International students interested in studying at New York University have several New York University Scholarships 2022 to apply for.
This post focuses on everything you need to know about New York University, the admission process, tuition, courses, and scholarships available in 2022-2023. There are undergraduate and postgraduate New York University Scholarships for international students who wish to study at this institution.
New York University (also known as NYU ) is a private research university founded in 1831 by Albert Gallatin and located in New York City. Its one of the highly selective schools in New York, admitting 15% of more than 85,000 applicants in the fall of 2019, thereby making NYU the most applied-to private university in the U.S. It has an academic affiliation with AAU and NAICU. IN 2004, NYU was labeled as one of the “New Ivies”, and was ranked as America’s No. 1 dream school by the Princeton Review.
NYU is currently the largest independent research university in the United States, with degree-granting campuses in Abu Dhabi and Shanghai, as well as academic centers in Accra, Berlin, Buenos Aires, Florence, London, Los Angeles, Madrid, Paris, Prague, Sydney, Tel Aviv, and Washington, D.C. There are 25 schools, including 10 undergraduate schools and numerous graduate schools and it is the most applied to private universities in the US.
New York University NYU) enrolls more than 50,000 students and offers law, liberal arts, and business schools. U.S. News & World Report ranked NYU 36th among all national universities in the United States In 2017. It has numerous research efforts like founding the American Chemical Society and holding research partnerships with the Inception Institute of Artificial Intelligence and with major tech firms such as Twitter and IBM.
About New York University Admissions
There are several undergraduates, graduate, and professional degrees to suit a variety of academic, professional, and personal interests that prospective New york students can get admission. There is also an exceptional combination of New York university scholarships.
For international applicants applying to the New York City campus, there are a few things to bear in mind
If you are applying to NYU campuses in Abu Dhabi or Shanghai, click the link below to learn more about their specific requirements on the following pages:
International students are eligible for Admission to NYU if:
- you will have completed your country’s pre-university education (equivalent to U.S. 12th Grade) before arriving on campus for the fall semester
- You are completing an internationally-recognized equivalent, such as the IB Diploma; or
- You are applying from countries with school-leaving qualifications based on the British educational model, and will have completed the A-level equivalent (neither O-levels nor (I)GCSE results will be sufficient for admission); or
- You are currently enrolled in a foundation year program outside of the United States; or
- Your highest degree earned by the time you plan to enroll at NYU is either a certificate or diploma.
The New York university application process for undergraduate studies is the same for domestic or international students. prospective students can apply to NYU using one of these guides:
All students can apply to NYU using the Common Application.
At the NYU graduate level, each school has its own, separate admissions process, such as application requirements and deadlines.
- College of Dentistry
- Gallatin School of Individualized Study
- Graduate School of Arts and Science
- Leonard N. Stern School of Business
- NYU Shanghai
- Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service
- Rory Meyers College of Nursing
- School of Global Public Health
- School of Law
- School of Medicine
- School of Professional Studies
- Silver School of Social Work
- Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development
- Tandon School of Engineering
- Tisch School of the Arts
New York University offers undergraduate and graduate courses, as well as study abroad programs and summer sessions, and has also received many teaching awards since its founding in 1831.
17 schools within New York University offer undergraduate- and/or graduate-level degrees. Within these schools, there is a wide range of programs from which students can choose to focus their studies.
in total, NYU offers over 400 undergraduate- and graduate-level degree programs.
Below are NYU Tuition, Fees, and Expenses
- Undergraduate Students: General
- Undergraduate Students: Stern School of Business
- Undergraduate Students: Tisch School of the Arts
- Undergraduate Students: Tandon School of Engineering
- Undergraduate Students: Tandon School of Engineering – Spring Admission
- Undergraduate Students: Steinhardt School and Liberal Studies – Spring Admission
- Graduate Students
- College of Dentistry: Tuition, Fees, and Expenses
- Office of the Bursar: Tuition and Fee Rates
- Office of the Bursar: Payment Plans
New York University Scholarships
New York University is committed to using the vast majority of our scholarship funds to assist students whose families are unable to pay the full cost of an NYU education
Their scholarships and grants do not have to be repaid and NYU awards very few exclusively merit-based scholarships. and the scholarship packages take into account both financial need and academic merit.
#1. Merit-based Scholarships
International applicants to NYU are automatically considered for merit-based aid with the on-time submission of the admissions application.
#2. Undergraduate Scholarships
International and domestic applicants who make on-time submission of their admissions applications may qualify for NYU merit-based scholarships.
#3. Graduate Scholarships
NYU graduate schools offer scholarships for each separate academic year to graduate students.
READ ALSO: UK Students Visa: Step by Step Procedure
#4. September 11 Scholarships
New York University has established five scholarships in memory of the uniformed fire, police, and emergency workers who were killed in the September 11, 2001 tragedy at the World Trade Center to enable their dependent children to attend NYU.
They include :
- WACHTELL, LIPTON, ROSEN & KATZ SCHOLARSHIP
- HELEN AND MARTIN KIMMEL SCHOLARSHIP
- BARCLAYS 9/11/01 MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
- SOL AND MARGARET BERGER FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP
- 9/11/01 MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
Ensure to also read Oxford University Fully-Funded Scholarships for Developing Countries in UK, 2022
New York University falls among the top universities in the world and thus, one of the best schools to study any degree program.
While the school provides several scholarship opportunities for its students to help them study easily without worrying much about their finances. Hence, if you intend to attend NYU we recommend you apply for one of the financial aids provided by the school.
FAQs On New York University Scholarships
Yes, NYU can offer scholarships for non-U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents applying as first-year students. Students qualify for need-based assistance based on the information presented in their CSS Profile. You must submit the CSS Profile successfully by the deadline to be considered for scholarships.
We’ve listed several categories of scholarships NYU offers their students on this page above.
Most students admitted to NYU have an unweighted GPA of 3.7 or above, so you’ll need to have at least a 3.7 to be seriously evaluated. To meet the NYU GPA requirements, you’ll have to score primarily A’s and A-‘s on your high school courses.
Out of every 100 applications, NYU accepts 16 of them. With an acceptance rate of only 16.2%, NYU is extremely selective
We Also Recommend
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.