If you are an international student seeking to study in Singapore, then here is an opportunity for you to study for free via the Singapore Government Scholarships 2023.
This Singapore Government Scholarship is Funded by the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR). It is a Fully Funded Scholarship for Master’s studies Leading to Ph.D. or Direct Ph.D. after a 4 Year Undergraduate Program.
International students are invited to apply for this Scholarship as there is no Application Fee required since it’s a Government Funded Scholarship Program.
The most interesting part is that the courses will be taught in English.
Successful candidates will study at one of the Top 3 Universities in Singapore that include; Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
To learn how you can win this Singapore Government Scholarship, continue reading this article till the end.
But first, let’s see some of the benefits of studying in Singapore.
Benefits of Studying in Singapore
1. English is the Medium of Instruction
Though Singapore is in Asia, you do not need to worry about learning a brand new language to get into a university. English is the medium of instruction or the language used for teaching inside the classroom. It is also common to speak English in public.
However, check if the university you’re seeking admission to requires a certificate that proves your fluency in English. If they do, you will need to provide an English proficiency examination before admission.
2. Less Expensive University Fees Compared to US and UK
Singapore is quite affordable if you compare it to other Asian countries. When compared with the other popular destinations for studying abroad like the US, UK, or Australia, you’ll agree that Singapore is far more affordable than these destinations.
However, total fees for undergraduate and postgraduate studies may differ depending on the university you choose and the course you take.
3. High-Quality Education
In Singapore, you will find some of the highest-ranking universities in the world including the National University of Singapore and Nanyang Technological University. There are also foreign universities with branches in Singapore like the Technische Universität München and Chicago Business School that can provide the same quality of education as their main institutions in Europe.
Though Singapore is a small country, it is rich in different cultures and attracts students and tourists from all over the world. There are diverse religions, food, ethnicities, architecture, and cultures that blend together in one place. You can learn about other Singapore cultures from friends you make inside the classroom.
5. Safe and Comfortable Environment
There are strict laws in Singapore. However, these laws help to create a safe space for locals and foreigners.
Moreover, the country’s convenient transport system and well-developed infrastructure make it easier for international students to roam around the country with ease.
6. A Wide Range of Business Programmes
For students interested in business, Singapore is often a considerable study destination for business programs because of its popularity as an innovative and competitive country in the field. There are a lot of big companies and startups in Singapore.
Businesses, investments, and entrepreneurship are common in Singapore, so it is not a hard task to find a suitable MBA specialization for you.
Overview Singapore Government Scholarships 2023
- Scholarship Country: Singapore
- Degree: MS Degree Programs & Ph.D. Degree Programs
- Award: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 1st December 2022
About SINGA Scholarships
- Singapore Government has awarded more than 950 Scholarships. Over 29,000 Applications were Received from over 170 Countries.
- Singapore International Graduate Scholarship is famous for its diversity program.
- 240 Scholarships will be provided this year.
- The Duration of the Scholarship will be four 4 Years.
The Singapore Scholarships for International Students has Fully Funded Free Scholarships. The SINGA Scholarship will cover all the Expenses:
- Full Tuition Fees
- The monthly stipend of $2,000, will be increased to $2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time Airfare Grant of up to S$1,500*
- One-time Settling in Allowance of S$1,000*
- Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees.
- GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results.
- The submission of IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results is optional and may be requested later by the university for admission.
The following documents are required in advance before applying. Do NOT mail any hard copy documents to the SINGA Office. All necessary documents are to be submitted online.
- Passport: A recent passport-size photo (in .jpeg or .png format)
- Transcripts & Reports: ALL transcripts need to be in English translation
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic Transcripts: Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate/scroll has not yet been conferred.
- Recommendation Letters: 2 Recommendation Reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
The deadline to apply for the Singapore Government Scholarships 2023 For International Students is 1st December 2022 for the for August 2023 intake.
How to Apply
The Application Submission is Fully Online.
To Apply, please visit the official website of the Government of Singapore Scholarships
FAQs on Singapore Government Scholarship
You certainly can. By selecting the “Apply” button on their website, you may apply for scholarships. But first, make sure you’ve completed your resume and attached any supporting papers. Some scholarship providers only accept applications through their websites. When you click the “Apply” option for these scholarships, you will be notified that you will be taken to their website.
Sometimes scholarships are available for a longer length of time than others. Mid-term or short-term scholarships are often available for the entire year.
Scholarship sponsors often have two application windows. For undergraduate scholarships, the application period runs from September to November/December, then from January/February to March of the following year.
Please provide all of your academic credentials. You should also submit any papers that will give you an edge, as well as any backup entries in your scholarship résumé.
You should also provide participation certificates for any sports or game competitions.
You can, indeed. For diploma holders and students, there are several scholarships and chances for higher study.
Use “Polytechnic students” at Search and then choose the filter “Ongoing” under Scholarship Availability to look for scholarships that are offered to diploma holders or undergraduates.
Your scholarship CV will be emailed to the scholarship provider once you click the Apply button. Unless expressly requested by the scholarship giver, do not submit another application using hardcopy forms. Do not ship any original certificates.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.