Civic innovators are welcome to apply for the Obama Foundation Fellowship 2022 program.
The program seeks to support outstanding civic innovators from around the world so as to amplify the impact of their work and to inspire a wave of civic innovation.
Xscholarship brings to you detailed information on everything there is to know about the Obama Foundation, the Obama foundation fellowship 2022, scholarship worth, eligibility for the Obama foundation fellowship, fellowship criteria, fellowship requirements, level/field of study, host nationality, eligible nationality, and application deadline.
READ ALSO: 10 International Scholarships in the UK for Algerians 2022-2023
About Obama Foundation
The Obama Fellowship supports outstanding citizens who work with their communities to bring about change that addresses some of the world’s most pressing issues. This is a unique opportunity to nurture and support emerging leaders working with their communities to solve important public issues.
The Obama Foundation is looking for 20 stars from around the world to work together with their communities to solve important public issues in a creative and effective way. The two-year non-residential program provides hands-on training, leadership development, and a strong network to help members to scale the impact of their work.
Accepted applicants will be known as the Obama Foundation Fellows and they will become a diverse set of community-minded rising stars – organizers, inventors, artists, entrepreneurs, journalists, and more – who are altering the civic engagement landscape.
The members of the Obama Foundation are a diverse group of leaders who have a community-based approach to science, criminal justice, health, education, the arts, and more. Together they model the powerful truth that each of us plays in bourgeois life.
Obama Foundation Fellowship 2022
Fellows participate in four multi-day gatherings where they collaborate with each other, connect with potential partners, and collectively push their work forward. Throughout the program, each Fellow pursues a personalized plan to leverage the Fellowship experience to take their work to the next level.
The Foundation will cover transportation and accommodation for the in-person convenings. While the Foundation can provide support in procuring visas, Fellows will be responsible for covering any visa costs.
The two-year, non-residential Fellowship will offer hands-on training, resources, and leadership development.
Fellows will also participate in four multi-day gatherings where they will collaborate with each other, connect with potential partners, and collectively push their work forward.
Throughout the program, each Fellow will pursue a personalized plan to leverage Fellowship resources to take their work to the next level.
Eligibility For The Obama Foundation Fellowship
- Open to civic leaders around the world who are doing civic work – working alongside others in their community to address a public problem and contribute to the common good.
- Applicants must be 18 or older. They’re looking for participants who are at a “tipping point” stage in their careers, rather than those who fit a particular age requirement.
- Fellows must be fluent in spoken and written English as all programming is conducted in English.
- The Obama Foundation is a non-partisan, non-political entity. As such, we’re looking for Fellows who bring a diverse set of political opinions and perspectives to the program.
- They select individuals, not groups or pairs, to participate in the program.
- They’re searching for candidates who are civic innovators, discipline-diverse, at a tipping point in their work, not yet connected to the networks they need to advance their work, and motivated by the powerful desire to help others.
You are NOT eligible if you are:
- Under 18
- Current participants in other Obama Foundation programming
- Candidates for a political office chosen through a partisan election, either now or during the Fellowship term
- Working for 501(c)(4) or 501(c)(6) organizations
OBAMA FOUNDATION FELLOWSHIP CRITERIA
- Civic innovators: We’re looking for individuals who are working to solve important public problems in creative and powerful ways. We are inspired by a broad vision of what it means to be “civic,” one that includes leaders tackling a range of issues, in both traditional and unconventional ways.
- Discipline diverse: We need people working from all angles and with different perspectives to strengthen our communities and civic life. This fellowship is for organizers, inventors, artists, entrepreneurs, journalists, and more. It is for those working within systems like governments or businesses, as well as those working outside of formal institutions.
- At a tipping point in their work: Successful applicants have already demonstrated meaningful impact in their communities, gaining recognition among their peers for their contributions. Now, they stand at a breakthrough moment in their careers. They’re poised to use the Fellowship to significantly advance their work, perhaps by launching new platforms, expanding to broader audiences, or taking their work to a national or global stage. If you’ve already gained global recognition for your work or if your civic innovation work has just begun, you may not be the ideal candidate for this program.
- Talented, but not connected: We are committed to expanding the circle of opportunity to include new and varied voices. Thus we have a strong preference for civic innovators who are not currently connected to the networks and resources they need to advance their work. If you’re not sure whether you fit this description, feel free to apply — and make sure to articulate how the resources of the Fellowship would uniquely impact your work.
- Good humans: We are building an authentic community. A strong moral character is essential for the strength of this community, the integrity of the program, and the longevity of its value. We’re seeking inspirational individuals who demonstrate humility and work collaboratively with others towards shared goals.
- They encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply for this opportunity.
OBAMA FOUNDATION FELLOWSHIP REQUIREMENTS
The Fellowship is not a full-time commitment, but active and engaged participation is key to creating a meaningful Fellowship experience. Fellows commit to:
- Participating in the full programming of the four Fellowship gatherings
- Devoting a few hours each month to ongoing training and programming
- Sharing responsibility for creating a supportive, collaborative community of Fellows
- Collaborating with the Foundation throughout the Fellowship to evaluate and refine the program for future classes
- Contributing their leadership, creativity, and voice to other Foundation programs. They’re looking for Fellows who are eager to explore the roles they can play in the broader ecosystem of the Foundation — whether serving as mentors, facilitating local training, or writing about their work for a wider audience.
Level / Field of Study
This is a fellowship program open to international candidates.
The Obama Fellowship 2022 is hosted in the USA.
The grant is open to international students.
Obama Foundation Fellowship Application
- Keep it brief and real: They’ve kept application fields short in order to encourage answers that are straightforward and authentic. They’re looking for writing that distills what’s important to them.
- Don’t be afraid to brag: While it can feel uncomfortable to put yourself in the spotlight, they need to know why you are the right candidate for the Fellowship. They want to hear about your work, your impact, and your personal connection to your community.
Fellowship Application Deadline
The fellowship is an annual fellowship that comes up every OCTOBER. do well to follow the application link.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.