Looking for a private catholic university in the USA? Depaul University is a good option. Scroll down this article to learn about Depaul University Acceptance Rate and how to get in easily. This article explains Depaul’s University Acceptance Rate, Admission requirements, Tuition, and Financial Aid, GPA Requirements, SAT Requirements, and Frequently Asked Questions by students who desire the institution admission.
As a private institution, DePaul University was established in 1898. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 14,145 students (fall 2020), is located in an urban area, and covers 41 acres. The academic calendar is based on quarters. DePaul University has ranked #127 in National Universities in the Best Colleges 2022 edition. The total cost of tuition and fees is $42,012.
The school’s devotion to personalism and professionalism sets DePaul apart from its other counterparts. As one of the country’s largest private and Catholic universities, the majority of classes have less than 40 students, and faculty members are committed to students’ educational success. Depaul University celebrates and explores differences within and beyond the classroom by welcoming students from many states, countries, faiths, and backgrounds.
READ ALSO: Best ECSD Online Courses in 2021
Depaul University’s Acceptance Rate
DePaul’s admittance rate is 70.2 percent, making it the lowest in Illinois. DePaul is a moderately competitive school to get into, with a strong possibility of acceptance if you match the prerequisites. Last year, 19,575 out of 27,869 applications were accepted, making it a moderate school to get into.
DePaul University normally accepts and attracts “A-” average high school students with a GPA of 3.8. Only 14% of those admitted choose to attend.
Academics At Depaul University And Acceptance Rate
DePaul University has a 17:1 student-to-faculty ratio, with 36.5 percent of classes having fewer than 20 pupils. Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services; Visual and Performing Arts; Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services; Social Sciences; Psychology; Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies and Humanities; Health Professions and Related Programs; Education; and Biological and Biomedical Sciences are among the most popular majors at DePaul University. The average freshman retention rate is 85 percent, which is a good sign of student satisfaction.
CLICK HERE to know more about academics at Depaul University.
Types of Admission At Depaul University
For Degree Students
- Fresh Man Student- You have finished at least six semesters of high school and are under the age of 24.
- Transfer Student- You have finished college courses at a regionally accredited institution and are under the age of 24.
- Adult Undergraduate Student- You are 24 years old or older, have completed some college coursework, and want to pursue an undergraduate degree.
- Graduate Student- You hold a bachelor’s degree and are seeking admission to a graduate school. Alternatively, you may wish to enroll in graduate courses without obtaining a degree.
- International Student: You were educated outside of the United States and will submit international educational credentials as part of your application, and/or you have F-1 or J-1 visa status now or in the future.
- Returning Student: You are a former DePaul student who has been away from the institution for three or more consecutive quarters while enrolled in an undergraduate degree program (excluding summer sessions).
For Non-Degree Students
- Visiting Undergraduate Students: You are a high school student, a high school graduate, or a college student who wants to take undergraduate courses for credit at another institution.
- Non-Degree Student: You’re a college graduate who wants to take classes for credit (for graduate school preparation, job growth, or personal pleasure) but don’t plan to finish a degree.
- Continuing Education Student: You’re looking for an online certificate, endorsement, or review course as a professional. These choices do not necessitate the submission of an application. Simply search for and register for the program that interests you.
Admission Requirements For Depaul University
- For Transfer Students
In transferrable courses, a GPA of 2.5 or above is required.
To be eligible for DePaul University’s transfer application program, you must finish the following courses:
- Finance, management accounting, business law, macroeconomics, microeconomics, and math (business statistics) are required for College of Business programs.
- Organizational communication, public relations, and advertising are required courses in communication colleges for students pursuing Communication Studies, Journalism, Media, and Cinema.
- Introduction to education, Human Development, Educational Psychology, Math, and Physical Education are required courses at the College of Education.
- Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Neuroscience, Data Science, Mathematics, and Physics are necessary for the College of Science and Health.
- All courses should be passed with a grade of C or above
2. For Undergraduates
DePaul University’s undergraduate programs have a competitive admissions process. The university provides approximately 120 undergraduate degrees, the most popular of which are Communication, Journalism, and Management.
The Common Application website is where you can apply for admission.
DePaul University’s application portal
The application fee is $60.
Requirements for Admission:
- Secondary school transcripts or mark sheets must be certified copies.
- It is not necessary to submit original copies because they will not be returned.
- All documentation must be presented in the English language.
- Scores on tests to study in the United States as proof of English language proficiency
- It is necessary to have a minimum GPA of 2.5. This equates to a C letter grade of 77-79 percent.
Depaul University Tuition and Financial Aid
The tuition at DePaul University is $42,012. DePaul University is more expensive than the national average of $41,281 tuition. Tuition and fees, generally known as the sticker price, are included in these statistics. Library services, student exercise facilities, student centers, technology resources, and campus health centers may all be funded through fees, which vary by university. The overall cost at DePaul University is $59,793. The net price is the average cost of a university after financial aid and scholarships have been deducted from the overall cost.
Depaul University GPA Requirements
DePaul University expects you to have a 3.7 GPA and be above average in your high school class. At the very least, you’ll need a mix of A’s and B’s, with more A’s than B’s. You can make up for a low GPA by taking more difficult classes, such as AP or IB. This demonstrates that you can handle more challenging academics than the ordinary high school student.
Depaul University Acceptance SAT Requirements
DePaul University’s average SAT composite score is 1180 on a 1600-point scale.
YOU CAN ALSO READ: Best Private Schools in Los Angeles
International students who intend to apply to DePaul University should make sure they meet the basic eligibility requirements. The status of your application is normally updated in a minimum of 2-3 weeks, although it may take longer. The institution may give conditional offers to applicants who do not meet certain qualifying criteria but excel in other elements of the applications and prerequisites. In this situation, applicants must either attend a preparation course before beginning their program, submit scores for tests that they may be requested to return for, or maintain a certain consistent GPA while enrolled in the program.
FAQs On Depaul University Acceptance Rate
The school has a 70% admission rate, which places it #29 in Illinois for the lowest acceptance rate. DePaul is a moderately competitive school to get into, with a strong possibility of acceptance if you match the prerequisites. Last year, 19,575 out of 27,869 candidates were admitted, making it a moderately competitive school to get into.
DePaul University expects you to have a 3.7 GPA and be above average in your high school class. At the very least, you’ll need a mix of A’s and B’s, with more A’s than B’s. You can make up for a low GPA by taking more difficult classes, such as AP or IB.
As you can see, a GPA of less than 3.75, and then less than 3.50, drastically reduces your chances of being admitted. If you have a poor GPA and wish to apply to DePaul, you’ll need to be a good test taker and submit your ACT and/or SAT results as well.
The acceptance rate at Depaul university is 70.2%
The average high school GPA for DePaul University admitted students is 3.67 on a 4.0 scale.
Overall, we still think DePaul University is a terrific value and well worth the money. However, if you can get into a school with a higher reputation and lower tuition, you’ll almost certainly gain a lot more in the long run.
It’s difficult to deny that Depaul University is the city’s most popular party school. With so many fraternities and sororities, as well as college bars, there is something to do practically every night of the week around the Lincoln Park campus.
Every year, DePaul is one of the leading generators of Fulbright award winners and Peace Corps volunteers. DePaul is consistently listed as one of the best institutions in the Midwest by both The Princeton Review and Forbes and is recognized by US News and World Report for both social mobility and innovation.
No, it’s not. The acceptable SAT score is from 1180 and above.
Although not required in order to review your application, the school encourages test-optional applicants to submit the optional personal essay through the Common App. Applicants applying test-optional will be reviewed separately from applicants applying with SAT or ACT scores.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.