Name of Scholarship:
Honjo International Foundation Scholarships, University of Tokyo, Japan
Outstanding aspirants from all around the world are invited to apply for the Honjo International Foundation Scholarships to study in Japan. Administered by the University of Tokyo, the program is open for the academic year 2022-2023.
The fund is established for those skilled candidates who will commence in the graduate degree coursework at the University. The grant is open to provide long-term scholarship assistance from high school students to university graduation.
Type of Scholarship:
Eligibility to Apply for Honjo International Foundation Scholarship:
To be Eligible the Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must be an international student.
- Those who are not Japanese nationals.
- The grant is open for privately financed international students who will be enrolled in a graduate school in Japan in fall 2022.
- Those planning to enroll are also applicable.
- Candidates must commit themselves to work in their home country after graduation as well as take part in foundations events and the alumni network.
- Candidates must be able to communicate well in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese.
Benefits of the Scholarship Programs
There are various types of admission scholarships open, which will be awarded as follows:
- Duration of 1-2 year with 200,000 JPY/month
- Duration of 3 years with 180,000 JPY/month
- Duration of 4-5 years with 150,000 JPY/month
Acceptable Courses and Subject
The University offers these grants for studying the graduate degree coursework in the following fields:
- Humanities and Sociology
- Law and Politics
- Arts and Sciences
- Agricultural and Life Sciences
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Frontier Sciences
- Information Science and Technology
- Interdisciplinary Information Studies
- Public Policy
Scholarship Application Process:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
If you are interested in this studentship, then you are recommended to take admission in the graduate degree coursework at the University of Tokyo. For applying to the bachelor’s degree, seekers are required to submit the course application. Other information can be found on this website.
Step 2: Apply for the scholarship
You are needed to check if you qualify for the application from the application guidelines below. Input necessary information from <Scholarship Web Application System> and upload necessary documents.
After the application is completed, a receipt number will be issued, and the application will be automatically created with the entered information. Save the application file. The announcement will be posted on the website with the acceptance number.
Step 3: Submit required documents
- High school degree certificate
- Transcripts of the current school
- Transcripts of the previous school (only if requested)
- Post-secondary transcript
- Official test scores
- Resume/curriculum vitae
For studying in Japan, you are needed to hold your visa. The University of Tokyo provides visa consulting services for international students and foreign researchers throughout the University in order to respond promptly to questions about visa status.
Those who have previously studied Japanese are required to submit a certificate of Japanese language proficiency. For those other than graduates of colleges and universities and academic degree holders.
It is necessary to submit either a certificate verifying that the student has achieved at least the fourth level of the Japanese Language Proficiency Examination or has completed more than 150 hours of Japanese language study.
The application deadline is April 30th, 2022.
Contact email or phone number: email@example.com or 04-7136-4561
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.