Are you a Canadian student interested in Schulich, read on to know the Schulich Leader Scholarships for Canadian Students 2021.
The Schulich Foundation is inviting applications from all graduating high school students across Canada who have an interest in pursuing Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) to apply for the Schulich Leader Scholarships for Canadian Students, 2022.
Xscholarship brings to you everything you need to know about the Schulich Foundation, the Schulich Leader Scholarships for Canadian Students, level/field of study, host nationality, eligibility, scholarship benefits, and how to apply.
This program is funded by the Schulich Foundation and Co-Administered by the UJA Federation of Greater Toronto. Schulich Foundation was founded by Seymour Schulich, a Canadian businessman, investor, author, and philanthropist.
The Schulich foundation’s first and largest donation was made to the Schulich School of Business at York University. Funds have also been donated to numerous Canadian universities including York (Schulich School of Business), Western Ontario (Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry), Calgary (Schulich School of Engineering), Dalhousie (Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie Faculty of Computer Science), McGill (Schulich School of Music), Nipissing (Schulich School of Education), and Queen’s (Schulich-Woolf Rare Book Collection). All degrees issued by the Schulich School of Business presently bear the signature of Seymour Schulich. The Schulich Foundation extends its philanthropy beyond universities, to the Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (Schulich Heart Centre) in Toronto, and outside Canada to the University of Nevada, Reno (Schulich Lecture Hall) and Technion – Israel Institute of Technology.
- On October 15, 2009, Schulich officially presented a donation of $20 million to Dalhousie University’s Law School. The Law School has now been renamed the Schulich School of Law.
- On October 14, 2011, Schulich announced a $100 million scholarship program targeting students entering the science, technology, engineering, and math fields (STEM) in Canada and Israel. This gift is being co-administered by the UJA Federation of Greater Toronto and the Schulich Foundation. The program is called Schulich Leader Scholarships, which is the largest undergraduate STEM scholarship opportunity in each country.
Schulich Leader Scholarships for Canadian Students 2022
The Schulich Leader Scholarships is a Canadian and Israeli undergraduate award program that provides scholarships for students enrolled in STEM areas of study.
It is a $100 million scholarship program targeting students entering the science, technology, engineering, and math fields (STEM) in Canada and Israel. This scholarship is being co-administered by the UJA Federation of Greater Toronto and the Schulich Foundation and is the largest undergraduate STEM scholarship opportunity in each country.
Level/Field of study:
The Scholarships are awarded to study undergraduate programs in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) at partner universities.
The scholarship is hosted by the partner universities in Canada and Israel
The scholarship is open to Canadian students
The Schulich Leader Scholarships for Canadian Students have Twenty-five scholarships, valued at $100,000 each, and are designated for students pursuing an engineering degree.
Twenty-five scholarships, valued at $80,000 each, are designated for students studying science, technology, or math.
The scholarship has about 50 offers for the STEM Program in it.
Schulich Leader Scholarships are open to all graduating high school or Cégep students across Canada who have an interest in pursuing Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) at one of their partner universities.
To be a beneficiary of the Schulich Leader Scholarships for Canadian Students, the following criteria must be met to be eligible:
- Students must demonstrate 2 of 3 selection criteria: Academic excellence, Outstanding community, business or entrepreneurial leadership, and Financial need and
- New For 2022– be Entrepreneurial minded, intending to pursue a career in Technology, Innovation, Engineering, and Scientific Research (Research into questions posed by scientific theories and hypotheses)
To qualify, Nominees must:
- Be a high school graduate or Cegep in the 2022/2023 academic year
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Enroll at one of the partner universities
All applications must be submitted electronically.
The Schulich Leader Nominee application requests the following:
- Name and contact information of the high school/Cégep
- Name and contact information of the Nominee
Once a Schulich Leader Nominee application is verified, the Nominee is emailed the Schulich Leader scholarship application link. On this application the Nominee is required to do the following:
- Select the universities where they would like to attend
- List their top three achievements (academic or other)
- Write a 600-word essay demonstrating why they would make a great Schulich Leader
- Write an optional essay to outline extenuating circumstances
- Upload two letters of reference (at least one from a school staff member)
- -letters must be a maximum of one page in length, addressed to the Schulich Leader Scholarships Selection Committee, and include Referee’s telephone number and email address for verification purposes
- Upload an up-to-date transcript or credit counsel summary
- Upload a headshot profile image for marketing purposes
The key dates for this scholarship program include;
- High School Submits Nominee January 30, annually
- Nominee Submits Application February annually
- Universities Make Offers March 1 – June 14, annually
FAQs about Schulich Leader Scholarships for Canadian Students 2022
Those seeking engineering degrees are eligible for $100,000 in scholarships, while students pursuing degrees in science, technology, or math are eligible for $80,000 in scholarships.
Each high school or cégep is free to determine its definition of academic excellence. Students must have the required grades to be admitted to their desired program(es.
Studentseekingek government aid for undergraduate university studies would satisfy the “financial need” requirement.
After the candidate submits their finished scholarship application, references will get an email with a link to a form where they may obtain references online. By the deadline for scholarship applications, all letters of recommendation and scholarship applications must be finished and sent.
There are several advantages to becoming a Schulich Leader Nominee. First, the $100,000 or $80,000 scholarship is only available to finalists. Another is that nominees receive recognition at home, at school, and nationally.
- Ghana National Petroleum Corporation – GNPC Scholarship 2020/2021
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships for Masters Students 2020/21
- Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships
- Scotiabank National Scholarship 2020-2021
- Knights Of Columbus Scholarships 2020
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship For Africans At UBC, Canada 2020
- $4000 Union Plus Scholarship Program 2020
- Rhodes scholarship at Oxford University for International Students | How to Apply
- DAAD Scholarships in Germany for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses
- World Bank Scholarships 2020
- University of Rochester Scholarship opportunities for international students, 2020-2021
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.