Interested students looking for Admission to Study at Durham University should read on to know the Durham university tuition, courses, scholarships, and ranking 2022.
This post focuses on Durham University, Durham University Address, University Ranking, acceptance Rate, accommodation, tuition fees, admission, scholarships, notable Alumni, Courses, and Colleges in 2022.
Durham University is the third oldest University in England established by the Act of Law in 1832. It is one of the prestigious Universities in England Uk. As a collegiate university, its main functions are divided between the academic departments of the university and 16 colleges.
Official school website: www.dur.ac.uk
Durham University Address
Durham University, The Palatine Centre, Stockton Road Durham, DH1 3LE North East England United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (191) 334 2000
Fax: +44 (191) 334 6250
Durham University Ranking
- Ranked the 6th according to complete
- Ranked the 5th according to The Guardian
- Ranked the 7th according to Times / Sunday Times
- Ranked the 12th according to QS
- Ranked the 20th according to UniRank
- Ranked the 114th according to THE
- Ranked the 74th according to QS
- Ranked the 78th according to CWTS Leiden
- Ranked the 94th according to Round University Ranking
- Ranked the 268th according to UniRank
Durham University Acceptance Rate 2022
Durham University has an acceptance rate of 74.2% of applicants per year. That Means Durham University can take 8 out of 10 Students no matter your grade, thereby giving you the best of Academic Knology and sound tutoring.
Durham University Accommodation 2022
Undergraduate colleges at Durham University offer fully-catered, part-catered, and self-catering accommodation options. The cost of college accommodation includes utilities and a variety of services.
Most students in their first year stay in the accommodation provided by the school and move to private accommodations after that. However, some of them return to the campus accommodation for their final years. The cost of these private rented accommodations varies depending on their locations and the services they offer.
For more information, please visit the school website or follow the link to be automatically redirected: www.dur.ac.uk/study/ug/finance/uk/accomodation/
Durham University Tuition Fees
Tuition fees for all students are 9 250 euros per year.
Durham University Admission
Entry requirements for African students:
- Nigeria: the WASSCE / SSCE / NECO is not suitable for undergraduate direct entry, the students are required to complete an alternative qualification or a foundation program for direct entry.
- Postgraduate requirements: applicants should hold a bachelor’s degree with a minimum grade of second class upper division or a GPA of 3.5 in a 5 point grade system from a recognized institution.
- Some exceptions, however, can be made for students with relevant work experience or with a high second class lower division (58%) or a GPA of 2.8 in a 5 point grade system from any Nigerian university of high prestige.
The accepted list of schools can be found by sending an email to the international office at email@example.com
Furthermore, applicants must provide proof of English language proficiency. The entry requirements vary from course to course, however, there has to be accreditation of previous learnings.
In the case where an applicant does not meet the requirements for admissions into an undergraduate or postgraduate degree, they may be eligible to take a pathway program at the school’s international study center
For more information on general admissions, please visit the school website or follow the direct link to be automatically redirected: www.dur.ac.uk/academic.office/ugadmissions/
- Email 1: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email 2: email@example.com
- Email 3 (for international students help): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel 1: +44 (0) 191 334 1000
- Tel 2: +44 (0) 191 334 9125
- Fax: +44 (0) 191 344 6044
- For inquiries regarding undergraduate admissions, please contact:
- Tel: +44 (0) 191 334 6128
- For inquiries regarding undergraduate admissions, please contact:
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: +44 (0) 191 334 6492
Durham University Scholarships 2022
Durham university Scholarships and grants are funded by the school or in partnership with organizations and some of the school alumni. These grants are available for the best students without regard to their financial status.
Some of these scholarships include:
- Brian Cooper scholarship: opens for application opening soon.
- Choral and Organ Scholarship: application not yet open
- Durham University Arts Management Group: applications now open
- Durham Expeditions Group: applications are ongoing
- Durham University Military scholarship: applications open October 2018
- Durham University students Travelling Abroad Fund: applications now ongoing
- Hogan Lovell’s scholarship: application opens October 2018
- Laidlaw scholarship in research and leadership: applications not yet open.
- VC’s scholarship: awarded to the best students at the end of the school year.
- VC’s scholarship for sport music and arts – applications open October 2018
- VC’s scholarship North East – applications opening soon
- The Graham and Joanna Barker scholarship for Music: applications open October 2018
- St. Nicholas scholarship: applications open October
- Robert Young scholarship: applications open October
For more information and to apply, please visit the school website or follow the link to be automatically redirected: www.dur.ac.uk/studying/ug/fnance/uk/scholarships/
Durham University Notable Alumni
- Richard Adam: founder of fair trade organization Traidcraft
- Sir Nick Scheele: former president and chief operating officer of Ford Motor Company.
- David Sproxton: the co-founder of Aardman Animations
- Tim Smith: the co-founder of the Eden Project
- George Entwistle: former Director-General of the BBC
- Sir Harold Evans: former editor of The Times
- George Alagiah: presenter of the BBC News at Six
- Will Carling: former England rugby captain
- Jonathan Edwards: former Beijing Olympics Bronze medallist rower
- Sophie Hosking: former England cricket captain.
- Biddy Baxter: former producer of Blue Peter, Arthur Bostrom.
- Jamie Campbell: filmmaker
- Nish Kumar: filmmaker
- Alastair Fothergill: series producer of The Blue Planet, Planet Earth, and director of Earth.
- Shelagh Fogarty: host of the BBC Radio 5 Live breakfast show.
- Lorraine Heggessey: first female controller of BBC One;
- Chris Terrill: documentary maker, writer, and famous for being the only civilian to pass the Royal Marines Commando tests to gain an honorary green beret.
- Edward Bradly: famous writer; author of The Adventures of Mr. Verdant Green.
Durham University Courses
- Faculty of social sciences and health
- Department of anthropology
- School of applied social sciences
- Department of archaeology
- Durham University Business School
- School of education
- Department of geography
- School of government and International Affairs
- Durham law school
- Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Department of classics and ancient history
- Department of English studies
- Department of history
- School of modern languages and cultures
- Department of music
- Department of philosophy
- Department of theology and religion
- English language center
- Centre for foreign language study
- Faculty of science
- Department of biosciences
- Department of chemistry
- Department of computer science
- Department of earth sciences
- Department of engineering
- Department of mathematical sciences
- Department of physics
- Department of psychology
- Durham University Colleges
- Collingwood College
- Grey college
- Hatfield College
- John Snow College
- Josephine Butler College
- St. Aidan’s college
- St. Chad’s college
- St Cuthbert’s society
- College of St Hilda and St Bede
- St John’s College
- St. Mary’s College
- Stephenson College
- Trevelyan College
- University College
- Ustinov College
- Van Mildert College
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.