The purpose of this post is to enlighten our audience on the Purdue University Scholarships opportunities 2022 for International Students. Before we delve into all that let’s have an overview of Purdue University.
Purdue University is a public research university situated in West Lafayette, Indiana, was founded in 1869 and named after Lafayette businessman John Purdue who was a patron of the school as he donated land and money to establish a college of science, technology, and agriculture.
The first series of lectures which was facilitated by six instructors on September 16, 1874, had 39 students in attendance.
Over 200 majors for undergraduates, over 69 masters and doctoral programs, and professional degrees in pharmacy and veterinary medicine are being offered on the main campus in West Lafayette, Indiana.
Also, Purdue University boasts of 18 intercollegiate sports teams and over 900 student organizations.
The school is a member of the Big Ten Conference and enrolls the second largest student body of any university in Indiana, as well as the fourth largest foreign student population of any university in the U.S
Purdue has produced 25 American astronauts as alumni and as of April 2019, the university has 13 Nobel Prize winners as Alumni.
History of Purdue University
The University came into being as a result of the Indiana General Assembly 1865 decision to take advantage of the Morrill Land-Grant Colleges Act of 1862 which berthed plans to establish an institution focused on agriculture and engineering.
Communities all over Indiana began to offer facilities and funding in bids for the location of the new college.
By 1869, Tippecanoe County’s offer of $150,000 (equivalent to $2.9 million in 2020) from Lafayette businessman and philanthropist John Purdue led the General Assembly to establish the institution in Tippecanoe County as Purdue University, in the name of the business mogul.
How To Get Admission Into Purdue University in 2022
1Getting admission to study any choice of your course at Purdue University isn’t difficult as many people think. Overall we can say that the Indiana-based university is moderately selective but they don’t joke with their admission requirements.
They expect you to meet their requirements for GPA and SAT/ACT scores, but they’re more flexible than other schools.
If you surpass their requirements, you have an excellent chance of getting in but if you don’t, you might be one of the unlucky minority that gets a rejection letter.
Recent data shows that the University admits 57% of applicants which is an indication that they require you to be above average.
With a GPA of 3.66, you should be offered provisional admission into Purdue University. Except you are just unlucky.
For candidates with a GPA lower than 3.66 you will need a higher SAT or ACT score as compensation as this will help you effectively compete against applicants who have higher GPAs than you.
Other requirements include letters of recommendation, application essays, and interviews.
Undergraduate Admission Process
Applying to Purdue University is pretty simple. All you need to do is complete and submit an online application form.
When applying, you will need the following :
- A general university application via one of the aforementioned portals
- Supplemental essay
- Self-reported high school grades
- Self-reported ACT or SAT scores
- The application fee (or qualified fee waiver)
Postgraduate Admission Process
Purdue University postgraduate admission process entails:
The postgraduate admission process entails
- Common Application or Coalition Application
- Official university transcript(s) from all universities attended, must demonstrate at least one year of full-time undergraduate study
- Official secondary school transcript noting graduation
- College report
- Academic evaluation
- SAT or ACT scores†
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores‡ (ONLY required for international applicants whose first language is not English or whose schooling has not been in English)
- Nonrefundable application fee of $60 (U.S. dollars) for domestic applicants and $75 (U.S. dollars) for international applicants.
- Music audition (School of Music applicants ONLY)
- Required for homeschooled high school applicants ONLY: 3 SAT subject tests
Purdue University courses
Undergraduate courses at Purdue University includes:
- Aeronautics & Astronautics
- African American Studies
- Agricultural & Biological Engineering
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Science Education and Communication
- American Studies
- Animal Sciences
- Aviation and Transportation Technology
- Basic Medical Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Botany & Plant Pathology
- Business Analytics & Information Management
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Comparative Literature
- Comparative Pathobiology
- Computational Life Sciences
- Computational Science & Engineering
- Computer and Information Technology
- Computer Graphics Technology
- Computer Science
- Information Security for Computing Professionals Program
- Construction Management Technology
- Consumer Science
- Curriculum & Instruction and many more.
Purdue University graduate courses include :
- Management – M.B.A.
- Management – M.S. Degree in Accounting Program
- Management – M.S. Degree in Business Administration STEM
- Management – M.S. Degree in Business Analytics and Information Management Program
- Management – M.S. Degree in Economics Program
- Management – M.S. Degree in Finance Program
- Management – M.S. Degree in Global Supply Chain Management Program
- Management – M.S. Degree in Human Resources Management Program
- Management – M.S. Degree in Marketing Program
- Management – Executive M.B.A.
- Management – Weekend M.B.A.
- Nursing -MS with Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Program (MS.AGNP)
- Nursing -MS with Family Nurse Practitioner Program (MS/FNP)
- Nursing -MS with Primary Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Program (MS/PNP)
- Nursing -MS with Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program (MS.PMHNP)
- Nursing -Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP): BSN-DNP or MSN-DNP
Purdue University doctorate courses include :
- Nursing Ph.D. in Nursing. Click to learn more
- Management – Ph.D. Click to learn more
- Economics Ph.D. Click to learn more
- And many more.
Purdue University Scholarships Opportunities 2022 For International Students
Purdue University has a scholarship package they tag “Freshman Scholarship”. Purdue University Scholarships opportunities 2022 are awarded based on academic merit as well as financial need.
For maximum consideration, students must meet admission and financial aid deadlines. See important steps for Purdue University Scholarships consideration.
Purdue University Scholarships is an excellent scholarship opportunity for undergraduates as they have well laid down structures in place for their scholarship programs. Despite the fact, their scholarship program is next to none they are a University not too rigid when it comes to admission. Their selection process like we pointed out earlier is very flexible.
Aside from the “Freshman Scholarship” Program for freshers, they have other scholarship packages like the College Based scholarship and Financial-need-based scholarship programs respectively.
Students already admitted to Purdue University can apply for the College based scholarship program HERE
Also do not forget to take advantage of Northwestern University Scholarships.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.