This post contains a detailed list of the 10 best Colleges that change the lives of students after graduation.
Colleges that change lives or CTCL offer personalized, student-centered experiences and render extraordinary services to students while in school and after graduation.
Here is the list of the 10 best colleges that change the lives of students after graduation.
We recommend you also read Johns Hopkins University Acceptance Rate in 2022 | Admission
How Were the Colleges That Change Lives Selected?
The CTCL member schools all have a student-centered mission, even though their viewpoints, institutional missions, and educational approaches differ.
Common features of CTCL include:
- Collaboration is key to learning, not competition.
- Values are discussed in the classrooms and other places around campus.
- The sense of belonging and connection extends much beyond the first four years of attendance.
- Instead of merely obtaining a degree, students are there to learn.
- Students want to share their experiences at college and how it has impacted them.
10 Best colleges that change the lives of students after graduation
#1. Allegheny College
Allegheny College is first on our list of top colleges that change lives. Here students expand their concentrations beyond one academic division, inculcate the habit of critical thinking and develop an interest in their future dreams.
After graduation from Allegheny college, your life can be changed in the following ways ;
- By providing employment opportunities.
- Go on to earn PhDs in all fields.
- Get accepted into graduate schools easily.
#2. Agnes Scott College
Agnes Scott College is for females who are willing to take the world by storm
This college makes a difference by educating women to live honorably, think deeply, and engage in the intellectual and social challenges of their times.
Agnes Scott College fosters an environment in which women can develop high expectations for themselves as scholars, individuals, professionals, and citizens of the world.
The after-graduation experience can be summarized thus;
- Its graduates win several fellowship opportunities like Truman Scholars, Fulbright Fellows, and Goldwater Scholars to positions with Peace Corps and Teach For America.
- Graduands can pursue their passions anywhere in the world.
- 91% of female graduates earn a degree in four years.
- Agnes Scott alumnus who works for a variety of organizations, from small nonprofits to Fortune 500 companies including CNN, CARE, Cartoon Network, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Harpswell Foundation, General Mills, Museum of Modern Art, U.S. Naval Research Laboratory, and Zurich Insurance Group.
#3. Centre College
According to Colleges That Change Lives, “No university faculty compares with Centre College in terms of the impact it has on the growth of young minds and personalities.
Center college faculty excels at the art of teaching.”
After graduation, students are empowered in the following ways;
Within 10 months of graduation, 97% of the Centre graduates who report (on average) are either engaged in advance study or employed.
Alumni pursue graduate school.
Most of them gain entrance to top graduate and professional schools including Harvard, Yale, M.I.T., Chicago, Oxford, and Cambridge.
#4. Eckerd College
In the list of our colleges that changes lives, Eckerd produced graduates who go on to get doctorates in the sciences and the humanities.
Here’s how Eckerd can change your life after graduation;
You can be awarded a Hollings scholarship.
Another scholarship awarded by NOAA recognizes the top 100 sophomores in the country who are preparing for careers in environmental, oceanic, marine, and atmospheric sciences. Eckerd alumni also get fellowship opportunities easily like Truman, Rhodes, Goldwater, National Science Foundation Research Fellowship, Gilman, EPA Star Graduate Research Fellowship, and Fulbright.
#5. Bard College
Bard College students get to attend BardWorks, a week-long workshop series that hone the job search and professional skills of students and connect them to the Bard network.
You may get an internship in the community Bard is located in. This is called Civic engagement.
#6. Lawrence University
My learning experience at Lawrence university includes research, travel, and professional experience.
Lawrence University offers both conservatory of music and a college of liberal arts.
Below are the benefits;
- About 73% are working in different professional fields including Apple, Facebook, Google, Hiroshima Prefectural Government, Baltimore City Public Schools, Mediterranean Center for Arts & Sciences (Italy), Chicago Shakespeare Theatre, Peace Corps, and Humana. All these In the first year after graduation
- Mid-career salaries are among the top-tier college graduates and liberal arts.
- About 22% are attending medical, graduate, and law school right after graduation.
- Badging Watson Fellowships & Fulbright Scholarships and internships.
#7. Hampshire College
This college actively engages the mind of its students and aids graduates in the following ways;
- You develop the ability to ability to question, research, write, analyze, negotiate, and undertake substantial independent projects
- Employers love Hampshire graduates because they know how to work well with others, self-direct, solve problems, take initiative, communicate effectively, and take risks.
- Might be a recipient of a Fulbright Award.
- Famous Hampshire alumni include Academy Award winner Lupita Nyong’o, award-winning documentary filmmaker Ken Burns, Duolingo co-founder Jose Fuentes, comedian Eugene Mirman, and author Jon Krakauer.
#8. Clark University
Clark University is a relatively small institution where individual attention is given to every one of the students due to the smaller number of students.
Graduates of Clark university can boast of having attended a leading research college that changes lives for the following reasons;
- The educational model, Liberal Education and Effective Practice (LEEP) enable students to translate their studies into remarkable careers and accomplished lives.
- Clark graduates are driving innovations in popular non-profit, finance and business, high tech, healthcare, and communications industries.
- Recent employers include Forbes, Amazon, Magazine, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Google, Bloomberg, Boston Public Schools, Massachusetts General Hospital, the Peace Corps, and many others.
#9. Birmingham-Southern College
Birmingham-Southern College changes lives and helps students grow intellectually, morally, and personally.
Students are mentored by professionals in a field of interest who help them find internships and shadowing opportunities,
#10. Reed College
Reed college is another top college that changes the lives of students.
The graduates enjoy;
Outstanding opportunities like National Science Foundation Fellowship and Rhodes Scholarship.
Thirty-one percent of Reed alumni have found careers in industry and business, creating small, contributing to major corporations, and tech start-ups, and working in national security advising, policy, law, and management.
How to Find the Colleges Right for You
Keep in mind the colleges that best fit your learning profile, academic interests, requirements, and objectives while you investigate the CTCL schools and others.
To identify the schools that are the best fit, consider each institution’s diversity in academic offerings, scope of relevant programs, opportunities for research, culture, sports, and extracurricular activities, affordability, accessibility to students’ homes, availability of support services, and career preparation beyond the classroom.
FAQs Best Colleges That Change Lives Of Students After Graduation in 2023
These offer personalized, student-centered experiences and render extraordinary services to students while in school and after graduation
Vanderbilt is the Happiest University in the US
This is followed by Rice University.
GVSU, Grand Valley State.
For transfer students, GVSU has five different scholarships available, ranging in value from $1,000 to $6,000.
The University of Syracuse
At ‘Cuse, students bleed orange.
Their school passion is contagious and always seen during raucous basketball and football games.
We Also Recommend
- Discover the Top 15 Best Colleges in Chicago
- The Top 15 Best Nutrition Colleges in the US
- Check Out the Top 15 Best Colleges on Long Island
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.