This year, Rotary is awarding up to 130 fully-funded Rotary Peace fellowships Program 2022 for dedicated leaders from around the world to study at one of their peace centers.
Through academic training, practice, and global networking opportunities, the Rotary Peace Centers program develops the capacity of peace and development professionals or practitioners to become experienced and effective catalysts for peace.
Since the program began in 2002, the Rotary Peace Centers have trained more than 1,300 fellows who now work in more than 115 countries. Many serve as leaders in governments, NGOs, the military, education, law enforcement, and international organizations like the United Nations and the World Bank.
The Rotary Peace Fellowship Program 2022 covers tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation, and all internship and field-study expenses.
Overview of Rotary Peace Fellowship Program 2022
Each year, The Rotary Foundation awards up to 50 fellowships for master’s degrees and 50 for certificate studies at premier universities.
- Master’s degree programs: Accepted candidates study peace and development issues with research-informed teaching and a diverse student body. The program lasts 15 to 24 months and includes a 2-3 month field study, which participants design themselves.
- Professional development certificate program: During the one-year program, experienced peace and development professionals with diverse backgrounds gain practical skills to promote peace within their communities and across the globe. Fellows complete field studies and they also design and carry out a social change initiative.
All applicants must
- Have a bachelor’s degree
- Be proficient in English
- Have a strong commitment to cross-cultural understanding and peace as shown through professional and academic achievements and personal or community service
- Master’s degree candidates must also:
- Show potential for leadership
- Have at least three years of full-time experience in peace or development work
- Certificate candidates must also:
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Be able to explain how their plan to promote peace aligns with Rotary’s mission
- Candidates for Makerere University: Either be from the region or currently working in the region
Method of Application:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
Candidates have until May 3, 2022, to submit applications to their district. Districts must submit endorsed applications to The Rotary Foundation by July 1, 2022. Learn more about the endorsement process.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.