Pakistani Masters and Ph.D. Students can apply for the HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2023 to further their education in the UK.
Commonwealth Scholarships are fully Funded Scholarships for Students within the Commonwealth countries/region.
However, the HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2023 for Pakistani Bs, Ms. Ph.D. Students aim to contribute to the development needs of Commonwealth countries by providing training for skilled and qualified professionals and academics and to contribute to UK higher education and foreign policy aims by encouraging collaboration and links.
In this post, we’ve detailed everything you need to know about the HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2023, level/Field of Study, host nationality, eligible Nationalities, scholarship worth, eligibility, deadline, and how to Apply for the HEC Commonwealth Scholarship.
HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2023
The HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2023 are funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), Commonwealth Masters and Ph.D. scholarships allow talented and motivated individuals to gain advanced knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford their studies in the UK.
The duration of the scholarship program is valid for one year for Master & three years for Ph.D. starting from fall 2023.
This Commonwealth Scholarship is for applicants from middle and low-class Commonwealth states, for full-time master’s and doctoral study (Ph.D.) at a UK University.
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom (CSC) manages Britain’s contribution to the CSFP.
The CSC supports around 700 awards annually. Awards are funded by the Department for International Development, the Department for Business, Innovation, and Skills, and the Scottish Government, in conjunction with UK universities.
Level/Field of Study
HEC Commonwealth Scholarships are basically for master’s degree students and Ph.D. students wishing to pursue a degree in the disciplines mentioned below at any University in the UK. The Disciplines include:
- Science and technologies to growth
- Strengthening health systems and ability
- Improving Worldwide wealth
- Strengthening International peace, governance, and security
- Strengthening durability and response to crises
- accessibility, addition, and change
- Host Nationality
- Commonwealth Scholarship Programme is hosted by the United Kingdom (UK)
The available countries Eligible for Commonwealth scholarship are commonwealth countries
The Scholarship will cover the following:
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependants, nor usually the cost of journeys made before your award is finally confirmed).
- They approved tuition fees.
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,084 per month or £1,330, for those at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2022/2023 levels).
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable.
- Study travel grants towards the cost of study-related travel within the UK or Overseas.
- Provision towards the cost of fieldwork undertaken overseas (usually the cost of one economy class return airfare to your fieldwork location) was approved.
- Paid mid-term visit (airfare) to your home country (unless you have claimed or (intend to claim) spouse and/or child allowances during your scholarships, or have received a return airfare to your home country for fieldwork).
- Family allowances are as follows:
- Spouse allowance of £233 per month if you and your spouse are living together at the same address in the UK (unless your spouse is also in receipt of a scholarship; other conditions also apply) Child allowance of £233 per month for the first child, and £114 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your spouse and children and they are living with you at the same address in the UK.
- If you are widowed, divorced, or a single parent, a child allowance of £465 per month for the first child, and £114 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your children and they are living with you at the same address in the UK.
- The CSC’s family allowances are intended to only contribute towards the cost of maintaining your family in the UK. The true costs are likely to be considerably higher, and you must be able to supplement these allowances to support any family members who come to the UK with you.
Duration of the Program
The whole period of this scholarship program is valid for one year for Master’s and three years for Ph.D. beginning with Fall 2021.`
HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2023 Eligibility
The admission is available under the Commonwealth scholarship in the UK for 2021. Standard eligibility conditions are as follows;
Be described as a Pakistani/AJK domestic & permanent resident of Pakistan/AJK.
Age shouldn’t be significantly more than 30 years for Masters and 35 years for Ph.D. during application.
Be accessible to begin your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2021
For the Master’s Scholarship, the candidate at the final date of application must hold a first-class degree complete in every aspect of graduate qualification (16 years degree i.e. MSC/MA/MBA/BS/BBA and so forth ) from the appropriate field of study.
For a Ph.D. scholarship, candidates by the final date of application must hold a first-class degree complete in every aspect of postgraduate qualification (17/18 years MS/MPhil degree ) from the appropriate field of study.
Not having any third division throughout your academic career and a maximum of two-second divisions are allowed but the candidate must not have a second division in the terminal/ last degree.
Must apply under one of the themes mentioned above and on the CSC website and the candidate’s field of study must be in line with the future development needs of Pakistan.
NOT be registered for a Ph.D., or an MPhil leading to a Ph.D., or Masters at a UK university before September/October 2021 or candidate not having studied at the same level in the UK before.
Be financially unable to afford to study in the United Kingdom without this scholarship.
How to Apply for HEC Commonwealth Scholarship
Apply online at the HEC website: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa. After registering and filling out your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad” under the “Scholarship and Grant” menu in the left-hand side panel of the online portal. After that, apply online to the Commonwealth Scholarship through the Electronic Application System (EAS). at:http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/eas/applicants/phd-scholarships-low-middle-income-countries/
Upload deposit slip of Rs.500/- (in original) deposited through HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 in HBL, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, H-9, Islamabad. All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd.
All the applications for Masters/ Ph.D. without submitting both the EAS Application form and online HEC form will not be entertained in any case.
Save your HEC online application & Commonwealth online application after a successful submission to relevant portals.
Hardcopies of the HEC application form (along with deposit slip, relevant academic documents viz. transcripts, equivalence for a foreign degree, statement of purpose, study/research plan, copies of CNIC) & Commonwealth scholarship forms will be taken from shortlisted candidates only.
More about HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2023
HEC might conduct a test/interview or both if possible to shortlist candidates.
Commonwealth UK will not accept direct applications. All of the nominations from Pakistan will be routed via HEC.
HEC supports equal chances; for that reason, females are encouraged to apply.
HEC will short-list eligible applicants based on selection criteria i.e. highest academic merit, quality of study/research plan, and significance of candidate selected field together with Pakistan’s future development needs, provincial/regional quota as well as the number of scholarship slots allocated to Pakistani students.
By-hand applications, incomplete applications, or applications received after the deadline won’t be accepted. The recommendation of nominating agency i.e. HEC is likely to soon be binding and final.
It is the sole responsibility of applicants to ensure that they apply to the HEC Online system and EAS Online application form simultaneously before the deadline of 12th December 2021, as applications submitted after the deadline shall NOT be entertained in any case.
Do not send your hard copies of applications at this stage. The deadline for submission of the HEC online application is September 30.
Interested and qualified candidates for Hec Commonwealth Scholarships should click on the Commonwealth Scholarship Application Portal to apply
For further details relevant to Commonwealth Scholarships 2020 & applying online, please visit the below-mentioned links:
Learning Opportunities Abroad (LOA) Scholarship Cell
HRD Division, Higher Education Commission
Sector H-8/1, Islamabad.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.