The Fortis fellowship program 2022 by the Fortis society is open to undergraduate students in their second year of study.
In this post, you’ll get to know about the Fortis Fellowship Program 2022 for Undergraduates, fellowship benefits, number of awardees, scholarship criteria, and application process.
READ ALSO: University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowship Scholarships 2022
Fortis Fellowship Program 2022 for Undergraduates
The fellowship program has already lasted for three years, and yearly select deem student into the fellowship program. The inception of the fellowship award was initiated by a great leader and philanthropist Charles F. Feeney. The Fortis fellowship program is aimed at improving lives and creating many professionals in developing countries and universities in the world. Thus, Fortis society is a self-governed and financed organization. This foundation is one of the future leader foundations in the USA.
Thus, for students to be admitted into this fellowship a cooptation process is used in the selection process. Nonetheless, the fellowship program is open to students not older than 22 years who are in their second year of study in any university around the world. Thus, the Fortis fellowship program aims at developing young leaders who are academically sound. The fellowship program is also in contribution to prepare the awarded student to become full members of the Fortis Society.
Fortis Fellowship Program 2022 Benefits:
- The Future Leaders Foundation will cover the rest of the students’ program cost
- The winners will be opportune to get mentorship from world-renowned professionals;
- There will be a three-week intensive leadership training for the winners of the fellowship program
- The students will be provided with funding and support for an internship abroad;
- The winners will be provided with customized career advice and tools
- Also, the students will be given access to an influential international network.
Number of Awardees:
The number of students to be awarded this fellowship program is usually not specified but will be given to students from humble backgrounds and thus prepares them to be part of the Fortis Society.
To be eligible to apply for the Fortis fellowship program for undergraduates 2022 the intending candidates must meet up to the under-listed criteria;
- The intending applicants must not be older than the age of 22. That is there are either 22 years old or younger.
- The applicants must also ensure that they are students currently undergoing their 2nd year of an undergraduate study program in any course at a reputable university in the world.
- Also, the fellowship program is measured to assist students from a low background family. That is students who are financially in need. Thus the intending applicants must be the first from their family to attend university and on a low-income scale
- The students applying should ensure that they have outstanding academic performance from their University.
- The intending applicants must have proven good leadership abilities through self-started initiatives or undertaken leadership positions on campus or in their community
- The applicants must have demonstrated resilience and persistence shown by overcoming hardship
- The applicants must have records of altruistic initiatives
- To make your application more competitive the candidates can also demonstrate strong charisma, ethics, global ambition, and altruism.
The students should demonstrate excellence in their professional endeavors
Intending applicants should show boundless zeal and ambition
The students should ensure they have a clear vision and strategy to achieve great success
Candidates Pledges After Acceptance:
When the students are fully accepted into the Fortis society, they will be asked to make a pledge and uphold them. Thus, the pledge is tagged the honor pledge goes below;
To uphold the morals and ideals of the Society
strive toward an increasingly higher level of influence
Will have reciprocal solidarity and oneness with all Members,
Will contribute to strengthening the Fortis Society
Lastly, pledge to create meaningful change that will affect the society
All the applicants are screened purely based on merit. This is based on their academic achievements and their demonstrated potential to become prominent global leaders in their fields. Also, in their history of proactively creating positive change. Hence, one has to visit the fellowship opportunity website to fill the form available there.
Afterward, applicants who pass the stringent first screening will be presented to the Fortis Society’s Cooptation Council. This is to be considered for cooptation to the Fortis Society. Candidates that are successfully co-opted are inducted into the Fortis Society. Below is an outline of the application process;
- Round One: In this phase, the applicants’ applications are thoroughly screened and considered. Thus, after the round students will be selected to continue on the second round.
- Round Two: In this round, the selected applicant will have an interview session with the Future Leader Foundation. But, not all will still make it after the interview.
- Round Three: At this stage, the cooptation council reviews and selects the finalists.
- Round Four: The cooptation council will finally select applicants deemed fit for the award and contact them thereafter.
The application for the Fortis fellowship program is currently on and will end by March 26, 2022. So intending applicants should hurry up with their application process.
For further details on the fellowship program and to access the online form, the students are advised to visit the scholarship webpage;
Visit the Scholarship Webpage
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.