Simon Fraser University (SFU) is one of the worlds leading research universities. Read on to know about the Simon Fraser University Tuition 2022: Scholarships and Cost of Living
Simon Fraser University (SFU) is located in British Columbia, Canada. It was established in 1965 to facilitate the growth of academic activities and the eradication of illiteracy all over the world. This was done by welcoming applications from individuals all over the world.
As a show of its preparedness and resilience in making a positive impact in the academic world, the university chose or adopted the French motto Nous sommes prêts, meaning We are ready in English. This has helped them to keep the focus on their resolve to be resourceful. One can easily spot the quality and excellence the University has imbibed in her students.
The University has three campuses, they include:
- Burnaby (This is the Main Campus)
- Surrey Campus and,
- Vancouver Campus
The university has 8 faculties which you would get to know, as well as their departments and schools. Currently, Simon Fraser University has over 30,000 students, a figure made up of both domestic and international students. Operating on the 3 levels of study, which includes an undergraduate program, graduate program, and continuing education. The school offers a wide range of opportunities to individuals, giving everyone the opportunity to enroll in their specific categories.
The university has lots of notable alumni, I will mention a few:
- Margaret Trudeau: She is the wife of former Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau.
- Robert Turner: A renowned scientist.
- David Usher: A famous singer and songwriter.
- John G. Webb: A successful cardiologist.
- Choi Woo-Shik: A popular South Korean actor.
- Yohana Yembise: She is the Indonesian Minister of Women Empowerment and Child Protection.
- Maha Al-Saati: A Successful filmmaker.
It cant be disputed that the university is actually a home for sharpening people’s careers. We shall get to know more about the school, as we continue to explain “Simon Fraser University Tuition 2022: Scholarships and Cost of Living”.
Simon Fraser University Tuition 2022: Scholarships and Cost of Living
FACULTY, DEPARTMENTS AND SCHOOL
The Simon Fraser University offers a wide range of courses through the following faculties and schools
1. Faculty of Applied Sciences
2. Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
3. Faculty of Business Administration. Faculty of Communication, Art, and Technology
- Canadian Centre for Studies in Publishing
- Centre for Digital Media
- School of Communication
- School of Contemporary Arts
- School of Interactive Arts and Technology
5. Faculty of Education
6. Faculty of Environment
- Department of Archaeology
- Department of Geography
- School of Resource and Environmental Management
7. Faculty of Health Sciences
8. Faculty of Science
- Department of Biological Sciences
- Department of Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Earth Sciences
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
- Department of Physics
- Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science
ADMISSION INTO SIMON FRASER UNIVERSITY
The University is open to applications from people all over the world. There are certain protocols prospective students must follow. They include firstly applying to the school indicating your desired course or program, then if offered admission the student would need to accept the application before he or she can register or enroll for approved courses.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION INTO SIMON FRASER UNIVERSITY
The following are the approved requirements for admission into Simon Fraser University:
- All prospective candidates must have covered a minimum of 24 units of post-secondary courses.
- You must have between 2.40 GPA to 3.50 GPA, for provisional admission. (The GPA may fluctuate)
The following are important dates that would aid the success of your application. They include the following:
- After this day, you won’t be able to change your first and alternate choice programs.
- At the elapsing of this day, you won’t be able to have access to the site for online/distributed learning.
- After this day, you won’t be able to submit your application for supplemental admission into the Beedie School of Business as well as the Sustainable Energy Engineering program for the Fall semester.
- At the elapsing of this day, all applicants for Beedie School of Business and Sustainable Energy Engineering, you won’t be allowed to submit your interim grades for Canadian high school students, while for others it would be non-submission of the interim transcript.
- At the expiration of this day, there would be no more submission of relevant documents to aid admission for high school applicants.
March 15, 2022
- At the elapsing of this day, there shall be no more submission of self-report grades for high school applicants. This is very detrimental.
March 31, 2022
- This is the deadline for the submission of all necessary documents required for admission for post-secondary school students.
- At the expiration of this day, they shall be no further submission of application for high school undergraduate scholars’ entrance.
- All applications and documents for financial aid must have been made or completed on or before this day. Consequently, there won’t be further acceptance of applications at the expiration of this day.
The following are structured tuition for students. It is categorized into two categories:
Domestic Students (Undergraduate): $195.88 CAD
International Students (Undergraduate): $827.66 CAD
This other category is for Graduate degree program.
Graduate Students (Full time): $1,946.94 CAD
Student Services Fee: $48.05 CAD
All monies are to be paid in Canadian Dollar.
AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIP
Simon Fraser University supports her students with financial aid. The following a list of financial aid or scholarship available.
- General Emergency Assistance Program (Spring 2022)
- Emergency Technology Assistance Program
- Aboriginal Emergency Assistance Program
- Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB)
- International Summit Transfer Entrance Scholarship
- Ken Caple Transfer Entrance Scholarship
- University Transfer Entrance Scholarship
- SFU International Undergraduate Scholars Entrance Scholarship
- SFU International Undergraduate Scholars Entrance Scholarship with Distinction.
- Tadeusz Specht Memorial Scholarship in Science and Health Sciences
We also have other post that your friend might be interested in.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.