CSC Scholarship 2022 is a fully-funded scholarship for international students available for undergraduate, master’s, and Ph.D. studies at more than 280 Chinese Universities.
The CSC scholarship is also known as the Chinese Government Scholarship 2022 covers basic health insurance, accommodation, and monthly allowance up to 3500 Yuan. It intends to promote education, exchanges in education and politics, culture, trade, cooperation, and mutual understanding between other countries and China. International students from all world countries are eligible to apply.
Application for the Chinese Government Scholarship is done online at the CSC portal. After successful online submission, candidates should apply to the selected university and send the required documents to the university along with the CSC scholarship application form.
Read on to know more about the CSC Scholarship 2022, its benefits, and the step-by-step application procedure. But before that, here are 4 reasons why China is an ideal country to study in.
In 2020, China hosted 377,054 international students and is becoming an increasingly accessible destination for students from foreign countries. Programs are taught in English and they partner with almost 70 countries to ensure mutual recognition of academic degrees.
One of the factors that now contributes to the growth of a global economy is international students and countries now understand the importance of allowing foreigners to study in their universities. China is making great efforts to promote such opportunities by establishing strong connections with universities in the United States, such as New York University and Stanford University. In 2014, this association had national publicity and was the subject of a speech delivered by First Lady Michelle Obama.
In addition, education in China is first class, no matter where you decide to study in China. The Chinese government actively participates in Chinese institutions and aims at creating a high level of education throughout the country.
2. Professional Opportunities
Recently, China overtook Japan as the world’s second-largest economy. This implies that there are now more and more job opportunities available for international students! However, working in a Chinese company will require you to master the language and have a basic knowledge of their culture.
Having a job or working in a Chinese company gives you the opportunity to succeed in almost any major economy. As an international student, you have the benefit of learning the language, getting familiar with the Chinese culture, and having an idea of the labor market. This will give you an advantage when searching or competing for jobs.
3. Cost of Living
The daily cost of living in China is very cheap. You can get a round trip on public transport often for less than 50 cents and buy a large meal for around £ 2 to £ 3. This is significantly cheaper compared to the United States, the United Kingdom, and Japan. Chinese study visa costs £ 75, very cheaper than the visa needed to enter the UK.
Rent, which can be the most expensive in Europe, is also very cheap. In Beijing, the average cost of a dormitory is £ 112 per month.
4. Unparalleled Experience
China has a history of more than 4,000 years and has been innovator in almost all subjects, including martial arts, philosophy, business, astronomy, and mathematics, while contributing greatly to studies of literature, religion, art, among others. Although it may be difficult to adapt to Chinese culture at first as an international student, there’s a good reward in experiencing such a rich and developed culture.
China is also one of the largest and populous countries in the world. The geography varies from the desert of Gobi, in the north, to the mountains of the Himalayas, in the southwest. In the coastal east, depending on where you are, you can get mountains or beaches. It’s very possible and affordable to explore and travel around China due to the trains that connect the main cities.
CSC Scholarship 2022
Eligibility Requirements of CSC Scholarship 2022
Below are the minimum eligibility requirements for a Chinese Government Scholarship:
- International Student (Not being a Chinese citizen)
- Not be in possession of another scholarship issued by the Chinese government or any of its delegations.
Minimum Age Requirement:
- Undergraduate students must not be more than 25 years old,
- For a master’s degree age limit is 35 years
- For a Ph.D. degree, the age limit is 40 years
- Higher Secondary School Certificate or equivalent for undergraduate students,
- Bachelor Degree for the master’s degree
- Masters degree for the doctoral degree.
CSC Scholarship 2022 Benefits
Recipients of the Chinese Government Scholarship will get the following benefits:
- Type A CSC Scholarship covers registration fees, basic medical insurance, accommodation (in a university residence, mostly a shared room with another person), and a monthly allowance for personal expenses (between 2,500 and 3,500 Yuan per month, approximately 350 and 500 USD respectively).
- Except for the monthly allowance for personal expenses, the Type B CSC Scholarship covers the same as the Type A scholarship.
- Type C CSC Scholarship is another type of partial scholarship. It comes with few benefits.
- Due to the high demand, Type A CSC scholarship is more attractive and more competitive. Type B or Type C CSC scholarships are easier to obtain if you can afford living expenses.
How to Apply for CSC Scholarship 2022?
Below is the application procedure that will help you to apply for a Chinese Government Scholarship:
- Application Period: The application period for CSC Scholarship is from January to April of each year. Some authorized universities or agencies have different deadlines. Ensure you should check the deadline of universities of your choice.
- The application for CSC Scholarship must first be completed online (in English or Chinese) with the CSC portal account.
- At the beginning of the online application form, you will be asked to choose the number of authorized agencies or universities (a code that you will find on the internet or that will be provided by the university you have selected) and the type of scholarship according to its funding (A, B or C).
- Ensure you attach the required documents in PDF format after completing all the information in the online application for the Chinese Government Scholarship.
- After submitting your online Chinese Government Scholarship application, download the application.
- Select the Chinese University and Course here.
- Check if the Chinese University you are seeking admission into requires an online application along with a Chinese Government Scholarship application or not.
- If an online application is required, submit the application on the university’s website and attach your Chinese Government Scholarship application.
- Make 2 sets of documents (list given below) and send one to the University address.
- As of mid-July, the results will be made public on the same page of the application. After that, the successful applicants will begin to distribute the necessary documentation by post. This is done to process the study visa in the country of origin of the candidates.
Required Documents for CSC Scholarship 2022
Completed application form: You will find it after registering on the official page of the Chinese government scholarships.
(1) Notary attested highest degree and transcript.
(2) Official medical form or Foreigner Physical Examination Form. A copy of this form filled out by a doctor must be attached. Be sure the form is signed by the doctor and that it has an official seal of the medical center or hospital where you do it. At least one stamp must be stamped on top of the previously attached card photograph. Any form older than 6 months from the date of application won’t be accepted.
(3) CV is written in English or Chinese: You can attach a document that contains information about your academic interests and your specialty, or fill it out directly in the corresponding section of the application form.
(4) letters of recommendation, 2 preferably, written in English or in Chinese from your last university professors.
(5) TOEFL or IELTS Diploma: A TOEFL or IELTS Diploma is compulsory if you are not a native of an English-speaking country and want to study in English and: The university specifies the minimum scores of both diplomas for each type of course. If you don’t have an IELTS certificate, you can also provide an English proficiency certificate that states that your last degree was taught in the English language.
(6) Study Plan / Research Proposal.
(7) Passport Copy.
(8) Although it is NOT an essential requirement, applicants who have an HSK diploma (level of Chinese) must attach it while applying for this scholarship. The Chinese government plans to finance up to two years of Chinese-language university studies so that the level of Chinese required by the program you have chosen can be reached. However, if you already have a degree, your training will be a lower economic expense. This idea does not apply to courses that are taught in English, This is because enrollment rates in these courses are twice as large as those taught in Chinese.
(9) Acceptance letter issued by professors of a Chinese university where you want to take admission is another important but not essential requirement. Some universities prefer applicants to have acceptance letters and some universities have no requirement for acceptance letters. An acceptance letter will be preferred If you are applying for a university having a limited quota of seats. If it is a high-ranked university/university, acceptance letters will also be preferred. Start Emailing Professors for Acceptance Letter in October.
Tips: To find the faculty of your desired university, go to google.com and write the University name for example Zhejiang University Faculty of Biochemistry or Life Sciences. You will see the faculty list, copy the Professor’s email and send an email. If you don’t get a response after the first mail, exercise patience and don’t start shelling emails because they might be busy or they don’t need any new students.
(10) Pre-admission letter is another important but not essential requirement.It is a letter issued by the university that you are wanted as a student. However, unless you have studied at that university and they know you by your merits, this letter isn’t easy to achieve. The letter increases your chances of being awarded the scholarship to attend that university. You may be sent to another university of your priority (during the application process, you have the possibility to select three universities in order of preference) If you do not have one or, in the worst case, to any other university you choose.
(11) Other documents: If you have other distinctions or research publications, you must attach them.
(12) If any particular Chinese University requires an application process fee or application screening, you must submit it. Print and attach its receipt to the two sets of your documents.
Note: It is recommended you choose a reliable courier service to send your CSC scholarship application documents directly to the address of the Chinese University so it can be received by the university in time.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.