NECO has announced that its 2022 June/July SSCE results are now available. Candidates who sat for the examination can now confirm their results on the new NECO result checker online platform.
And there’s more good news!
The 2022 June/July Senior School Certificate Examination result stats showed that almost 74% of the 1,209,992 students examined scored five credits and above.
Meanwhile, since 2018, NECO discarded the use of scratch cards in online results checking, adopting a far more efficient fully digital system, instead. Just as WAEC has done.
So, result checking this year should be a breeze.
In this post, we’ve outlined a simple step-by-step guide you can follow to check your NECO results online in no time at all.
We recommend you check out How Long Does it Take to Become a Doctor?
A Little About NECO
The National Examination Council administers one of the most written exams in Nigeria. It is widely accepted by all Nigerian universities. NECO is written just before the end of your O’Level and as a requirement for admission into the university.
The council offers two exam seasons in Nigeria. The first, the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE), holds from June through July. The NECO SSCE is for students in the third year of their senior secondary school.
The second examination conducted by NECO is the external SSCE examination which comes up in November and December. This second examination is open to anyone interested and is considered the NECO equivalent of the GCE.
Yearly, millions of students register for these examinations either internally through their schools, externally on their own, or both.
Is NECO Result 2022 Out?
Yes, NECO Result 2022 is officially out on www.result.neco.gov.ng. Candidates can now check their results on the portal for the National Examination Council (NECO) online. We have made it very easy for you to check your result by yourself using your Reg number and NECO Token.
NECO has announced the release of the 2022 examination results candidates. All candidates have been instructed to login into the NECO portal, and check and print their results. You can do that immediately.
As the result is out from NECO, you should immediately check yours to see if you have passed the subject you sat for. Simply use the procedures we will provide to you in the next heading and you should be able to check your result from NECO.
How To Use the NECO Result Checker Online Platform
The only way you can check your NECO or any other examination results is online. For most examination bodies, results are no longer available to students in their schools or at the exam body’s offices. At least, not until much later in the year when the council releases the original exam certifications.
So, NECO has announced that all candidates must purchase an electronic token for the result checker from their online portal before they can have access to their results.
You can find all the information you’ll need, including news of the result release, on their official website.
But, when you’re ready to access your results, this is how to begin:
You’d also love List of Universities to study Abroad with WAEC in 2022
Step 1: How to purchase NECO Token Online.
A token is a digital e-pin and works just like a scratch card. NECO no longer uses scratch cards to check results, so you’ll need to buy a token instead to access your results on the Result Checker online platform.
Follow these steps to purchase a token:
1. Open a browser on your computer or phone, whichever way is convenient for you.
2. Proceed to visit the NECO website here.
3. Create an account on the online portal by filling out the form with the required information, including your full name, phone number, email address, and a secure password. Or proceed to log in if you have already created an account.
4. After successfully registering your account, click on “PURCHASE TOKEN” on your dashboard.
5. Enter the number of Tokens you wish to purchase and click on “PAY NOW.”
6. An invoice will be generated for you where you will be required to tick the box confirming your payment and then click on “PROCEED TO PAY.”
7. You’ll be redirected to a page to select your preferred payment option, fill in the required account details and proceed to “SUBMIT”.
8. Once payment is successful and confirmed, the platform will redirect you to your dashboard, where you can easily find your purchased token by clicking on “GO TO TOKEN.”
9. You are entitled to only one token as a candidate, but you can share it with your school, parent, or friend to view your results.
Your TOKEN is unique to you and cannot be used more than five times to view a candidate’s results.
Step 2: How to Check your NECO Results
NECO has improved its results checking system. This new result checker online platform was designed to allow candidates to check their results with ease. To begin, carefully follow the outlined easy steps below:
1. Visit the NECO website on your browser, using a desktop device preferably.
2. Click on ‘NECO Results’ and then click ‘Check Result!’. You will be redirected to the NECO results checking system to fill in the required details before you continue.
- Choose your exam year. i.e. the year you sat for your examination.
- Choose your exam type. i.e. SSCE Internal (JUN/JUL) or SSCE External (NOV/DEC)
3. Enter your Token number on the allocated column
4. Proceed to input your Registration Number on the right column
5. Go over your details to make sure they are correct.
6. Click on the button ‘CHECK RESULT’ to view your NECO results instantly.
If you have followed these steps correctly, your NECO result should appear on your browser page and be ready to print.
Ensure to also see JAMB Registration Portal 2022/2023 UTME/DE Registration, Fees and Schedule
If you encounter any challenges with the NECO result checker online portal or the above-listed steps are unclear, please visit any NECO office nearest to you and file a complaint.
FAQ NECO Result Checker
If you purchased a token and cannot locate it, click on “TOKENS” on your dashboard or “MY TOKENS” on the side menu. Doing that will take you to your purchased tokens, and they will be listed on the “UNUSED” tab.
No. The Token is unique and associated with your examination number; therefore, this makes it impossible to use for another candidate, except if they want to check your results.
You can only use your Token a maximum of 5 times, after which it becomes inactive.
You can only purchase your online results checking token on the NECO portal.
Yes! NECO has announced that the results of the 2020 Nov/Dec SSCE external examinations (SSCE-EXT) have been released. Candidates who sat for and are expecting the results of this exam can check it here.
We Also Recommend
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.