International students seeking to study in Mexico can now apply for the Mexican Government Scholarships for International Students 2022.
The scholarship from the Mexican government is for international students and is available across all levels of study – bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degrees in Mexico.
Applications are sent to the Mexican Government from eligible international students annually.
Read on as this article discusses the Mexican government scholarships for international students, eligibility criteria, how to apply to become a beneficiary, and the benefits of winning the scholarship.
Why Mexican Government Scholarships for International Students?
Mexican cultural diplomacy has worked in different successful programs, such as research work performed in different areas of knowledge and human capital training through scholarships for academic degrees awarding.
Therefore, the Mexican Government Scholarships have two programs: the Special Program Scholarship and the University Study Scholarship. Mexico Scholarships 2021 are offered for full specialization, master’s or doctoral programs, and postdocs as well as academic mobility for undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
In addition, there are also special program scholarships for short-term fellows for Mexican researchers, media workers, visiting professors, art scholarships, etc.
About Mexican Government Scholarships for International Students 2022-2023
Mexico is known as one of the countries in the southern portion of North America that offers quality education. So studying at any of the Mexican best universities is quite interesting. The Mexican Government scholarship offers a unique opportunity if you are passionate about getting a degree from any of the Mexican Universities
Who Sponsors the Mexican Government Scholarships Scholarship?
These Scholarships for International Students are sponsored by the Mexican Government. The Federal government of Mexico is the national government of the United Mexican States. It was established by the constitution of the central government to share sovereignty over the republic with the governments.
Basically, Mexican cultural diplomacy has been involved in several successful programs for decades. This includes the exploration of various areas of knowledge and education of human capital through scholarships.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs scholarship program is managed by the Directorate-General for Educational and Cultural Cooperation designs through the University Exchange Service.
Related Article: Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) 2022-2023
What is Mexico Scholarship Worth?
The Mexican Government Scholarships for International Students has so many benefits for students. Below are some of them:
- A stipend of 4 (four) times the value of the unit of Measure and Actualization (UMA) for Undergraduate mobility scholarships, Specializations, Master’s degrees or Masters-level research, Spanish language, or Mexican culture courses.
- Monthly stipend of 5 (five) times the value of the Unit of Measure and Actualization (UMA) for Doctoral programs and Research periods, Postdoctoral fellowships, and medical specialties and subspecialties.
- Monthly stipends are not divisible or partial. The Scholarships will be paid at the end of each month.
- Registration fees and tuition, as established by the program at each institution, are subject to the final decision of the participating HEI, established in the letter of acceptance.
- Health insurance from the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS), starting the third month of the scholarship. The Scholarship recipient must have health insurance that covers both major and minor medical expenses and provides international coverage for the first three months in Mexico.
- The cost of the temporary resident/student visa issuance, for stays longer than 180 days.
- Depending on the reciprocity with the partner country, will be included a round-trip international airfare at the beginning and/or satisfactory term of the scholarship. The air ticket will be purchased in economy class and will be considered the most convenient flight route for the Academic Exchange Office.
- Should the recipient of the scholarship is pursuing studies outside Mexico City, transportation from Mexico City to the host institution and back will be provided, at the start and end of his/her academic activities.
What is the duration of the Scholarship?
Below is the academic duration of the Mexican Scholarship:
- Academic mobility programs for students and doctoral students – one academic semester (quarter, quarter, or semester)
- Scholarships and Postdocs – 12 months (at least 1 month)
- Specialization -1 year
- Master – 2 years
- Doctorate- 3 years
- Specialties and medicinal specialties 3 years
Note, Several numbers of these scholarships are offered annually.
Who is Eligible for the Mexican Government Scholarship?
Mexican Government scholarships for international students in 2022 are awarded for academic achievements.
- Scholarships are offered for full specialization, master’s or doctoral programs, and postdocs. The offer also includes scientific mobility for undergraduate and graduate courses. On the other hand scholarships for special programs are offered.
- Applicants cannot live in Mexico at the time of application.
- Except in special cases, scholarships cannot begin in November or December.
- Requests for information and all scholarship applications must be submitted to the Mexican Embassy or to simultaneous embassies of the Applicant’s country or to the designated Mexican institution. Only applications that meet all requirements are considered.
- All documents and forms must be in Spanish or submitted with Spanish translations.
- Applicants will be informed of the results by the appropriate Mexican embassy or institution designated by Mexico.
Scholarships are not transferable and can not be transferred to subsequent years.
However, Mexican Scholarships cover bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, Honors, and postdoctoral fellowships programs, Including short-term fellowships. Scholarships are offered to study at all participating Mexican institutions, except
- Business Administration
- Plastic Surgery
- Marketing and Dentistry
- Odontology and Advertising.
The Mexico Scholarships are hosted by the Mexican Government and can be taken in Mexico.
How Do I Apply for Mexican Scholarship?
- Download the Mexican Scholarship application form from here
- Apply online at the website: After registering and filling out your profile, under the “Scholarship and Grant” menu in the left-hand side panel of the online portal, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad”. After submission of the application, get its printed copy to be signed & stamped by the employer (if employed already).
- Attach a deposit slip of Rs. 300/- (in original) through HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 in HBL, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, H-9, Islamabad (no other documents to be attached with the HEC application form except a deposit slip). All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd.
- Documents Details:
Send two sets of Mexican application forms along with the following documents:
- Statement of purpose explaining their interests in the study
- Attested copies of all Academic Degrees & Transcripts
- Letter of Recommendation
- Medical certificate
- Copies of all mandatory documents as mentioned in the Mexican application form
Mexico Scholarships for International Students 2022-2023 Application Deadline
Mexican Government scholarships for international students 2021 applications end on 28th September annually.
Important Notes: Candidates will be informed of the results by a designated Mexican institution or the corresponding Mexican embassy.
FAQs on Mexican Government Scholarships
The Mexican Government Scholarships application deadline is on the 28th of September.
Yes, this Mexico scholarship is for international students.
Countries such as the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, and Australia have attracted a substantial number of students from all over the world due to their great educational systems and post-study work opportunities.
Applicants must have been accepted into an on-site graduate program at any of the Mexican schools listed in the Programa Nacional de Posgrados de Calidad in order to be eligible for a scholarship (PNPC).
You can, indeed. As a citizen of the United States, all you have to do is apply for a student visa.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.