International students can apply for the Turkey Government Scholarships 2023 to study Undergrad, Master, and Ph.D. programs in Turkish Universities for free.
The Turkey government is responsible for offering Turkish Scholarships. It is sponsored by Turkiye Burslari Scholarship Scheme for International Students to study for free at Turkish Universities.
This post contains detailed information on the Turkey government scholarship 2023, the benefits of Turkey burslari scholarship, when to apply, scholarship worth, scholarship eligibility criteria, and how to apply for the Turkey burslari scholarship.
READ ALSO: Russian Government Scholarships 2022-2023
Turkish Government Scholarships 2023
The Turkey Burslari Scholarship 2023 is a very competitive scholarship program. All scholars who are awarded the scholarship will be able to study in the most prestigious universities in Turkey.
To be prioritized, students should have good leadership skills and be committed to strengthening their societies. Moreover, universities will offer assistance to all scholars for all international admission procedures. There are more than 50 Turkish universities in which students will be placed.
Turkey Scholarship 2023 is similar to the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship, Chinese Government Scholarship, Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP), Fulbright Scholarship USA, Swedish Institute Scholarship, Australia Awards Scholarship, Commonwealth Scholarships, and Hungarian Government Scholarship. Selected students will have all their expenses covered by the Turkey Government.
- Turkish Government
- Undergraduate Degree
- Master’s Degree
- Doctoral Degree
Turkey Scholarships Duration:
- Undergraduate Scholarship (4 to 5 years)
- Master’s Scholarship ( 2 to 3 years)
- Doctoral Scholarship (3 to 4 years)
Why You Should Apply for Turkey Scholarships?
The government-funded Turkey scholarships provide financial support to student and also places them at high-class universities. Furthermore, after graduation, all scholars become part of the alumni group and return to their respective countries to make positive changes in their communities. There are more than 150,000 students who have been awarded this scholarship. The majority of them are employed in recognized firms.
When to apply for the Turkiye Burslari Scholarship?
For international students, the Turkey Government Scholarship applications 2023-2024 will be open from January 10, 2023, to apply for all course options under undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral degree programs. It will also begin in December 2023 for students worldwide.
Turkey universities are now offering admission to students from all over the world. Studying in these Turkish universities will help you develop your ideas, knowledge, skills, and insight into the course or program you enroll in.
Presently, Fully Funded Turkey Scholarships are offered to international students who want to get admitted to bachelor, master’s, or Ph.D. programs and even for short courses. the turkey Government aims to set up a good mutual understanding and relationships with other countries. Therefore, it is predicted that education in Turkey will fill international students with new life experiences, knowledge, and cultural awareness.
Turkey has also added a different Turkish Scholarship policy with the idea of rewarding some of the outstanding students in Turkish universities. Students who qualify can study at the top universities of the country on a transfer basis.
Benefits of Turkey Burslari Scholarship
The Turkey Scholarship program is targeted at international students and it offers a wide range of benefits in Turkish Universities. Below are some key features of the Turkey Government Scholarship programs:
- No Accommodation Charge: The Turkey Scholarships funding handles the accommodation of international students at any Turkish University. The students are charged zero fees to live in their respective universities’ dormitories. However, any student who does not want to live in a dorm room can be allowed to shift at any of their desired locations but in this case, he/she will need to pay for accommodation.
- Free from Tuition fees: The main focus of the Turkish Scholarship program is to take care of the cost of tuition for students as they study. Students are not required to pay any tuition fees because education is completely free.
- Health Expense: Public health insurance is given to students to cover their health expenses. If you are not native to the country, health concerns can be a very big issue. However, scholarships granted to students in Turkey won’t have to spend a single penny from their pocket if they get sick. Everything is taken care of by public health insurance.
- Travel Expenses: Travel expenses of international students are covered by the Turkey Scholarship program. Students will get two free tickets during their studies: one for their arrival in Turkey and the other is for their departure from Turkey after completing their studies. If the students purchase their tickets on their own, the whole amount will be given back to them.
Turkiye Burslari Scholarship Coverage for Undergrad Programs
- 700 TL stipend per month
- Tuition Fee education in any Turkish University
- Turkish Language course for one year
- Health Insurance in Turkey
- Accommodation in the dormitory of the Turkish University
- University and program placement
- Once-off Return flight ticket for the student who wins Turkey Scholarship.
Turkiye Burslari Scholarship Coverage for Postgrad Programs [MS/Ph.D.]
- Monthly Stipend – For Master’s – 950 TL per month & For Ph.D. – 1400 TL per month
- Your tuition will be Fee at Turkish University
- Turkish Language course for one year
- Health Insurance in Turkey
- Accommodation in the Turkish University dormitory
- University and program placement
- The Turkey Scholarship winner also gets a once-off return flight ticket.
Turkey Scholarship Coverage for Short Courses
Turkey Research Scholarship Program (3 to 10 months)
Turkey Research Scholarship Program 3000 TL monthly stipend
This Turkey Scholarship program does not include accommodation and other amenities.
- Success Scholarship Program (1 year)
- Monthly Stipend – For Bachelor’s, it’s 440 TL per month; For a Master’s, it’s 595 TL per month & For Ph.D., it’s 885 TL per month.
This Turkey Success Scholarship program additionally does include convenience and other benefits.
- Turkish Culture and Language Programs
- Academicians and Public Officials Turkish Language Programme [KATİP] (8-10 months)
- The monthly Living Allowance for a Master’s is 2000 TL.
- Accommodation will be issued at Turkey University
- Course for the Turkish Language
- The Turkey Scholarship winner receives a return flight ticket once as well.
- This Turkish culture and language scholarship program does not include health insurance.
Online Application for the Turkey Government Scholarship (Turkiye Burslari Scholarship) is available for undergrad, master, and doctoral degree candidates. It is also available for Turkish short-course scholarship program candidates.
An application fee is not required to apply for the Turkey Government Scholarship. You only need to be sure you are an eligible candidate to apply for a scholarship program, and make sure that you have all the documents completed and available for the online Turkish Scholarship Application submission.
Turkiye Burslari Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Countries allowed for the Turkey Scholarship Program are the United States, Germany, Iceland, UAE, Pakistan, etc. Candidates from other countries can only apply for the postgraduate program.
Below are the eligibility criteria for the Turkey Government Scholarship:
- The age of the candidate is one of the strict criteria that is taken into consideration.
- If you want to apply for an undergraduate degree then you should not be born before January 1998.
- If you want to apply for a Master’s degree then you should not be born before January 1989.
- Likewise, for Ph.D. one should not be born before January 1983 and for the Research Program, it is January 1974.
- For the application of an undergraduate program, 70% of the marks are mandatory.
- For the application of the Masters and PH.D., 75% of the marks are mandatory.
- Medical School Programs require 90% of the marks.
- If you are a citizen of Turkey or used to be its citizen previously then you cannot apply for the program.
- Students studying in Turkey are not capable of the Scholarship.
- Selected students should show their documents when asked.
How to apply for the Turkey Burslari Scholarship?
Candidates for Turkey Scholarship are requested to have all the documents listed below at the time of the online application. It is also a candidate’s responsibility to insert authentic candidature data into the system at the time of the online Turkey Scholarship Application.
- Diploma or degree certificate with Grades
- Associate degree or diploma
- High School Certificate
- Middle School Certificate
- TOEFL or IELTS and GAT, GMAT GRE (Optional)
- Recommendation letters
- School, High School, or University Exam Grades sheet (Latest one)
- Work Experience Certifications (Optional)
- Social participation and extracurricular certifications (Optional)
The Online application for Turkey Scholarship usually opens in January 2023 but due to a large number of applications, the online application procedure has been changed this year. For the 2023 sessions, each applicant is required to submit a one-page application form for screening purposes. After the initial evaluation, the invited applicants will submit an online application and their documents. An applicant who has all the required documents completed and available for a scholarship application can then begin his/her one-page resume (A4 Sized) enlisting all your academic achievements.
All the required documents must be completed and available for Online Turkey Scholarship Application. This is important for each applicant to then begin the online application for Turkey Government Scholarship 2023-2024.
During the application, under their ‘Home Page’ screen under the tabs High School, candidates will see all the open Turkish Scholarship positions like the Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, Ph.D. and Research. If a notification prompts you as not being a suitable candidate for any of these scholarships when any of these tabs are clicked, that means the candidate has not filled in the Personal Information, Contact information, Family information, Education information, Language details, Work experience, Academic Qualifications, Social Activities, and Turkiye Experience sections of the profile.
Once this information is filled in under the above-mentioned sections, it will be seen in the ‘Home Page’, and that means that the candidate is now considered eligible for the scholarship and can go ahead and submit his/her profile data as an application for Turkey Scholarship.
The committee members are responsible for evaluating all the applications for Turkey Burslari Scholarships in the first phase. Candidates are shortlisted for an interview and their selection is confirmed. Later, the University Admission letter, Turkey Student VISA documents, and Scholarship Award letters are dispatched to the successful candidates.
What are your chances to win the Turkey Government Scholarship?
The academic background and the interview results are contributing factors to an applicant’s selection for the scholarship. The academic performance of an applicant will be assessed by checking the following attached documents:
- Diploma Grade
- The Last Term’s General Average Grades
- University Entrance Exam Grade (if any)
- High School Graduation Exam / Baccalaureate Grade (if any)
- International Test Score (if any)
- Any other academic certificates or (*) cumulative GPA
The perquisites for the Turkey Scholarship Online Application are:
- For Undergraduate degree applications 70 %
- For a Master’s degree and Ph.D. Degree applications 75 %
- For Medical School applications 90 %
On the basis of educational grades, the applicants will get a call for an interview which will be held in Turkish Consulates. If the applicant can’t be present for the interview, technology will be used. The results will be emailed and will also be visible on the application system.
The application deadline for the Turkey scholarship 2023 for international students is February 20, 2023
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.