Centennial college is one of the oldest schools in Ontario, Canada. It was established in 1966 and is funded by the public. It has its campuses in Scarborough and its new aerospace center at Downsview Park in North York. Cultural diversity is one of its main features as about 100 ethnic groups are represented with about 80 languages spoken on campus. The college has about 45000 students with 26000 offers full-time programs and 19000 on part-time. Centennial college tuition varies largely between local and international students. While tuition fee for locals ranges between $2000 and $7000, that of international students is between $14000 to $27000. The gap in the ranges is as a result of varied tuition fees for different programs. The college runs more than 260 programs.
Centennial College Tuition 2022
The structure of Centennial college tuition is based on the type of students, local or international, and the program of study. Canadian students’ fees are less compared to their international counterparts. Some programs attract higher fees while others are lesser. The categories of the fees are basic tuition fees and ancillary tuition fees.
Basic Tuition Fees
A brief overview of Centennial college tuition is as follows:
- International students offering Nursing programs pay an average of $26000 yearly while the locals pay about $6000.
- Centennial college tuition for locals offering Post-secondary programs is about $3000 while international students pay an average of $14000 annually.
- International students of the Applied Information Technology degree program pay a tuition fee of around $18000 while the local students $7000 every year.
- Public Relations Management degree program has a tuition fee of about $6000 for Canadian students while their international counterparts pay almost $18000 per annum.
- The tuition fee for international students in the School of Engineering Technology & School of Transportation Post-secondary programs is an average of $15000 per annum.
Ancillary Tuition Fees
Other Centennial college tuition fees are Ancillary fees and Apprenticeship fees.
Students pay ancillary fees to the college for support services rendered to the student by the college. These fees vary with programs. However, a student can opt out during registration. Ancillary fees in Centennial college tuition are
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Student Buildings
- Health and Counseling
- Academic Support
- Student Achievement and Records
- Student ID Cards
- Alumni etc.
Further detail on ancillary fees can be found on the school website on the ancillary fees page
Apprenticeship Tuition Fees
Apprentices pay Apprenticeship fees to the college for training. The fee is about $2000 which varies slightly depending on the apprenticeship training being offered and it is for Canadian students only.
Centennial College Cost of Living
Centennial college tuition for housing is flexible as it has options for students that prefer to live in the on-campus residence as well as those that are better off with living off-campus. This is as a result of the college having it as one of their priorities to ensure that students, especially international students, are comfortable in their new homes. However, students should read and understand the contracts and acts guiding whichever choice they make so as to know their rights.
Students that prefer on-campus residence, have access to the wonderful facilities and features with which Centennial college prides itself in providing its students with a home away from home. Some of the features include a fully furnished bedroom, study desk and chair, couch, side chair, and coffee table, full kitchen with full-sized refrigerator, in-suite heating, and air conditioning controls, etc. All these are available to the student at the rate of $12000 per annum.
The cost of living for off-campus students in a month spans between $700 to $1000 per month depending on the neighborhood, and frequency of feeding, transportation, and personal needs.
More so, one pays additional sales tax when purchasing many goods and items in Canada.
Centennial College Scholarships 2022
Centennial college tuition for students on scholarship also exists. Individuals or corporations donate funds to support people who cannot shoulder the financial involvement of their career pursuit in college. There are about three categories of scholarships available in the college. They are scholarships available to
- All Students
- International Students only
- Citizens, permanent residents, and protected persons only
Among the scholarships available to all students, few are
- Brandon Ramdial Building Leaders Scholarship. Prospective beneficiaries of this scholarship are students in their second or third year of a Ministry-approved Post-secondary program. The student must have a cumulative GPA not less than 3.0 and must be someone that acts as a role model.
- Centennial College Libraries Scholarship. This is for students in their second, third or fourth year offering a ministry-approved Post-secondary program. The student must a minimum of 3.5 CGPA and must provide evidence of library services used.
- Lesley Russell Scholarship. This like others must be for students offering a ministry-approved Post-secondary program. The student must be in the second year with a minimum CGPA of 3.5. The student must submit an outline of adversities he or she faced and how he or she overcame them.
Scholarships available to international students only include but are not limited to
- International Scholarship for Leadership. Eligible applicants are international students in their second or third year of the Ministry-approved Post-secondary program, with a minimum CGPA of 3.0. Students must provide proof of leadership activities in the college or community.
- Luigi and Italia Cavallaro Scholarship. This is peculiar in the sense that asides from other criteria which include being an international student with a minimum CGPA of 3.0 in the second year of a ministry-approved Post-secondary program, students must be first-generation students. A First-generation student is a student whose parents never attended college or university.
More detail about these scholarships can be viewed on the college website on the scholarships page.
Most of the scholarships are for full-time students with values ranging from $1000 to $2000.
In conclusion, Centennial College tuition is structured to accommodate every student that wishes to study in a comfortable and friendly environment. Its goal is to provide its students with a home-away-from-home environment while exploring the rich diversity and learning made easy resources in the school. Studying at Centennial college will really be an experience to have.
Please visit the Official Website of Centennial College to get more details about the school.
You can also check out a list of other Scholarships In Canada.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.