Applications are now open for international students to apply for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2022-2023.
Read on to know more about the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2022-2023, the benefits of the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship, courses offered, how to apply, required documents, the online application process, and the deadline.
But first, here’s why you should choose to study in Canada
Why you should study in Canada
1. Qualifications valued around the world
Canada is renowned for its high quality of education, hence any certificate, degree, or diploma issued in the country stands equal to the qualifications presented by the USA and other leading European countries.
2. Affordable Education
Canada provides quality education for international and domestic students. You can also live in Canada at an affordable price compared to the USA and UK. Colleges have low and affordable fees and tuition, and that’s one of the major reasons international students immigrate to Canada.
There are also various scholarships you can apply for scholarships to make your education in Canada more affordable.
3. Universities in Canada
Canadian universities offer top-class education. The University of Toronto, Ontario (25th), McGill University, Montreal (31st), University of British Columbia (45th), University of Alberta (119th), and McMaster University (144th) are seven Canadian universities that have managed to rank and get a place in the Top 200 rankings of the best universities in the world by the QS World University Ranking 2021.
4. Financial support for education
There are various scholarships like the Non-Government Scholarships, Canadian Government Scholarships, and Institutional Scholarships for international students. You can get scholarships based on academic excellence, financial needs, Language Proficiency, and extracurricular Indulgence. Some of the Canadian Government Scholarships are:
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship
- IDRC Research Awards
- Vanier Graduate Scholarships
- Canada-ASEAN SEED
- Canadian Studies Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- Partnership Grants by Social Science and Humanities Research Council in Canada
- Ontario Trillium Scholarship
What are the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (CGS)?
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (CGS) for international students aim to attract students to apply and pursue doctoral studies in Candian Universities. CGS provides around US$51,000 every year to every international student while they live and study in Canada.
What are the benefits of Vanier Graduate Scholarships (CGS)?
International Students who wish to apply for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (CGS) get an opportunity to complete their Ph.D. at their preferred University. Tuition will be fully or partially sponsored by the CGS Canadian Graduate scholarship.
Courses Offered under Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship Scheme:
Vanier Graduate Scholarship by the Canadian government will be equally awarded to the students of the following disciplines:
- Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) and Social Sciences
- Health Research (CIHR) of Canadian Institutes
- Engineering Research Council (NSERC) and Natural Sciences
Are you Eligible to apply for a Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS)?
To be eligible to apply for the Scholarships, you must meet all the requisites of admission and scholarship award mentioned by the nominating institution.
Applicants that do not meet all the eligibility criteria for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (CGS) will not be accepted.
- Applicant must not hold Fellowship or Ph.D. level scholarship from SSHRC, CIHR, or NSERC to complete or undertake a Ph.D. program elsewhere
- The candidate must have an outstanding educational record
- The applicant must have an acceptance letter or invitation letter from the professor of nominating university
- Must be pursuing his first doctoral degree
Eligibility of Regions for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS): Open to all
How to apply for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (CGS)?
Below is the step-by-step procedure to apply for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS):
Applicants interested in applying for the scholarship must submit two online applications. They are:
- CCV account – You are required to create an account first and the system will help you to create your resume
- ResearchNet account – This is the second account applicants will create to be able to upload all the required documents and submit their scholarship applications.
Applications are initiated in one of two ways. Either:
- The student informs the faculty of graduate studies at the selected institution of their intent to apply to the Vanier CGS program; or
- The institution initiates the nomination process by contacting the desired candidate.
- Applications are compiled by the student and submitted to the nominating institution using the ResearchNet application system by their internal deadline (set in ResearchNet by the nominating institution).
- The nominating institution performs the internal candidate selection process.
- The nominating institution forwards recommended nominations to the Vanier-Banting Secretariat (the Secretariat) by November 3, 2021 (20:00 Eastern Time).
- The Secretariat coordinates the review process.
- The Secretariat presents the recommendations to the Tri-Agency Programs (TAP) Steering Committee.
- The TAP Steering Committee endorses and approves final decisions for the Vanier CGS program.
- Nominated candidates are notified of the competition results in April 2022.
Documents required for CGS Online Application?
- Well-formatted and detailed research proposals or study plans.
- All certifications, transcripts, and degrees, are also needed for online application for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS)
Other supporting documents may include a motivation letter, statement of purpose, and resume.
The announcement of Selected Applications for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS)
Successful applications whose application stands out will be nominated by the University for Canada Graduate Scholarship sponsored by Vanier. Soon after the announcement of the results, applicants will get a confirmation of receipt by email. If you don’t get this confirmation email, contact the staff of graduate investigations to decide the status of your application/nomination.
Deadline of Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS)
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS) is open every year for all international students and the application deadline is November 3, 2021.
There are two deadlines for the 2020-2021 competition:
- Institution internal deadline: Following the student’s identification in ResearchNet of the institution proposed for doctoral study (see Task 10), additional deadline date and time will appear at the top of each page. This is the deadline by which your application must be submitted to the institution through ResearchNet. This deadline is set and controlled by each institution. You will not be able to submit your application past this precise date and time.
- Program deadline: Institutions must forward their selected nominations to the Vanier CGS program by November 3, 2020 (20:00 Eastern Time).
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS) is currently open for all international students who will be interested in an opportunity to apply online for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS) before the deadline.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.