It is a huge accomplishment as a student to attend college. However, it is well known that the price of a degree can occasionally leave students with a foul taste in their mouths and we are not just talking about tuition.
As a student, you notice that every time you turn around; Pay for textbooks, new software, or something else. Luckily, there are some pretty handy ways you can save while you study.
Zipcar Student Discount in 2023 is one way to save while on campus. Looking to run errands, grab groceries, or ditch campus for a long weekend? While you don’t need a car every day, sometimes it would be nice to have one.
For instance, when you want to escape your college town for the weekend, or just if you need to get a big load of groceries back to your dorm, Zipcar Student Discount in 2023 is here to help you save.
Zipcar Student Discount in 2023 makes it convenient for students to enjoy the car-sharing service while in school. In the past, using a car rental service was the only way to get a vehicle for a brief period of time.
If you have ever tried to hire a car as a student, you will know that some rental car agencies are not very accommodating to students.
To qualify for the Zipcar student discount in 2023, you must be at least 18 years old and enrolled at a partnered university. Has Zipcar verified your school-issued email? Zipcars is living at over 500 universities across North America.
Zipcar is an American car-sharing company and a subsidiary of Avis Budget Group. Also, Zipcar provides automobile reservations to its members, billable by minute, hour, or day; members may have to pay a monthly or annual membership fee in addition to car reservation charges.
Zipcar was founded in 2000. In September 2016, Zipcar announced it had 1 million members across 500 cities in 9 countries, and offered nearly 10,000 vehicles.
Members can reserve vehicles with Zipcar’s mobile app, online, or in some places by phone at any time, either immediately or up to a year in advance. Zipcar members have automated access to the cars using an access card that unlocks the door; the keys are already located inside.
Alternatively, members can use Zipcar’s Android or iPhone app to locate a Zipcar by honking its horn as well as to unlock the doors. Zipcar charges a one-time application fee, an annual fee, and a reservation charge. Fuel, parking, insurance, and maintenance are included in the price.
You can also read: How to Get an HP Student Discount Code in 2022 Fast
Does Zipcar have a student discount in 2023?
College students are entitled to a discount on their normal plan through Zipcar’s student discount program, so you can drive away with a great deal of savings there.
Simply confirm your academic email address to get your special Zipcar discount code for a less expensive Zipcar day rental for all of your commuting needs.
Who Qualifies for Zipcar Student Discount in 2023?
There are a few basic eligibility requirements that qualify one for a Zipcar student discount in 2023:
- You must be at least 18 years old to begin. There are the first criteria that qualify you for Zipcar student discounts.
- You must provide a valid driver’s license, issued by the appropriate authority.
- You must have a spotless driving history. They merely want to confirm your driving safety. One speeding ticket won’t automatically disqualify you, but multiple tickets within the past two years will. And of course, Zipcar won’t allow you to utilize their platform if you have any significant traffic infractions (such as reckless driving, hit-and-run, etc.).
- You must have a valid .edu email account and be a current student enrolled in the university. While some colleges provide alumni discounts on Zipcar, the Zipcar student discounts in 2023 are only offered to current students.
- Visit your university’s website or the official Zipcar for Universities page and search for your institution to find out if it offers Zipcars.
How Do I Get Zipcar Student Discounts in 2023?
Even if you’ve heard of Zipcar, you might not realize that they provide a plan just for students. The pricing and terms of this plan are practically exact replicas of those of normal Zipcar plans and pricing.
The primary distinction is that Zipcar has partnered with institutions to provide the plan to students who are at least 18 years old. This differs from the standard Zipcar service, which typically restricts rentals to those who are at least 21.
To get started, visit zipcar.com and search for your university in the search bar. You will then be taken to the university’s Zipcar sign-up page, where you will join the student plan. When you create a Zipcar account through your university, you’ll get the Zipcar student discount on the regular plan.
Then, you need to create an account using your school email address, password, and phone number. Following that, Zipcar will check your eligibility by asking you a few questions.
You must upload a copy of your driver’s license to help Zipcar verify you are at least 18 years of age. Zipcar will look into your driving history to ensure you’re a safe driver.
You will now need to make a yearly membership fee payment. You will get a reduced membership fee. Normally, it would cost $70 per year for a Zipcar. However, as a student, you only pay the Zipcar student discount in 2023 at $15 per year.
You can also read: How to Get Urban Outfitters Student Discount in 2023
The membership fee covers your access to the Zipcar service. This includes your Zipcard, gas card, and extras like insurance and roadside assistance. Additionally, by charging this fee, Zipcar can continue to develop and maintain its platform.
After all, this is done and Zipcar confirms your driving record to be good. Your application will be confirmed and a Zipcard will be sent to you in your mail.
The card you use to unlock Zipcars.
Getting a car is simple after you have your Zipcard. All you need to do is open the Zipcar app, search for a car nearby, and select the day and time you want to reserve it. then make your reservation with a few taps.
When you are ready to use the car, locate the parking space where it is and walk over to it. To unlock the car, approach it and tap your Zipcard against the card reader built into the windshield. Take a look around once you’re inside, make sure everything is in working order, and take note of the gas card that was provided, which is located under the driver’s side visor.
Once you’ve finished using it, bring it back to the parking space where you picked it up. For the sake of the next driver, leave at least a quarter of a tank of fuel.
Check Also; How to Get Lulus Student Discount in 2023
Alternative ways to enjoy savings tips on Zipcar.
- Save 20% by purchasing a yearly membership.
- Get discounts for referring friends.
- Be on the lookout for seasonal promotions/deals that can save you up to $50 on membership.
- Prior to making a membership payment, you can sign up for a 30-day trial.
- Follow Zipcar on social media: Often Zipcar releases special deals to their followers on their Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages.
- Check Amazon for Zipcar items: Amazon sells Zipcar products at discounted prices and Prime members can receive free shipping. Check Zipcar deals on Amazon
- Shop used Zipcar items on eBay: It may be worth checking eBay for used Zipcar products if you can’t find a deal elsewhere. Check Zipcar deals on eBay
Promo code and coupon
With the appropriate Zipcar discount code, you may simply reduce your daily Zipcar charge. Visit the website frequently to take advantage of the brand’s promotions before they expire or sell out.
For timely updates and promotions, and to take advantage of any app-only Zipcar coupon deals, sign up for the platform as a member and download the app from Google Play or the Apple App Store.
Related Article: How to Get a Spotify Student Discount in 2022 Fast.
How can I make a reservation on Zipcar?
Reservations can be made on the website or via their iPhone and Android mobile apps.
It’s quite simple to reserve your first Zipcar! Wait for approval after submitting an online application and a valid driver’s license. Once your account is created, you may quickly reserve your first car by the hour or by the day.
Once you’re done, park the car where you picked it up, and use the app to stop the trip. You can even use their handy trip calculator to determine the overall cost before you drive off.
Visit this page to learn more about booking a Zipcar.
What are Zipcar refund policies?
You won’t be charged additional fees if you reschedule or cancel your trip with sufficient notice, and you’ll get a refund for the original cost of the trip.
If you need to change your reservation, do so within the following time frame to ensure you get the full refund:
- Within 30 minutes of creating a trip.
- Up to 3 hours before the start time (for trips less than 8 hours in length).
- At least 24 hours in advance (for trips greater than 8 hours in length).
Otherwise, you won’t be eligible for a refund. For more on the refund policy, visit here.
Zipcar Benefits for University
- Reduces demand for on-campus parking; alleviates congestion.
- A sustainable alternative transportation solution that reduces your carbon footprint.
- Turnkey program includes everything you need, even gas and insurance.
- Flexible programs for faculty and staff.
- Simple online application and approval process.
Zipcar Benefits for students
- Self-service access to cars all days of the week.
- Low hourly and daily rates include gas and insurance.
- Book online or using your mobile device – in seconds.
- Cars are located right on campus.
- Good for the environment.
Zipcar offers on-demand car sharing on university campuses across the United States.
They are the most student-friendly car rental company on campuses which helps a student to live a normal life on a student budget, thanks to the ‘Zipcar student discounts in 2023’.
Frequently Ask Questions
Yes. Zipcar accepts licenses from all over the world. Just apply online with a valid driver’s license. Most members are approved instantly and can book a trip within minutes.
The cost of the membership fee is the primary difference. Students that enroll through their university pay a lesser cost. Additionally, rather than needing to be 21 years old, students using Zipcar through their university just need to be 18 years old.
Yes, you and your friend will each receive $25 in driving credit through the Zipcar referral program if you invite a friend to reserve one of their cars. You are allowed to recommend as many friends as you want, which results in limitless savings on subsequent rides. As a way to get even more discounts, be sure to let your friends know about this page.
Once you’ve booked your Zipcar rental car, it will come equipped with a gasoline card that can be used to pay for gas in the visor above the driver’s seat. At the end of your trip, make sure you return your car with at least a quarter tank of gas.
- forbes.com – Zipcar promo codes.
- forbes.com – The new school.
- en.m.wikipedia.org – Zipcar – Wikipedia.
- ridester.com Zipcar for students.
- How To Get Capital One Student Credit Card In 2023
- $5,000 Amazon Student Scholarship program 2023
- How to Get Nike Student Discount in 2023
- How to Get Adidas Student Discount in 2023
- How to Get Hellofresh Student Discount in 2023
- How to Get Lulus Student Discount in 2023
- Free high school Diploma online at no cost for adults
- How Do I Get LA Fitness Student Discount in 2023
- How to Get Bed Bath and Beyond Student Discount in 2023
- Rbc scholarship in Canada 2023
- How Do I Get Peacock Student Discount in 2023?
- How To Get Planet Fitness Student Discount in 2023
- 10 best summer jobs for college students in 2023
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.