Young talents who have a passion for international development and the leadership potential to grow in the World Bank Group (WBG) can apply and benefit from the World Bank Young Professional program 2022-2023.
For anyone seeking an opportunity to start an exciting career at the World Bank Group, The Young Professionals Program (YPP) is a unique opportunity for highly qualified and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to WBG technical/operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources, and others.
The program is highly selective and to be competitive, candidates need to demonstrate a commitment to development, proven academic success, professional achievement, and leadership capability.
In this post, you’ll get to know everything you need to know about the world bank young professional program 2022, level/field of study, host nationality, level, eligible requirements, the application process, and timetable.
What You Need To Know About The World Bank Young Professionals Program 2022
Every year, around 45 applicants are accepted into the program. Young Professionals are offered a five-year renewable term contract, spend 24 months in a structured development program, and enjoy a variety of benefits and opportunities
LEVEL / FIELD OF STUDY
This opportunity is open to young professionals who have the vision of working with the world bank group.
USA and France.
This opportunity is open to all nationalities
- Salary: As an entry-level professionals in the WBG, Young Professionals are offered an internationally competitive salary, based on their education and professional experience.
- Health, Life, Accident, and Other Insurance Programs: Young Professionals and their families (including declared domestic partners) may choose from three comprehensive medical/dental benefit plans.
- Pension Plan: The WBG sponsors a comprehensive pension plan for eligible staff. Upon separation from the WBG, either a lump sum or a pension will become payable to the staff based on eligibility.
- Benefits: These benefits are only applicable to staff who are not residents of the greater Washington-Baltimore metropolitan area at the time of appointment.
- Relocation Travel: The World Bank will bear the cost of one-way transportation of staff and immediate dependent family from the staff member’s residence.
- Relocation Grant: A one-time grant is included in the first paycheck to cover the cost of relocation.
- Mobility Premium: A financial benefit is provided for a fixed period to cover expenses associated with being an expatriate staff member, based on family size and nationality. This benefit is not available for U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents who are based in Washington, DC.
- Relocation Shipment: You may choose to have the World Bank handle your shipping arrangements or you may elect the Optional Shipment Grant.
- Tax Allowance: U.S. staff receive an additional quarterly payment to cover the federal, state, and local income tax liabilities on their World Bank Group income.
- Financial Assistance: The World Bank Group offers several financial assistance programs, including a two-year interest-free settling-in loan to those who relocate upon appointment.
World Bank Young Professionals Program Eligibility
The following are the minimum requirements to be eligible for the Young Professionals Program.
- Citizenship of a member country of the World Bank Group
- Be born on or after October 1, 1986
- A Ph.D. or Master’s degree and relevant work experience
Fluency in English
- Full proficiency in one or more of the WBG’s working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
- Specialization in a field relevant to the WBG Technical/Operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources, and others
- At least three years of relevant professional experience related to the development or continued academic study at the doctoral level
To be competitive for the limited number of positions, a combination of the following credentials is highly desirable:
- Display a commitment and passion for international development
- Possess outstanding academic credentials
- Exhibit excellent client engagement and team leadership skills
- Have international development country experience
World Bank Young Professionals Program APPLICATION PROCESS
- The application for the 2022 Selection Process for the Young Professionals Program at the World Bank is open from June 14 – July 31, 2022.
- Before You Apply, please ensure that:
- You meet the minimum requirements for eligibility for the Young Professionals Program and,
- You have all the information at hand including key dates, an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), Education Certificates/Transcripts, Ph.D. Dissertation/Master’s Thesis topics (short summary), if applicable, and the Application Essay ready to be uploaded
Application Deadline: July 31, 2022
Competition is keen. We receive thousands of applications for a limited number of positions. Most candidates exceed the minimum criteria.
World Bank Young Professionals Program Time table
- June–July: Application period
- June–September: Review of applications to ensure that candidates meet the eligibility criteria. Update of status to all candidates (candidates moving to the second round and those who are not moving forward)
- October: Technical review of second-round candidates. This review takes a closer look into the application packages and determines those candidates who will be selected for interviews
- mid-November–late December: Status update to candidates (those invited to interviews and those who are not moving forward). Interviews at WBG headquarters in Washington, D.C., USA, Paris, and France
- December–January: YPP interviews: learn more about the YPP interview process
- February: Decisions and offers
- September: New YP cohorts start
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.