Students seeking to study at Global Cyber university should read on to know about the courses, admission, tuition, and acceptance rate.
Just like the word “Global” means, this university is an international community dedicated to grooming students to have a global mindset that enables them to create solutions to the problems facing Earth and humanity.
In March 2022, Popular Korean Jungkook announced that he has graduated from the Global Cyber University with the highest honor- the ‘President’s Award’. He was a student of the Broadcasting & Entertainment department at the university. The K-pop idol was unable to attend the graduation ceremony but sent a video accepting the Presidential Award.
This post contains everything you need to know about the Global Cyber University, why you should choose Global Cyber University, acceptance rate, programs, admission requirements, eligibility, how to apply, and tuition and living costs.
READ ALSO: Delete Cyber-bullying Scholarship 2021
Study at Global Cyber University
Global Cyber University
Global Cyber University is a Global Cyber University (GCU) based on the Hongik ideal. Internationally, it is also known as BTS University abroad. Among the 7 members of global sensations; BTS, 6 of them were students from Global Cyber University.
At Global Cyber University, it is believed that education is central to the way people live their lives therefore, they hope to show the world the deep meaning of Korean culture.
In addition, the mode of study has changed to adapt the curriculum and study schedules to suit personal needs. This has made advanced studies more easier and accessible.
Global Cyber University seeks to offer the same ease of access as other online universities, which means you can take advantage of the benefits that e-education offers students. They also practically promote Hallyu culture (or K-Culture) around the world.
Why Should I Choose Global Cyber University?
At Global Cyber University, they work to contribute to the world’s cultural information and advancement, like any other university.
Additionally, Global Cyber University tries to help people harness their talents for the benefit of the whole world and to live what they call the Hongik ideal.
Global Cyber University nurtures creative people to develop talents and dreams through popular art and culture and connect with the world.
In this way, it promotes Korean culture and spreads Hallyu through them.
At Global Cyber University, it is equally believed that education is central to the way people live their lives, and far more important than the type of smartphone an individual chooses or the TV shows they watch.
Global Cyber University hopes to show the world the deep meaning of Korean culture and this can be made possible through internet-based education and digital technology which makes it possible for most people to access some form of education, regardless of their financial situation and lifestyle.
Also, a growing number of older adults are now seeking additional education to expand their knowledge and careers.
The way people study has now changed as they adapt to a curriculum and study schedules that suits their own needs. It made advanced studies more accessible and easier to do.
Global Cyber University aims to join this rapidly developing educational phenomenon by offering the same ease of access as other online universities.
Isolation of students is a possible negative effect of Internet-based education is the. Though some traditional universities have student classrooms that interact with each other, cyber students have no physical contact with instructors and other students and maybe left alone with their learning.
Yet, Global Cyber university’s goal is to create links between people for the benefit of humanity.
Though their fellow students may be on the other side of the world, Global Cyber University’s approach and support for problem-solving and collaborative learning via the Internet encourages their students to get even closer than they would do in a traditional classroom.
What is Global Cyber University Ranked for?
Global Cyber University is ranked high for its ability to help people develop their talents and reach their full potential.
These teachings have been turned into a dynamic personal development system that helps people around the world to live better lives.
In July 2018, GCU received the “Emotional Labor Healing 365Campaign” award, an award for excellence that has been running continuously for the last four years from Korea Occupational Safety and Health Agency.
Is Global Cyber University Accredited?
Yes, Global Cyber University is accredited as a 4-year-course university by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology together with Higher Education Act accredited Cyber University.
This university has six majors and three departments.
Study at Global Cyber University
What is Global Cyber University Acceptance Rate?
The acceptance rate of Global Cyber University is 96.3%. It is high and you have a greater chance of getting admission if you apply to the university.
The academic year of 2010, had the third-highest number of freshman intakes amongst all the Cyber Universities in Korea.
What are the Programs Global Cyber University Offer?
Global Cyber University, as a global professional institution for higher education in the 21st century, offers programs that help students discover and nurture cultural talent.
They plan to establish themselves as an alma mater at the center of world cultural exchange in order to achieve this mission.
They aim to achieve this through the following programs:
- Counseling Psychology
- Brain Education Convergence
- Sports & Health
- Brain-based Emotion Coaching
- Practical English
- AI Convergence
- Convergence Contents
- Entertainment & Media
- Convergence Management
- Oriental Studies
- Interdisciplinary- Major
- Dementia Care
- Global K-Culture
How Do I Get Admission Into Global Cyber University?
Admissions at Global Cyber University are processed in Korean. All courses are also taught in Korean too.
There is no language requirements, hence; there’s no need to provide scores on a Korean language proficiency test.
However, it’s important that you can speak and understand Korean at a certain level as this will allow you to make the most of your assignments, classes, and exams.
Below are the admission requirements for First Year, Second Year Transfer, and Third Year Transfer Students
Admission Requirements First-Year Students
- High school graduate (or expected graduate)
- An applicant who passed the high school equivalency test
- An applicant recognized as having the educational equivalent to above by law
Admission Requirements Second-Year Students
- Applicants who have graduated (or are expected to graduate) from college and are recognized as having the equivalent educational background under the law.
- Applicants who have completed at least two semesters of college and have earned 35 or more credits.
- Applicants who have earned 35 or more credits under the Act of Credit Recognition.
Admission Requirements Third-Year Students
- Applicants who have graduated (or are expected to graduate) from college and are recognized as having the educational equivalent background under the law.
- Applicants who have completed at least four semesters of college and have earned 70 or more credits
- Applicants who have earned 70 or more credits under the Act on Credit Recognition.
Eligibility for General and Special Admissions
Students will be accepted under special admissions when the applicant’s conditions and special career (life experience) are in accordance with certain guidelines.
Applicants who meet the common qualifications above and wish to apply for special admissions must meet the following conditions in order to be accepted.
Eligibility for Transfer Students
- Credits will be accepted once the associate department has submitted and reviewed the transcripts from the previous college.
- Second-year transfer students can receive up to 35 credits and third-year transfer students can receive up to 70 credits.
- Depending on the previous university’s field of study and the transfer department’s field of study, credits are recognized as a cultural choice, primary choice, or general choice courses.
- Course notes are not accepted, only course credits are accepted.
- The remaining credits that are not recognized as primary and cultural elective credits are considered general elective credits.
How to Apply for Global Cyber University Admission
Registration is carried out according to procedures
After enrolling in the semester courses, students must pay tuition fees and can only modify or cancel the courses they have chosen during the course correction period.
Below is the process to follow if you want to apply for admission into Global Cyber University.
Submit Online Application:
- Go to http://go.global.ac.kr
- Fill out the application form completely and save it.
- Make application fee payment (KRW 30,000)
- Fill out Study Plan and Academic Aptitude Test
- Official entire years of transcripts for high school (Translated and notarized)
- If you graduated in different countries for elementary school, middle school, and high school,
- you need to submit all official transcripts of them (elementary school, middle school, and high school).
- Official High School Diploma (Translated and notarized)
- Official Agreement for Enrollment and Academic Credits (Attached file)
- Academic History Verification Report or the Verification of Apostille
- Please contact education-related public institutions or the applicant’s embassy or consulate for information about the Academic History Verification Report
- A 3×4 inches of applicant’s photo
- Online GCU Application Form (Download)
- Copy of passport
The school conducts this privately.
Interview (Offline or Online):
Further notice will be given
Further notice will be given
Tuition Payment (in KRW):
Entrance Fee: KRW 166,000
Course Fee: KRW 70,000 per credit
Total course fee per semester (18 credits for 6 courses): KRW 1,260,000
Payment Methods: Credit Cards or Wire Transfers
The scholarship will be informed with individual request right before filling out the application
- Entrance Ceremony
- Orientation for each department
Is Global Cyber University Expensive? Tuition and Living Cost
Global Cyber University is not expensive, since it’s a new school.
Their tuition is also quite affordable for any student on a low budget.
Here are the standard tuition fees of Global Cyber University:
- Entrance Fee: KRW 166,000
- Course Fee: KRW 70,000 per credit
- Total course fee per semester (18 credits for 6 courses): KRW 1,260,000
Their Payments is made through Credit Cards or Wire Transfers
Thorough practical training that combines real training environment and field lecturers, Global Cyber University helps build responsible career management students.
If you’re yet to study at Global Cyber University, follow through with our Global Cyber University full review.
Official School Website
For more information about Global Cyber University, click the button below to visit the school’s official school website.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships 2021
Welcome Award for Global Health & Social Justice MSc 2021
Surgery Online Global Scholarships at the University of Edinburgh 2021
MIT Transfer Acceptance Rate and Tuition in 2021
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.