Chevening scholarship program is the UK Government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders. Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations, Chevening offers two types of awards – Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships – the recipients of which are personally selected by the British embassies and high commissions throughout the world.
Chevening Scholarships are awarded to international students who demonstrate leadership potential and who also have strong academic backgrounds. The scholarship offers financial support to study for a master’s degree at any UK university and the opportunity to become part of an influential global network of 50,000 alumni.
The call for new applicants follows the selection of some 1,800 scholars who won an award to study at a UK university this year.
LEVEL/ FIELD OF STUDY:
This scholarship is for international students pursuing their Master’s studies in the UK. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The Chevening UK Government Scholarship is hosted in the United Kingdom (UK). If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for your Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
How Much is the UK Chevening scholarship worth?
Chevening Scholarship is a Fully Funded Scholarship Worth over £18,000. The Scholarship takes care of the Following Expenses for a Lucky Winner;
Tuition fees, living costs, travel costs, visa costs
Contribution to health tests i.e. TB testing where required
The Chevening opportunity duration is for one full year and it is renewable for students who are already enjoying the package.
How To Become A Chevening Scholar
To become one of the UK Chevening scholars you will need to:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a postgraduate program at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 13 July 2022
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 13 July 2022
How to Apply for UK Chevening Scholarships 2022-2023
The Application of the UK Chevening Scholarships 2022-2023 follows immediately after you have read through the requirements. The Application is done online. There is no application form offline.
You can only use the online platform to apply. Individuals who want to apply for Chevening scholarships 2022-2023 can do so through the official Chevening scholarship login portals listed below where they can download the Chevening scholarship application form pdf.
Through the Chevening website
Eligibility Requirements for UK Chevening Scholarship 2022-2023
To be considered for a Chevening Scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- To be eligible for Chevening, you must be a citizen of a Chevening-qualified nation or territory.
- After your award has expired, you must return to your home country for a minimum of two years.
- By the time you submit your application, you should have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will allow you to enroll in a postgraduate program at a UK university. In the United Kingdom, this is generally comparable to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree, however, it may change based on your subject and university of choice.
- Have at least two years of work experience (equal to 2,800 hours).
- By July 14, 2022, you must have applied to three distinct qualifying UK university programs and obtained an unconditional offer from one of them.
If you meet the following criteria, you will not be considered for a Chevening Scholarship:
- Unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or have BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong, you must be a British or dual British citizen.
- Have refugee status in a country that is not a Chevening qualifying country. Applicants must be citizens of a Chevening-eligible country and have refugee status in that country to be considered for a scholarship.
- Are a current or former employee of Her Majesty’s Government (including British embassies/high commissions, the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, the Department for International Trade, the Ministry of Defence, and the Home Office), or a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities’ staff.
- Workers, past employees, and relatives* of employees of Chevening Partner organizations are allowed to apply, but they will not be able to earn a Chevening Partner Award from the organization where they work, previously worked, or are related to.
- Have previously studied in the United Kingdom with the support of a UK government scholarship.
If you applied for this Chevening scholarship program before the deadline, but have not yet submitted your English language test results or your unconditional university offer, you must upload them to your application by February 2023. Use the ‘upload application documents’ button above to upload them. Please note that only documents in PDF format can be uploaded and documents cannot be over 5MB in size.
If you are eventually conditionally selected for a Chevening Scholarship, it is essential that you have submitted these documents in order to remain in the process.
English Language Requirements
In order to receive a Chevening Award, all applicants must demonstrate that they have fulfilled the Chevening English language requirement by February 2023. All applicants are advised to ensure they have fulfilled the English language requirement as early as possible by either:
- Taking an English language test
- Claiming an exemption based on the UKVI exempt categories
If you fail to demonstrate that you have met the required English language level by 16 July 2022 or fail to prove that you qualify for an exemption, your application will not be successful.
English language tests
You are free to take tests more than once in order to meet the Chevening English language requirement. Please note that Chevening does not pay for costs associated with English language testing. You are responsible for booking and paying for costs associated with these tests.
Chevening accepts English language tests from five providers:
- Academic IELTS
- Pearson PTE Academic
- TOEFL iBT
- C1 Advanced (formerly Cambridge English: Advanced [CAE])
- Trinity ISE II (B2)
The English language test must be taken from one of these providers on or after 1 October 2019. If you do not already have an existing eligible test certificate, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have booked a test date so that you can obtain the required results.
The overall score of 6.5 with a minimum score in each component of:
- Listening 5.5
- Reading 5.5
- Speaking 5.5
- Writing 5.5
Pearson PTE Academic
The overall score of 58 with a minimum score in each component of:
- Listening 42
- Reading 42
- Speaking 42
- Writing 42
TOEFL iBT The overall score of 79 with a minimum score in each component of:
- Listening 17
- Reading 18
- Speaking 20
- Writing 17
The overall score of 176 with a minimum score in each component of:
- Listening 162
- Reading 162
- Speaking 162
- Writing 162
Trinity ISE II (B2)
Overall pass and minimum pass in each skill across both modules:
- Listening 2
- Reading 15
- Speaking 8
- Writing 14
Please note that the turnaround time for English language tests varies:
- IELTS results will be available in 13 days
- PTE Academic results will be available in five business days
- TOEFL results will be available approximately ten days
- C1 Advanced results will be available in two weeks
- Trinity results will be available in 14 days
English language test results are sometimes withheld or delayed due to standard auditing procedures carried out by the test provider.
Please note that extensions to the 16 July deadline will not be granted in cases where results are withheld or delayed, and applicants should, therefore, ensure that they take their test well in advance of the deadline.
Remember to prepare for your English language test in advance.
What is the Deadline for Chevening Scholarship 2022-2023 Application?
Applications for 2022/2023 Chevening Scholarships are now closed. However, you can subscribe to our push notification to get notified when the application resumes later in the year.
From the 3rd of November, Applications are sifted against eligibility criteria.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.