Hunter College’s acceptance rate and how to get in easily is the first thing to consider before applying to Hunter College. Take a breath and grab your pen to jot some things down.
In respect of the standard of education provided, the comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs available, and alumni productivity achievements, Hunter College is one of the school’s top-ranked, inexpensive, and innovative schools.
Confirming the existence of 150+ organizations founded and directed by students, Hunter college provides an excellent environment for students to develop their abilities, leadership skills, and personalities.
Hunter College welcomes overseas students from all over the world every year because of its exceptional reputation, outstanding educational environment, and the existence of an intercultural connection.
I believe you want to be part of this great institution. This article will guide you through all the information you need to know about Hunter college, acceptance rate, admissions requirement, GPA/SAT/ACT requirement, Hunter college scholarships, Housing and residence, programs at Hunter College, and all other information. Keep scrolling.
About Hunter College
Hunter College, a public university, has a population of 22,918 students, with a 4.9 percent foreign enrollment.
At Hunter college, there are Over 70 Bachelor of Arts options. Hunter College also has over 70 Bachelor of Science degree options. 10 BA-MA dual degree programs and 75 graduate studies are available at Hunter College.
The college’s acceptance rate of 35.2 percent indicates that it has a competitive admissions procedure. Despite the arduous competition, Hunter College obtains a large number of applications each year, which has increased by 8.77 percent in current years. ELP test scores are required for those registering The EPL test score for TOEFL score for Hunter college is 80. Hunter college accepts an EPL test score of 6.5 in IELTS.
Hunter College admits students based on deadlines, with the Fall due dates running from February 1 to January 15. For UG standardized assessments, the college has developed a test entirely voluntary policy. The SAT score range received for the prior class was 1150-1350.
Apart from obvious intelligence, exceptional personality, leadership qualities, volunteer work initiatives, and domination in extracurricular activities all play a role in determining a student’s acceptance chances. Tuition expenses for an overseas student applying for enrollment in the college will cost roughly 17,295 USD.
Hunter college Acceptance Rate
Hunter’s acceptance rate is 40.5 percent, which places it 21st in New York for the least acceptance rate.
Hunter is a quite challenging college to get into, with such a high possibility of acceptance for qualified candidates. Last year, 13,072 among 32,294 candidates were acknowledged, making it a quite challenging college to get into.
The institution maintains extremely rigorous SAT and ACT admissions standards, often enrolling candidates who earn in the upper 26% of their class.
CUNY Hunter College normally admits and excites “B+” average secondary school candidates with a 3.46 aggregate GPA, having 20% of students enrolled choosing to attend.
May also like to read UW Madison Acceptance Rate and How to Get in Easily
Hunter College SAT Requirement
Candidates to CUNY Hunter College are frequently in the upper 29% of SAT standardized tests.
The institution frequently accepts SAT aggregate scores as low as 1170 on a 1600 range, indicating that enrollment is a stretch.
We believe that some candidates with SAT scores as minimal as 1080 will be enrolled. The actual SAT aggregate for enrolled freshmen is anticipated to be 1260 out of 1600.
The college has the best overall SAT aggregate performance in New York, ranking #25. Because 88 % of candidates present SAT scores to the college, a high SAT score is essential.
Hunter College ACT Requirement
According to admissions data, Hunter welcomes candidates with ACT scores of 25 and higher regularly.
ACT scores in the upper 22% of the country are frequently sent by eligible candidates. In some cases, we predict that the college will accept minimal ACT composite scores of roughly 22.
Individuals who send an ACT aggregate of 28 or higher will be in the top half of candidates, and individuals who provide a 31 or greater have a very better possibility.
The college has the best overall ACT composite result in New York, ranking #24. CUNY Hunter College receives 0 % of candidates’ ACT scores.
Hunter College GPA Requirement
The enrolled freshmen cohort at CUNY Hunter College had a typical secondary school GPA of 3.46 on a 4.0 scale, demonstrating that mostly B+ candidates are enrolled and eventually enroll.
The college has the 51st best average GPA in New York. Even if you have a strong GPA, getting into Hunter will be difficult because the school rejects more applications than it accepts.
Hunter College Rankings
The following are a few of the most prominent Hunter College rankings for the academic year 2021-22:
- According to US News and World Report 2021, Hunter College was ranked #17 in Regional Universities North, #7 in Best Colleges for Veterans, #16 in Best Undergraduate Teaching, #67 in Best Value Schools, #3 in Top Performers on Social Mobility, and #5 in Top Public Schools.
- However, according to Times Higher Education’s US Rankings 2021, Hunter College was ranked #276.
- Princeton Review has ranked Hunter college among the best 384 colleges, best northeastern, colleges that build the world, colleges that help you enhance, top public institutions, and top sustainable colleges.
- Hunter College was ranked #18 in America’s Most Liberal Colleges, #55 in America’s Best Hispanic Serving Institutions, and #87 in America’s Best Anthropology and Sociology Colleges according to US News.
. In addition to the aforementioned rankings, Hunter College was ranked #66 in Best Nursing Schools: Master’s, #23 in Best Fine Arts Programs, #31 in Public Health, and #25 in Social Work in 2021 according to US News.
Hunter College Campus and Accommodation
The college has three distinct campuses. On each of the three campuses, there are educational and management offices, meal halls, coffee shops, a gym, visitor’s centers, student centers, library services, and apartment homes.
The following are some of the other campus amenities available to Hunter College students:
- Educational clubs, awareness and volunteerism, research, religious groups, and fraternities and sororities are among the 12 categories of student associations on Hunter Campus, supporting the interests of all students.
- In terms of athletics, Hunter college is quite active, with major players, sporting events, wellness and leisure centers, and the Green and Yellow Spirit Brigade applauding the teams
- .Undergraduate Student Government and Graduate Student Association are two student governments at Hunter College that empowers the student body and foster multicultural cooperation.
- On-campus meals and canteens with a range of cuisines are provided. Because of the competence involved in their preparation, the dishes are produced in a healthy manner and to the tastes of all individuals.
- Students at Hunter College can attend psychotherapy sessions at any time during the day. Individuals can seek out general counsel or disclose anything that is bothering them psychologically.
- When it comes to security awareness, the college campus is very vigilant. The principal sources of security include CCTVs and monitoring, with a hotline number listed on the school’s website.
Hunter College housing/Residence
All three Hunter College campuses offer residential accommodation, and individuals who live on campus enjoy the benefit of embracing a neighborhood living with their peers.
On-campus student accommodation in the United States is accessible in single or shared rooms with nearly all amenities.
There are individual and dual rental rooms available at the 92nd Avenue Y. The bedrooms have air conditioning and other conveniences.
97th Street features rooms for dual and triple sharing, as well as all of the necessary conveniences and services.
Programs at Hunter College
Over 80 programs are offered through UG at Hunter College, which is divided into 53 disciplines and 21 general areas of specialization. Hunter College also has 75 graduate studies and 10 BA-MA joint bachelor’s studies.
Furthermore, accelerated degrees are also available at Hunter College. Hunter College also offers advanced diploma courses
The major in human services is conducted in association with Baruch College, while the JD in urban development is conducted in cooperation with Brooklyn Law School. Pre-professional studies are available in over 7 fields at the college.
Hunter College International Admission Process
International candidates who intend to enroll in Hunter College must submit all required credentials, which include:
High school transcripts, assessments, English proficiency standardized test results, bank records, medical information, and healthcare insurance for one school year. It’s important to remember the following details.
- The CUNY application portal is a place where you can submit your application.
- Fees are $65 for undergraduate studies and $75 for graduate studies.
Hunter College Admissions Requirements
The following are the fundamental entry criteria for undergraduate and graduate studies.
- Fill out the registration form completely and submit it for USD 65.
- Transcripts from secondary school. If it’s not written in English, you are required to send it together with English translations.
- An average GPA of 3.5 or above is required.
- Candidates are required to submit test results for English proficiency. TOEFL PBT, IELTS, TOEFL CBT, TOEFL iBT are all acceptable.
- Candidates are required to submit their academic reports offer with a detailed explanation regarding the scoring system.
- Leadership and intellectual curiosity must be displayed by students.
- Candidates must submit their Financial documents reports such as a candidate’s bank statements. If you are on sponsorship or funding, you are to submit your sponsor’s financial affidavit.
- A personalized college essay about objectives and aspirations or a candidate’s Statement of Purpose
- Medical records provide information on the candidate’s health.
- Health insurance is a need.
- For freshmen, standardized assessment results are not necessary, although they can be submitted if ELP results are available. The SAT score range for master’s students is generally between 1150 and 1350. Hunter College also accepts GRE/GMAT exam results that are needed for specific courses.
- recommendation letters
- A curriculum vitae (CV) or resume is optional.
Don’t forget: After completing the CUNY registration, prospective candidates should visit the individual web pages for extra criteria or requirements. For instance, candidates who applied for music-related courses, and 3+4 combined optometry degrees are required to submit other admissions requirements.
Hunter College Scholarships
Hunter College is well-known for meeting the needs of both local and foreign students in terms of financial aid and scholarships.
The college provides financial aid to around 82 percent of students, with the aggregate need-based award valued at $8,892.
In addition, the merit-based scholarship is worth roughly 3,505 USD. Furthermore, the following are a few of the top famous scholarships for foreign candidates to enroll in the United States:
- Undergraduate and graduate foreign candidates who are eager to educate their native dialect in American institutions are eligible for an Amity Institute award. Interested candidates must be between the ages of 20 and 30, single, and seeking American study programs such as English language or literature. Fees, housing costs, and a stipend are all included in the award value.
- Graduate students with CUNY undergraduate degrees are eligible for the CUNY cap. This will necessitate the use of a different application. Scholarships worth $2500 annually are available from the Charles and Lucille King Family Organization for movies and broadcasting studies.
- The Tylenol Scholarship, worth $1,000 to $10,000, is for students who demonstrate exceptional leadership capabilities in the wellness field.
- The American Speech-Language-Hearing Foundation award, worth 2,000 dollars, is for master’s degree students studying speech disorders, speech therapy, or anesthesiology.
Students who are enrolled in normal academic programs are qualified for on-campus jobs and can operate up to 20 hours per week. During holidays, meanwhile, they are permitted to labor for more than 20 hours. They get compensated regularly.
One of the greatest master’s degree courses in the country is at Hunter College. Hunter College offers the best undergraduate programs as It sits next to the country’s biggest and most varied educational sector. The educational level is influenced by research that takes place in the city, and learning is aided by a group of enthusiastic, courteous, and dedicated professors. You will have a great time at Hunter, both in terms of connection and academic excellence.
Good luck as you make your choice.
In the latest college rankings issued by U.S. News & World Report and the Princeton Review, Hunter has cemented its status as one of the top public schools in the country. In the U.S. News rankings, Hunter College placed 18th in the Regional Universities-North category.
Is your high school GPA good enough for Hunter? The average high school GPA for admitted students at Hunter is 3.43 on a 4.0 scale. (You can calculate your high school GPA here.) This is a solid GPA, and Hunter is competing for quality students who have done well in high school.
CUNY–Hunter College admissions are more selective with an acceptance rate of 40%. The application deadline is March 15 and the application fee at CUNY–Hunter College is $65.
Today, Hunter College is a comprehensive teaching and research institution. Of the more than 20,000 students enrolled at Hunter, nearly 5,000 are enrolled in a graduate program, the most popular of which are education and social work
Hunter College hosts diverse student clubs on campus that represent a wide variety of interests. From organizations such as the Accounting Society to the Epsilon Sigma Phi Sorority, you can meet up with students who share common interests by joining existing clubs or starting a new one.
- Collegedunia – Hunter College: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of learning
- CollegeSimply – Hunter college overview, Acceptance Rate, GPA/SAT/ACT Requirement, ranking, and tuition fees
- Hunter college – About, Admission, Academics, Students’ life
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.