Applications for the Ireland government scholarship are now open for international students to avail themselves of the opportunity to study for free in Ireland Universities.
The Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships Programme 2022-2023, also known as the Irish scholarship program is targeted at international students and offers bachelor, master, and doctoral level programs in their Irish Universities to all international students each year.
Read on to know more about the Irish scholarship program, the features of the Ireland government scholarship 2021, benefits, who can apply, available fields and majors, eligibility criteria, how to apply, and the application deadline.
READ ALSO: Turkey Government Scholarships 2021 [Fully Funded]
About the Irish Scholarship Program
The Higher Education Authority (HEA) has announced the Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships Programme which will provide 60 scholarships. The Ireland Government Scholarship is an interesting and Competitive Scholarship Program.
The offer is open to international students or students from non-EU/EEA countries and is applicable to all fields of study. Successful candidates who are from outside European Countries will study full-time in Ireland.
Courses will be conducted in English and classes will begin on 1st September 2021. All expenses will be covered by the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme and by the Department of Further and Higher Education. Being a competitive Scholarship Program, students of any nationality from around the world can apply for the Irish Scholarship.
All-Academic Fields & Disciplines are available & Approved. The Duration is the One Year Taught Undergraduate Program, Master Program, One Year Research Program or 3-4 Year PhD. Programme.
A total of 60 scholarships will be funded by the Government of Ireland through the International Education Scholarships for the academic year 2021/2022. Every year, the Council typically makes an investment in 280 new postgraduate scholarships in Ireland. Since 2019, there has been a total of 1,193 Postgraduate Scholars, and over 5,000 individual scholarships for excellent research awarded to date. Below are the benefits of studying in Ireland.Features of the Irish Government Scholarship.
Why study in Ireland?
Studying for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree abroad comes with a number of benefits. It develops you as an individual, helps you gain a high standard of education, and boosts your employability. Below are 5 reasons you should study in Ireland:
According to the IMD World Competitiveness Ranking 2019, Ireland is ranked in the top 10 for education. It has one of the best education systems in the world; with world-class universities, numerous degree options, and globally recognized qualifications.
Due to its appeal to multinational businesses, there are many great career opportunities in Ireland for international graduates. These include well-known companies such as Skype, eBay, and Microsoft. Most universities, including UCD, offer internship opportunities to international students. These internships are a great way for students to gain real experience in the workplace that can prove invaluable when searching for a job.
Post-study work visa opportunities
For post-study work, Ireland is the only English-speaking country in Europe that offers post-study work visas to international graduates. This makes it an attractive destination to start your career. Full-time employment after studying in Ireland makes you eligible to apply for residence. In 2017, over 13,500 first residence permits were issued to higher education students (European Migration Network).
Discover Irish culture
Irish people are hospitable and patriotic. They are also proud of their country, traditions, and culture. As an international student, you’ll get to listen to traditional Irish music, experience the feast day of Ireland’s Patron Saint with Saint Patrick’s Day, watch Irish dancing, get to know many Irish myths and legends, and take part in Irish sports such as Gaelic football.
Studying in Ireland opens opportunities to gain a wealth of career-enhancing skills and experiences that will help you become more employable. These key transferable skills can be taken to any job such as project management, language, and communication. You’ll be able to make global connections and become more confident – which are qualities things valued by employers around the world.
A mix of city life and nature
In Ireland, major cities are smaller than other European capitals and yet offer everything (from shops and restaurants to entertainment and transport). These cities have unique histories and are vibrant. You’ll also find various famous natural beauty destinations in Ireland such as the Cliffs of Moher (which you might recognize from Harry Potter), the natural landscapes around Ireland, and the Ring of Kerry to Brow Head and Dingle.
Perfect travel location
In Ireland, travel opportunities are vast. The UK is within easy reach and the west coast of Europe is a few hours away by plane. North and South America sit just across the Atlantic.
Features of Ireland Government Scholarship 2021
- Country: Ireland
- Funded by: Government of Ireland
- Course Level: Undergraduate, Master, MPhil, Doctorate
- No. of Scholarships: 60
- Deadline: 26th March 2021
Financial Coverage (Value of the Scholarship)
The Ireland Government Scholarships for International Students will cover the following expenses of the Participants given below. Students who are successful will receive:
- A €10,000 stipend for one year’s study
- A full fee waiver of all tuition and other registration costs at the higher education institution.
Benefits for students: The Irish scholarship program must be regarded as value-adding and highly desirable to individuals’ subsequent lives and careers. In view of this, the scholarships will be awarded:
- to high caliber higher education students from non-EU/EEA countries;
- to study in Ireland for a period of one year
Benefits for the Higher Education sector
The government of Ireland scholarship program reflects Ireland’s commitment to excellence in the provision of higher education for both international and domestic students:
- The scholarships will highlight Ireland’s strengths as a center of international education;
- It will globally promote links with target markets;
- It will strengthen the internationalization strategies of HEIs especially in the context of the system performance framework.
Who can apply?
Note: The Scholarship Period is Only 1 Year
- One year of Master’s Degree Programme
- One year of a Research Programme (i.e. one year of a 2-year Research Masters
- 3-4-year Ph.D. Program
- The final year of an Undergraduate Programme
Available Fields & Majors
The Irish Research Council Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme aims to support students who intend to pursue full-Time Degree Masters or Doctorate in Any Discipline.
- Social Science
How to apply for the Ireland Government Scholarship?
Applicants will need to apply for admission to a relevant Bachelor, Master, or Ph.D. program offered by an eligible Higher Education Institution in Ireland as per HEI’s admission procedures. A conditional or final offer of admission to the HEI at the time of application is required of any applicant and he/she will be required to submit a copy of it. If an applicant receives more than one offer, each course offers may be submitted with separate applications. Final offers will be subject to admission to the relevant HEI. Prior to the submission of an application to the HEA, applicants should inquire directly from the relevant institution.
On behalf of the Department of Education and Skills, the Ireland Scholarship scheme is managed by the Higher Education Authority (HEA). The HEA will follow a competitive process based on an annual call for proposals from individual applicants and will approve a defined number of scholarships under the scheme to successful applicants.
Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships (GOI-IES) will be awarded to high-caliber students from non-EU/EEA countries. The duration of study is full-time for a period of one year. The terms and conditions that will apply are:
A scholarship fund will be awarded to the student (through the HEI that the student is attending). The scholarship amounts to €10,000 for one study year. This fund is expected to cover student costs and living expenses. The scholarship may be for:
- The final year of an undergraduate program;
- One year of a taught master’s degree program or;
- One year of a research program (i.e. one year of 2-year research masters or a 3-4-year Ph.D. program).
- The scholarship stipend will be transferred to the host higher education institution (HEI) of the successful student and forwarded by that HEI to the scholar in two payments of €5,000.
- The HEI will be required to give a FULL fee waiver to the student for the scholarship year (i.e. tuition fee and registration charge are waived). This is the minimum matching funding requirement that institutions will be
required to make it to the scholarship scheme.
- It is expected that a total of 60 scholarships will be funded by the Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships for the academic year 2022/2023.
- Applicants must have a domiciliary of origin1 not equal to the EU/EEA or Switzerland
- Scholarships may be approved for study across all disciplines, subject to the availability of places.
- Due to the very large number of Ireland Scholarship applications, it will not be possible to give feedback to unsuccessful candidates.
- All International Students from Outside EU Countries.
- Must be able to commence studies in September/October 2021.
- Possess excellence (academically, personally, professionally, creatively)
- Have excellent communication skills
- Extracurricular activities (for example humanitarian work; politics local, national, international; arts; sports).
Opening and Closing dates of Ireland Government Scholarship
Applications for the Ireland government scholarship are through the centralized application system which is now available online and will be accepting applications.
- The closing date The last date to apply for the Ireland Government Scholarship 2021 is 26th March 2021. The Selected Students will be Notified about the Results by 1 June 2021
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.