The University of Winnipeg has established a Manitoba Graduate Scholarship 2022 valued at $15,000 to support research-based graduate studies and assist in attracting and sustaining excellent students from within and outside of the province.
The scholarship was created through an agreement between the University of Winnipeg and the Province of Manitoba. Awards are made primarily on the basis of academic excellence and are open to students who will be registered as full-time graduate students in a Master’s program at the University of Winnipeg.
In this post, Xscholarship provides details about the University of Winnipeg Manitoba Graduate Scholarships 2022 for International Students, eligibility, Manitoba Graduate Scholarships 2022 requirements, University of Winnipeg Manitoba Graduate Scholarship Renewal Application Form and scholarship deadlines.
University of Winnipeg Manitoba Graduate Scholarships 2022 for International Students
The University of Winnipeg Manitoba Graduate Scholarship (MGS) is valued at $15,000 for a period of 12 months. Students must apply to renew this scholarship.
All students are eligible to apply, regardless of citizenship.
Manitoba Graduate Scholarships 2022 Candidate Requirements:
- Have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.75 in the last 60 credits hours of study.
- Be in a pre-master’s program and/or entering the first or second year of a full-time of an eligible master’s program as of May or September of the current year or January of the upcoming year.
- Be enrolled in or plan to enroll a full-time master’s program.
- Students should apply for CIHR, NSERC, and SSHRC CGS-M scholarships, if eligible. Students that do not apply for a national award may be considered ineligible for the MGS.
- Students in a Joint Master’s Programs can apply through both institutions, but can only hold the award at one institution in the same academic year.
- Preference will be given to students entering the first year of a Master’s program.
MGS Renewal: To qualify for a subsequent year of funding, students awarded an MGS are required to apply for external funding if they are eligible. Renewal is not automatic, and students are to re-apply for MGS funding using the University of Winnipeg Manitoba Graduate Scholarship Renewal Application Form (see application procedures).
A completed application package includes the following:
- A complete application form.
- Are received electronically via email in no more than two PDF documents (one for forms, one form transcripts)
- Are typed; handwritten applications are no longer accepted.
- All the required forms are completed, with all the required fields completed.
- Include the checklist and the GPA calculation by the department are indicated, where GPA is applicable to eligibility criteria for the award.
- The assessment from the referee and/or Program Chair or Coordinator has been included.
- All required transcripts or marks statements are included. Note: Awards requiring official transcripts will indicate this requirement and marks statements, such printouts from WebAdvisor, will not be accepted.
For more information please consult the MGS Regulations and Procedures Guide.
If you are seeking to renew your previously held MGS, please submit the MGS Renewal Form.
Deadline for the Manitoba Graduate Scholarship
The University of Winnipeg Manitoba Graduate Scholarship Deadlines:
March 1 (or next business day) to Program Chair/Coordinator
March 15 (or next business day) Program Chair/Coordinator to Graduate Studies Office
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.