Students living with disabilities but want to further their studies in a computer science program can apply for the Google lime scholarship 2021-2022
Having a disability and being a student at the same time can be a herculean task. That is why the Google lime scholarship was specially founded to help students living with one form of disability or the other.
Google’s education and scholarship programs aim to inspire and help students become future leaders in computing and technology by breaking down the barriers that prevent them from entering these fields and studying.
In this post, you’ll learn a lot about the the Google Lime scholarship program, scholarship worth, eligibility requirements, scholarship deadline and how to apply for the Google lime scholarship this 2021-2022
The Google Lime scholarship program 2021-2023
Lime Connect is a nonprofit organization that supports students with disabilities while they pursue education and promising careers. Google is proud to support the work of Lime Connect since 2008 so it partnered with Lime Connect to help university students with disabilities work toward their academic goals in the field of computer science. This will help university students with disabilities work toward their academic goals in the field of computer science.
Google and Lime Connect are committed to helping the innovators of the future make the most of their talents by providing scholarships and networking retreats for computer science students with disabilities
The Google Lime scholarship program is open to undergraduate or graduate students living with disabilities and who also have the plan to enroll as a full-time student at a university in the United States or Canada for the 2021-2022 cademic year.
Selected students will receive 10,000 USD (for those studying in the US) or 5,000 CAD (for those studying in Canada) for the 2021-2022 school year.
Also, they will be invited to attend the Google Scholars’ Retreat in the summer of 2021.
Furthermore, candidates will also be considered for software engineering internship opportunities with Google.
READ ALSO: Cost of Studying Medicine in Turkey
To apply for the Google Lime Scholarship you must meet the following requirements. Hence, the applicant must be:
- a current undergraduate, graduate or Ph.D. student enrolled at a university in the U.S. or Canada
- Continuing current studies or intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a new program (e.g., graduating and pursuing an advanced degree) at a university in the U.S. or Canada in the 2021-2022 academic year
- Pursuing a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree, or a degree in a closely related technical field (such as software engineering; or electrical engineering with a heavy computer science course load)
- Maintaining a strong academic performance
- A student with a visible or invisible disability (defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term, or recurring, issue that impacts one or more major activities that others may consider to be a daily function); this definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists. We know that 90% of disabilities on campus are invisible, and candidates with all disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a commitment to and passion for computer science and technology
- B. Previous Google Lime Scholars are unfortunately not able to be considered.
Level/Field of Study
Computer Science or computer related degree in Undergraduate, Masters and Phd level.
Any citizen enrolled to study in the U.S/Canada.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
How To Apply For Google Lime Scholarship
To apply for the Google lime scholarship, follow the steps below
- To begin your application, firstly, visit the official website.
- log in or join the Lime Network and start your application
- submit the required documents along with your completed application form- where you fill your education, contact and experience information.
These documents are very important and if any of them are missing, your scholarship application will be in jeopardy:
- Current resume & unofficial transcripts
- Four essays – this is your opportunity to show us your passion for computer science
- One letter of recommendation from professors, advisers or supervisors (names and email addresses of references must be entered by the application deadline – letters of recommendation themselves are due one week later)
Scholarship 2021 Deadline
The application for Google Lime scholarship will end on December 5th annually.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is Google Lime Scholarship worth?
The Google Lime Scholarship is worth $10,000 for U.S students and 5000CAD for Canadian students.
Who can apply for this Scholarship?
It is only open to U.S/Canadian students
Can a high school student apply for this Scholarship?
The Google Lime Scholarship is not open to high school students.
Can I apply for a Google Lime Scholarship?
Only disabled students studying tech related courses in U.S/Canadian universities are eligible
When is Google Lime Scholarship 2021 Deadline
The application for the Google Lime Scholarship will end on 5th December 2021.
This scholarship is specifically for students with disabilities who want to study any computer-related course in the U.S or Canada. The Google Lime scholarship 2021 goes a long way in helping disabled students achieve further and complete thief studies.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.