With the Intention of supporting high-quality graduates from all around the world, DAAD is now offering Development-Related Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students in Germany. The studentship is open to graduates from all around the world.
The scholarships offer foreign graduates a chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German University. DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialized countries.
READ ALSO: University of Hull Merit Scholarship in the UK, 2022
German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
The German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD is the largest German support organization in the field of international academic cooperation. It provides information and advice on study and research opportunities, as well as available grants, tailored to students and academics within their region.
DAAD Development-Related Postgraduate International Scholarships 2022 Eligible Countries
- Europe: Albania, Belarus, Moldova, Rep and Ukraine
- North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Tunesia
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Dem. Rep., Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabun, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sâo Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, St. Helena, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Uganda, Zimbabwe.
- North and Central America: Antigua and Barbuda, Belize, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaika, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
- South America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Columbia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Venezuela.
- Near and Middle Asia East: Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestinian territories, Syria, Yemen
- South and Central Asia: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
- East Asia: Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Korea DPR, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippines, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam
- Oceania: Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tuvalu, Tonga, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna
To be eligible for this educational program, candidates are required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The international applicant students who are paying full international fees.
- Candidate must be a nation of the following country listed above.
- The candidate must be a graduate student.
- Candidate must fulfill the necessary academic requirements.
- Candidates have at least two years’ professional experience.
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject.
- Candidate must complete an academic degree with far above average results and at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor) at the time of application.
Acceptable Course and Subject
The grants are open for studying the following postgraduate degree coursework:
- Economic Sciences/Business Administration/Political Economics: Master’s Programme in International and Development Economics – MIDE
- MA Development Economics
- Small Enterprise Promotion and Training – SEPT
- Development Cooperation:
- Development Management
- Geography of Environmental Risks and Human Security
- Bonn International Graduate School for Development Research (BIGS-DR)
- (formerly ZEF Doctoral Studies Program)
- Sustainable Development Management
- Engineering and Related Sciences
- Hydro Science and Engineering
- Textile and Ready-Made Clothing Technology
- Master of Engineering in “Energy and Environmental Management in
- Developing Countries” (formerly SESAM)
- Water Resources and Environmental Management – WATENV
- Postgraduate Programme Renewable Energy
- Photogrammetry and Geoinformatics
- Master’s Programme Infrastructure Planning
- WASTE – Air Quality Control, Solid Waste and Waste Water Process Engineering
- Natural Hazards and Risks in Structural Engineering
- PhD Programme Mathematics in Industry and Commerce – MIC
- Regional and Urban Planning
- Urban Management – UM
- SPRING – Regional Development Planning and Management
- Integrated Urbanism and Sustainable Design – IUSD
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences and Resource Management in the Tropics and
- Subtropics – ARTS
- Tropical Forestry
- Agricultural Economics, Bioeconomy and Rural Development (Giessen)
- Agricultural Economics, Bioeconomy and Rural Development (Hohenheim)
- Tropical and International Forestry
- Agricultural Economics – AgEcon
- Master of Science in International Horticulture
- Natural and Environmental Sciences
- International Studies in Aquatic Tropical Ecology – ISATEC
- Environmental Governance – MEG
- Landscape Ecology and Nature Conservation – LENC
- Natural Resources Management and Development (NRM)
- Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM)
- Renewable Energy Management (REM)
- Environment and Resources Management (ENREM)– Focus Latin America
- Medicine/Public Health
- International Health (Berlin)
- Global and Urban Health
- International Health
- Social Sciences, Education and Law
- Vocational Education and Personnel Capacity Building
- International Education Management
- Master of Laws in Intellectual Property and Competition Law
- Media Studies
- International Media Studies HS Bonn-RheinS
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- Depending on an academic level, monthly payments of 850 Euros for graduates or 1,200 Euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of the family
- The duration of the funding is 12 to 36 months (dependent on the study program)
How to Apply for the DAAD Development-Related Postgraduate International Scholarships 2022
For applying to these studentships, candidates are needed to follow this application procedure:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
For applying, candidates are demanded to take admission in postgraduate degree coursework at a recognized German university. After receiving confirmation, seekers can download and submit the award application form. The applications have to be sent directly to the respective University.
Note: Applications (or documents) sent to the DAAD will not be forwarded to the according to courses.
Step 2: Submit required documents
- Signed DAAD application form with the current date
- Personally signed CV (please use the sample Europass form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/) with the current date
- Personally signed Letter of Motivation
- Letter of recommendation from your current employe
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer
- Proof of Language Skills:
- English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: The institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
- German – required for courses taught in German
- Copies of Academic Degrees (certified translation if necessary)
- Copies of Academic Transcripts, incl. grading-scale (certified translation if necessary)
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are asked to submit an APS Certificate with their application documents.
- Candidates have a Bachelor’s degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject.
- For study courses in German: Successful passing of the language examination DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 before the start of the study course. Therefore, a minimum German language level of B1 at the time of application is a requirement that needs to be proofed by providing a current certificate.
- For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, 80 internet-based)
Depending on the country you come from, you might be exempt from needing a visa to study in Germany, but you are still required to obtain a residence permit for studies lasting more than 90 days, once you arrive in Germany.
Scholarship application deadline: Depending on the chosen study program.
Contact email or phone number: firstname.lastname@example.org or +254 (733) 92 99 29
Postal Address: DAAD, German Academic Exchange Service, Kennedyallee 50, 53175 Bonn (Germany)
Start Your Application
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.
1 thought on “DAAD Development-Related Postgraduate International Scholarships 2022”
Comments are closed.