Are you seeking scholarships to study in Taiwan? Then you’re on the right post. Taiwan Government International Scholarship Program 2022 is here to fulfill your dreams.
The Taiwan Government International Scholarship is bestowed by the Ministry of Education (MOE) to support exceptional Nigerian students (except students from Mainland China, Hong Kong, and Macau) to pursue degree programs in Taiwan. It is no doubt that Nigeria ranks as Taiwan’s 3rd largest trading partner, following Angola and South Africa among African nations. They, therefore, offer the privilege to select from a wide range of disciplines, courses to be studied at the universities in Taiwan.
This scholarship promotes people-to-people relationships between Nigeria and Taiwan and subsequently increases bilateral academic and educational links of higher learning. Similarly, the major focus of this scheme is to build exceptional professionals and experts to provide solutions globally.
And guess what? The scholarship is simplified such that you don’t require a professor for an acceptance letter!
Above all, the decision is yours as not many know about this.
Sponsors: The Taiwan Scholarship Program is founded and funded by three government agencies of the Republic of China (Taiwan); the Ministry of Education (MOE), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), and the National Science Council of the Executive Yuan (NSC).
Number of Awardees: 3
Total Scholarships: a total of 2,000 scholarships are available! Isn’t that impressive?
Taiwan Government International Scholarship Program 2022
Tuition and related fees:
MOE is responsible for providing tuition fees for about NTD$40,000 per semester. But any extra expense made in the university/college has to be covered by the student. Also, the Tuition and academic fees exclude administrative fees, thesis advising fees, insurance premiums, accommodation, and internet access fees, which are all payable by the recipient.
(a) Undergraduate or LEP: A monthly stipend of NTD15,000 (approximately US$500);
(b) Master : A monthly stipend of NTD20,000 (approximately US$667) ;
(c) Doctoral : A monthly stipend of NTD20,000 (approximately US$667).
Most importantly, the monthly stipends are given to recipients by their university/college. And these stipends are disbursed from the commencement of the recipient’s month of registration on campus and terminate at the end of the program, recipient’s graduation, withdrawal, suspension, expulsion, or revocation of the scholarship.
Duration of Scholarships
Firstly, Undergraduate program: maximum 4 years;
Secondly, the Master program: maximum of 2 years;
Thirdly, the Doctoral program: a maximum of 4 years.
Lastly, LEP: maximum of 1 year.
Moreover, after successful completion of any program, the student can subsequently apply for another Taiwan Government International Scholarship for a higher degree as long as the program is within 5 (five) years.
I must say that’s a Plus!
Taiwan Government International Scholarship Eligibility
The following criteria are noteworthy as an applicant;
- High school graduate or above, with exceptional academic performance in the latest formal academic experience, be of good moral character without criminal records.
- Citizen of Federal Republic of Nigeria;
- Not a citizen of the Republic of China (Taiwan);
- Not a R.O.C. (Taiwan) Overseas Compatriot student;
- Has never registered in Taiwan for the same level of degree studies;
- Even more, should not be an exchange student in accordance with any agreements of cooperation between an international university/college and an educational institute in Taiwan, at the time of receiving a Taiwan Scholarship;
- Has previously never received the scholarship to undertake any degree programs exceeding the total award period of 5 years;
- Has never been disqualified from a Taiwan Scholarship;
- Is not receiving any other scholarship or subsidy granted by the Taiwan government or by any other educational institution in Taiwan.
Eligible Countries: All International students are eligible (except students from Mainland China, Hong Kong, and Macau).
Eligible Universities: Applicants must directly apply to the universities/colleges at their stipulated timelines for admission and also to Taiwan Scholarship.
So here is a list of Eligible Universities.
Eligible faculties in Taiwan Scholarship 2022 for International Students are Science, Arts, Engineering, Management, etc.
Meanwhile, You could get more from other scholarship platforms;
NDDC Scholarship 2020 | NDDC Scholarship Application Form
Bill and Melinda Gates Scholarship 2020
NLNG Scholarships 2020 | NLNG Scholarship Application
But of course, We get back to Taiwan!
Taiwan Government International Scholarship Application Documents
- A carefully completed Taiwan Scholarship Application form
- A photocopy of the Nigeria passport of the applicant
- A photocopy of diploma and transcript of highest degree obtained (documents must be in English or Chinese and must be authenticated by a Taiwan representative office.)
- A photocopy of application for admission to a participating university in Taiwan
- A photocopy of language proficiency proof:
(a) Firstly, Applications for none all – English study programs: Photocopy of a score report or certificate of Level 3 completion or above on the “Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language” (TOCFL).
(b) Or Applications for all English study programs: If English is not your native language, a score report for an English proficiency exam, such as the TOEFL, is required.
- While Applicants who apply to a program not included in the Ministry of Education’s English Program List must provide a photocopy of an all English program proof document issued by their intended university/college in Taiwan.
- Two reference letters, signed and sealed in envelopes.
- Conclusively, a completed “Taiwan Scholarship Terms of Agreement”.
It’s a step away, prepare, and apply!
Likewise, be conscious of these deadlines as listed.
Duration of Award
From September 1, 2022, through to the end of the specific study period as stipulated earlier.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2022, annually
Selection & Notification of Application Result:
Ultimately, the selection process comprises a detailed review of documents and may include an interview.
Subsequently, notification of scholarship to recipients is forwarded by May 31, 2022.
Thirdly, successful recipients of the Taiwan Scholarship are required to submit proof/letter of admission to their university/college via Taipei Trade Office by June 30, 2022.
Finally, Immediately after admission is confirmed, Taipei Trade Office issues an official Certificate of Scholarship to the successful recipient.
As simplified as Possible! Don’t hesitate.
For more information and Inquiries; visit the Taiwan Scholarship Website.
Taipei Trade Office in Nigeria
P.O. Box: P.M.B. 40028 Falomo, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria
Office Address: 23AB Thompson Ave, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria
Office Tel: (002-234)814-690-7484 (Office hours only)
Or Call 07035149615.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.