Coquitlam College is a private community college established in 1982 and located in Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada. The College is one of the private International Colleges in Canada with a student population of 1200–1400 and Campus Suburb Colors: Blue, White.
The school is known for its superb educational standards and highly trained instructors. The academic program involves rigorous coursework in English language studies, sciences, humanities, and social sciences. The supreme quality educational standards build a strong foundation for graduates to complete their university degrees and enter the best universities anywhere in the world.
Coquitlam College Program
Coquitlam College is one of the first two private institutions to be part of the BC Transfer System. They offer a University Transfer Program, a Senior Secondary Program, and an English Studies (ES) Program.
|University Transfer Program
High School Program
|Associate degree in arts 2-year diploma in arts and business 1-year certificate course in arts, science & business
Dogwood diploma Adult graduation program
|English Studies Program
|English certificate program University preparation program
Any registered student can schedule 3 semesters per year to graduate sooner. There are options for transferable programs for direct admission into any Canadian university. Credits earned at Coquitlam College here can also be accounted for in universities in the United States.
Coquitlam College Campus
The campus is built on 7 acres of land with Private parking for the students. The rooms are well-furnished rooms, with Laundry and internet facilities as well as three times meals a day. The total number of students on campus is between 1200 – 1400.
Coquitlam College Tuition
Coquitlam College tuition fees are paid in Canadian dollars and are reviewed each year by Coquitlam College. The tuition fee covers categories such as Application, University Transfer Programs, High School Programs, Activity Fee, English Studies Program, Computer Lab, Science Lab, and Book Deposit.
- At Coquitlam College, the full-time course load for a university-level student is nine credit hours (three courses) per semester. Students can enroll in fifteen credit hours which is five courses for each semester. For full-time study in the Senior Secondary and English Studies programs, it’s four courses per semester.
- The application fee must be the same as the Application for Admission form.
- For international students, the minimum initial period of acceptance is two semesters of full-time study. The initial tuition deposit which lasts for two semesters is compulsory to be paid upon a student’s acceptance into the College.
- Senior Secondary and English Studies programs require all registered students to pay for the booking deposit, whether full or part-time. If the students leave college or the program requirement is completed, then the deposit is partly refundable
- Every other applicable fee and tuition can be paid in various ways.
Moreover, prepayment of Tuition Fees from any source Course selection does not guarantee course selection.
- For every semester of registration in Coquitlam College, students are required to pay fees first to get access to the student portal and be issued grades or transcripts. However, early payment of fees does not exempt the student from future fee increments.
- For specific details regarding refunds and course withdrawals for all programs, students are required to refer to the Tuition and Refund Guidelines of Coquitlam College.
- Medical and Insurance coverage is compulsory for every student. The forms can be gotten from the office for private and British Columbia Medical Services (Care Card).
- Senior Secondary students are free to take courses at the post-secondary level and earn credits towards their graduation from secondary school. But Students earning dual credit will incur a fee of $500. For Canadian or international students, the fee is $300.
- Each request for course deferral incurs a charge of $150.00.
Also Read: 8 Best Medical schools in Canada 2022
Applicants must be at least 15 years of age. To get admission into the Coquitlam College transfer program, a high school diploma or school completion certificate is required. For English language requirements, one or more semesters of additional preparation may be required for some programs in the college.
For prospective students that English is not their native language, several tests can be taken and the documents submitted to the university to show fluency in English at the level by submitting documents showing the minimum results on the following tests:
- TOEFL IBT of 86 or 230 computer-based score
- A TOEFL score of a minimum of230 (computer-based score) or 570 (paper-based score)
- A CAEL score of at least 60
- A score of at least 5 on the I.E.L.T.S. with 6.0 on the writing component
- An overall score of 60 on PTE with 60 on the writing component
In the absence of these tests, applicants may be required to sit for the English Entrance Test of Coquitlam College.
Coquitlam College has various English courses and immersion experiences for students of any level.
The application process is listed below:
- University Transfer Program-
- Any high school graduate can apply
- 1st or 2nd-year program
- Must be fluent in English.
- High School Program-
- Admission is based on previous study grades and English
- High school and university transfer programs can be taken together
- English Studies Program-
- Improves your English skills in preparation for further studies.
- Fill out the application form online with a nonrefundable fee of $200, available on the college website.
- Payment for the amount of application can be done through a visa or master card
- The college will mail a letter of acceptance along with the statement of fees due if the application is accepted.
- Tuition fees can be paid by Online Bill Payment or Globalpay or Interface e-Transfer
Coquitlam College is ranked 168 in Canada and 10563 in the world, according to the 2011 Webometrics Ranking of Canadian Universities.
Web of universities ranking of Coquitlam college ranking is 243, present ranking is 21591, impact rank is 11726, openness rank is 10778 and excellence rank is 6008 and the world ranking is 14120.
The school is known for its superb educational standards and highly trained instructors. The academic program involves rigorous coursework in English language studies, sciences, humanities, and social sciences. It’s a good school to attend.
FAQs on Coquitlam College
With 3 semesters per year and over 100 courses per semester, you’ll have the option to graduate sooner.
Coquitlam College is a private post-secondary degree-granting institution in Coquitlam, British Columbia.
Coquitlam College campus is spread across a large property of 7 acres, located within the Greater Vancouver area, one of the best cities for international students in Canada.
The college is known for the best educational facilities it provides and for the trained faculty. The college is developing and refining its academic programs and winning its reputation as one of the finest colleges in Canada.
You are eligible for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) if you complete one of the degrees below and you meet all other PGWP criteria: Associate of Arts.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.