This post, which you’re about to read, alongside others, found here and here were made with the interests of students who want to gain admission into Canadian Higher Institutions of learning by Scholarships, at heart. This particular one, dealing extensively with the Vancouver Island University Tuition, Scholarships available, and Costs of Living, was written as a guide. To help any applicant aspiring to study at VIU get prepared and have a general idea of the school, the available scholarships and how they can be applied for, the courses offered, degrees awarded, tuition fees, and the cost of living and accommodation. I hope this post is helpful.
Vancouver Island University was established in 1969. It is a Canadian Public University that has since its establishment, been known as a center for qualitative learning. Boasting pf three campuses, Its main objective is to build a progressive, sustainable global community through innovation and social inclusion. The school has so far, gained international exposure through participation in innovative projects and workshops worldwide. The school was nominated as a finalist in the 2018 Higher Education Academy’s Global Teaching Excellence award. This is no small feat was merited following the outstanding teaching excellence of its teaching staff.
Courses Offered at Vancouver Island University
Like every other Canadian University of International Standard, renowned for their wide variety of courses, spanning the science, arts, and humanities fields, Vancouver Island University has a total of 178 programs whose time frame of completion range from 8 months to 4 years and above. There are also online courses for students who either can’t attend the campuses or for certain selected courses. Much as these courses -as is expected- come with tasking assignments and projects only befitting of Internationally acclaimed Higher Institutions of learning, the school has ensured that every aid to learning which the students could possibly need is provided. These include extensively, well-equipped libraries and easily accessible research centers.
Tuition Fees at Vancouver Island University 2022
Vancouver Island University Tuition Payments will be accepted by cash, money order, Interac direct payments, personal cheques, or via online banking. Credit cards are however not accepted for tuition payments, students union fees, or student activity fees. Other payments besides the just mentioned three can be paid by credit cards though. A non-refundable application fee is charged for the development and processing of student record file. This fee accompanies the student application and is a one-off payment not included in the tuition fee. Below is the application fee charged per program
- Application fee for Undergraduate programs: $41.72
- Application fee for Graduate programs: 108.20 (Faculty of Management, Excluded)
- Application fee for Faculty of Management Graduate Programs: $159.15
- NO APPLICATION FEE IS CHARGED FOR THE ADULT BASIC EDUCATION PROGRAM.
Click; tuition fee schedule, for a wholistic summary of fees to be paid
Admission into Vancouver Island University
The Vancouver Island University, as stated before, has a number of programs and each of these programs have a number of requirements a student must meet before his or her application into VIU are considered. I’m going to be listing the requirements of just two major programs; the Undergraduate Academic and Vocational Programs and the Admission to Graduate Programs.
- Undergraduate Academic and Vocational Programs: Applicants must be graduates from high school or equivalent, and must be very fluent in the English Language. However, if a student meets the academic requirements, but not the English Language requirement, conditional acceptance may be granted pending when the candidate meets the English Language requirement. There may be additional program admission requirements and course prerequisites. Candidates are urged to check their specific program requirement on the school official website
- Admission to Graduate Programs: Applicants must have had a minimum “B” average in the final 2 years of a Bachelor’s degree. No GMAT or GRE scores are required and candidates must meet the English Language Requirements
- Click; For full admission requirements for all available programs
Available Scholarships at Vancouver University
- VIU International Undergraduate Regional Scholarships: Awarded to international students seeking entry into the first year of an Undergraduate Academic Program, this award is based on the entered grades from submitted High School Transcripts. No applications are necessary. They are awarded based on the number allocated to a particular region, and the students that meet the requirements out of every appointed region receive the scholarship awards.
- VIU Worldwide Entrance Scholarships These awards are given every year to up to 20 exceptional new long-term academic undergraduate student applicants who have come to VIU for ESL with conditional acceptance into an Undergraduate Program. No applications for the scholarships are necessary
- British Columbia Offshore School Entrance Scholarship: Only international student graduates from British Columbia Offshore schools are eligible. And only two students with the highest combined scores on any two Grade 12 examinable courses will be awarded the scholarship.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Entrance Scholarship: Only New International student graduates with an IB diploma are eligible. The scholarship is awarded as a tuition credit at VIU in their second academic semester. Applications are also not necessary.
Cost of Living at Vancouver Island University
The cost of living almost always depends on the individual as different people have different tastes and tend to live to suit their tastes. But it is believed that a student who is out to get the best form of education, much as he or she should not suffer, should also not have very extravagant tastes. The cost of living at VIU for an average student is estimated at $2,013, feeding excluded. A student with less extravagant tastes can very easily survive on this amount. However, should more cash be needed, there is an amazing opportunity of making money while studying.
Job Opportunities for Students at VIU
There are swell job opportunities for students of VIU to earn money, pick up skills, and have work experience even while studying, without disturbing their school calendars. Job opportunities available for students at VIU are flexible and in line with the school’s academic calendar.
Has this post been helpful? Well, share with others; friends and family. You could be doing someone a favor… Continue to visit xscholarship for great, informative, scholarship updates.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.