Prospective students seeking to apply to Northwestern University should get to know the Northwestern university acceptance rate in 2022.
Knowing the acceptance rate of Northwestern University in 2022 also requires you, as an applicant, to know about Northwestern University, tuition, student-faculty ratio, and graduation rate. All these will be considered in this article.
READ ALSO: Dew General Instant Win Game Contest
Northwestern University was established in 1853 and started with two faculty members and 10 students. Over the years, twenty-one presidents have presided over Northwestern in the years.
The University schools and colleges have grown to 19, with additional campuses in Chicago and Doha, Qatar. Nine(9) of the colleges offer undergraduate programs, while ten(10) offer graduate and professional programs.
The programs that offer major certifications include;
Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences
- School of Communication
- School of Education & Social Policy
- McCormick School of Engineering & Applied Science
- Medill School of Journalism
- The Graduate School
- Bienen School of Music
- School of Professional Studies
- Feinberg School of Medicine
- Northwestern in Qatar
Why Study At Northwestern University?
Below are some of the reasons you should consider Northwestern University as your preferred choice.
- NWU is among the top 25 Universities in the US. Journalism, and Performance Arts, and are highly respected.
- Northwestern is recognized around the world for its innovative and extraordinary research and other educational programs.
- Proximity to Chicago
- The school environment is unique; In Evanston, you’ll find a beautiful, more left-leaning suburb that unites knowledge, ideas, ambition, and hard work.
Other benefits include;
- Career growth and opportunity
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- Employee reduced tuition
- Dependent care match
- NU Wellness Program
- Employee Discount Program
- An excellent matched retirement plan
Northwestern University Acceptance Rate in 2022
The northwestern university acceptance rate is 10.7%.
The average high school GPA of the recently admitted freshman class was 3.53 on the 4.0 scale, showing that primarily B+ students are accepted and surely attend.
What is the Northwestern Transfer Acceptance Rate?
A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required to be eligible to apply to Northwestern as a transfer student. The mean college cumulative grade point average of admitted transfer students is about 3.7 on a 4-point scale.
However, successful transfer applicants typically arrive at Northwestern after completing at least one academic year of full-time college coursework (24 semester hours or 36 quarter hours).
Northwestern University SAT requirements
Northwestern University basically requires applicants to be in the top 3 percent of SAT test-takers and takes SAT composite scores down to 1430 on a 1600 scale, below which admission should be considered a reach.
Based on estimation, students may be accepted with SATs as low as 1370. The estimated average SAT composite for admitted students is 1490 out of 1600. 45 percent of applicants submit SAT scores to the school.
Northwestern ACT Requirements
The northwestern university accepts students with an ACT rate of 33 and above. Successful applicants typically send ACT scores in the top 2 percent nationally and the school accepts minimum ACT composite scores of around 32 sometimes.
It is very important to score well on the ACT as 65 percent of applicants submit ACT scores to Northwestern University.
Northwestern University Ranking
The ranking criteria used for Northwestern include the tuition, acceptance and graduation rates, student-to-faculty ratios, and much more.
- Northwestern ranks #2 in Illinois for the highest average SAT composite score.
- High school ranking shows that 91% of Northwestern University freshmen were in the top twenty-five percent of their high school graduating class.
- Northwestern ranks #2 in Illinois for the highest average ACT composite score.
- Ranks #14 among top worldwide universities granted US utility patents.
- Ranked #11 Engineering School in the USA.
- Northwestern University ranks 37 in the US and 43 in the world.
Northwestern University Admission Requirements
Below are the necessary admission requirements if you plan to enroll at Northwestern University.
- An essay or Personal Statement
- Transcript of High School records
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- English proficiency test scores
- Test Scores
- High School GPA
- High School Class Rank
- Completion of the College Preparatory Program
- Demonstration of Competencies
Northwestern University Undergraduate Admissions
There are several UG majors and minors available at the university. The most sought-after bachelor’s degrees at Northwestern University are in the areas of journalism, political science & government, communication, psychology, and economics.
The general documents needed to finish the application procedure is listed below:
- Official secondary school transcripts and school reports
- A Counselor recommendation
- Letter of Recommendation from at least one teacher
- Early Decision Agreement
- Mid-year transcript
Northwestern University Graduate Admissions
Students from all across the world are welcome at Northwestern.
By limiting the number of international students, it does not distinguish between domestic and foreign students.
The Graduate School of Northwestern University provides graduate programs.
Master of Arts (MA), Master of Science (MS), Master of Public Health (MPH), and Master of Fine Arts graduate degrees are all offered by the Graduate School (MFA).
The general document required for PG programs in the university include:
- Completed online application
- Statement of Purpose
- Uploaded Transcripts or school report
- Standardized test scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- GRE or GMAT scores
When Do Northwestern University Release Graduate Admission Decisions
Admission decisions are made after the deadlines, from mid-January until early April. Admitted Ph.D. applicants are given until April 15 to accept or reject their offer of admission. Northwestern doesn’t review an application for admission until they receive all the required admission items.
Northwestern University Tuition
Presently, tuition is $54,120. The undergraduate tuition increased by 3.9 percent to $56,232 for the new academic year. Also, student activity and athletic fees have increased by 4.5 percent to $258, while the student health fee remains unchanged at $201.
Nevertheless, Northwestern is the institutional sponsor of National Merit Scholarships and awards financial aid in accordance with our need-based financial aid policy. It is an.
The School of Music also awards a number of talent scholarships to incoming students with outstanding performance in auditions.
So, tuition benefits include reduced tuition fees for Northwestern University courses and certificate programs, as well as courses that were taken elsewhere.
Spouses and dependent children of employees may also be eligible for reduced tuition for undergraduate courses taken at Northwestern and other schools.
Notable Northwestern University Alumni
Zooey Claire Deschanel, an American actress, is one of the top celebrities in the world, and Charles Louis Busch, is the Best drag queen of all time. Both are Northwestern alumni. Others include:
- Mike Adamle sports anchor; former pro football player and TV host
- Ann-Margret; Academy Award-nominated and Emmy Award-winning actress, film and TV.
- Warren Beatty; Academy Award-nominated actor, Academy Award-winning director, Reds.
- Richard Benjamin; actor/director
- Greg Berlanti; Emmy-nominated TV and film writer/producer, Everwood, Dawson’s Creek, Political Animals.
- Craig Bierko; Tony Award-nominated actor, The Music Man.
- Bill Brindley; writer, director
- Jeffory Blackard; founder and CEO, Blackard Global
- Zach Braff; writer, director, actor for TV and film, Scrubs, Garden State; Grammy Award-winning producer of Garden State soundtrack.
FAQs Northwestern University Acceptance Rate in 2022
Northwestern University’s acceptance rate is 10.7%.
Northwestern University’s graduation rate is 93%
Interested applicants need to possess a high cumulative GPA in high school, despite the fact that there is no specified GPA in the general admission requirements
Based on several international and local rankings and the acceptance rate, Northwestern is one of the best universities in the USA.
The average composite SAT score of students admitted to Northwestern University is an impressive 1510.
WE ALSO RECOMMENDED
- Northwestern University Scholarships Opportunities For International Students
- 8 Accredited Physician Assistant Schools in Illinois
- Study at the University Of Southern California : Admission, Courses, Ranking, Tuition Fees
- University Of Northwest Ohio-UNOH Tuition Scholarships And Costs Of Living
- San Diego State University Acceptance Rate
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.