Undergraduate students studying computer science can apply for the Generation Google Scholarship 2021 available for US and Canadian students.
This post contains everything you need to know about the generation google scholarship program, eligibility, level/field of study, scholarship worth and terms and conditions involved.
READ ALSO: Best Medical Schools in Ukraine for International Students
About Generation Google
The Google Scholarship generation was created by Google to help aspiring computer scientists excel in technology and become leaders in the field.
Google believes that information must be universally accessible. The education and scholarship programs by Google are designed to inspire and help students become future leaders in the fields of computer science and technology by removing barriers that prevent them from accessing these areas.
Undergraduate and graduate students are selected from among candidates who applied, and scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s impact on diversity, demonstrated leadership and academic background.
Selected students will receive $10,000 (for those studying in the United States) or 5,000 CAD (for those studying in Canada) for the 2021-2022 academic year.
This scholarship requires that high school students entering the first year of college in 2021-2022 must attend the Google Summer Computing Institute (CSSI) in the summer of 2021. Also, current first-year students will be invited to the cycle or the graduate to attend the Google researchers retreat in the summer of 2021.
The Generation Google Scholarship 2021
Level/Field of Study
Basically, the Generation Google Scholarship is for students who intend to enroll as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s, Masters or PhD program at a college or university in the United States or Canada for the 2021-2022 academic year.
As well as a current high school senior or for those who intend to enroll as a full-time student in a 4-year BA/BS program in the US (excluding territories) or Canada in Fall 2021.
Students who are pursuing a degree in computer science, computer engineering or a degree in a closely related technical field can also apply.
The scholarship is to be taken in the USA or Canada.
The program is open to qualified undergraduate and graduate students who meet the above criteria. Students from historically underrepresented groups, including blacks / African Americans, Hispanics / Latinos, American Indians or Filipino / Hawaiian / Pacific Islanders are strongly encouraged to apply.
Selected students will receive 10,000 USD (for those studying in the US) or 5,000 CAD (for those studying in Canada) for the 2021 school year.
Generation Google Scholarship Program Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be currently enrolled as a student in an accredited college or university for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- have the intention of being enrolled or accepted as a full-time student in a bachelor’s, masters or doctoral program at a college or university in the United States or Canada for the 2021 academic year.
- Maintain a strong academic performance.
- Looking for a degree in computer science, computer engineering or a closely related technical field.
- Illustrate leadership and demonstrate a passion to improve the representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology.
Generation Google Scholarship for Current High School Seniors
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be a current high school senior
- Intend to be enrolled as a full-time student in a 4-year BA/BS program in the US (excluding territories) or Canada in Fall 2021
- Intend to be enrolled at a university in a computer science, computer engineering, software engineering or related area department for the 2021 academic year
- Be able to demonstrate an interest in and motivation for studying computer science.
Generation Google Scholarship Program Application Process
Current University Students
You will be asked to complete the CSSI online application which includes:
- General background information (contact information and details about your current and future universities, for example)
- Curriculum vitae/Resume
- Transcripts of your current and past institutions (if you already have a diploma)
- Two letters of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to four essay questions
Current High School Seniors
You will be asked to complete an online application which includes:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- An updated CV (PDF required)
- An unofficial official transcript or high school official (PDF required)
- Answers to several short answer questions. Each answer must have less than 200 words (PDF required).
Google will communicate the scholarship selection in June. However, acceptance into CSSI does not automatically grant you a scholarship as there is a different selection process for scholarship recipients.
You will be notified if you have been granted the scholarship separately from the CSSI decision. It is possible to receive the scholarship but not get into the CSSI program and vice versa or you could even get both!!
Please note that you will find out if they gave you the scholarship at a different time than CSSI. The timeline for scholarship notifications will be June.
Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool.
Generation Google Scholarship Terms and Conditions
1.The Google Generation Scholarship is strictly for student’s tuition, fees, books, supplies and materials for the students’ courses at their primary university.
- Scholars must register as a full-time student for the 2021 academic year.
- Enrollment will be verified after the selection of the winners and all scholarship payments will be sent directly to the student to be used for tuition and education fees. Google retains the prize for any candidate who no longer meets the eligibility criteria and can revoke the award for any candidate who does not meet the eligibility criteria.
Selected recipients will receive instructions from Google on how to receive the prize. If the applicant does not complete these steps within the allotted time, recipients cannot receive the reward.
Recipients can postpone their assignment for up to one (1) year from the time of the originally scheduled payment, case by case, as determined by Google.
- Google employees are not eligible to apply for a Google scholarship.
(1) reside in embargoed countries,
(2) generally, reside in embargoed countries, or
(3) that is otherwise prohibited by applicable export control and sanction programs, are not eligible for this scholarship.
Generation Google Scholarship Program Application Deadline
06 DEC 2021
Application Deadline for 2021-2022 Current University Students Scholarship
25 MARCH 2021
Visit the Google scholarship website below for more information
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.
2 thoughts on “Generation Google Scholarship in USA and Canada 2021”
Comments are closed.