Eligible master’s and doctoral degree students can now apply and benefit from the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program 2022.
The National Science Foundation (NSF) is pleased to offer the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) 2022. The application portal is now open for eligible master’s and doctoral degree students.
This post contains everything you need to know about the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program 2022, level/Field of Study, host nationality, eligible nationality, scholarship worth, who Should apply for the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program, and how to apply.
READ ALSO: Tianjin Government Scholarship for International Students in China
About the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program
The National Science Foundation (NSF) Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) recognizes and supports outstanding graduate students who are pursuing research-based master’s and doctoral degrees in fields within NSF’s mission.
NSF posits it received over 13, 000 applications, but only 2, 000 were beneficiaries in 2021. Currently, it is receiving applications from eligible applicants. The GRFP provides up to three years of support for the graduate education of individuals who have demonstrated their potential for significant achievements in science and engineering research.
Level/Field of Study
The NSF Graduate Research Fellowship program 2022 is open to graduate students pursuing research-based master’s and Ph.D. degrees in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) or STEM education.
The National Science Foundation (NSF) is an agency of the United States Government. It supports basic research and education in all areas of non-medical science and engineering fields. The body in charge of the medical aspect is the National Institutes of Health.
The NSF Graduate Research Fellowship 2022 is available for US citizens, nationals, or permanent residents of the United States.
If successful, fellows of the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program will receive an annual grant of $34,000, or $34,000, as well as $12,000 in tuition and tuition fees (paid to the institution).
Also, opportunities for international research and professional development and the freedom to conduct their research at an accredited American university they have chosen.
Ensure to also read The $2000 Apex Minecraft Scholarship 2022
Who Should Apply for NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program?
To qualify for this NSF Graduate Research Fellowship 2022 program, applicants should please note the basic entry requirements below:
CLICK HERE TO CHAT WITH US ON NOW
- Be a U.S. citizen, national, or permanent resident
- Have never previously accepted a Graduate Research Fellowship
- Have never previously applied to GRFP while enrolled in a graduate degree program
- Intend to enroll or be enrolled in a research-based master’s or doctoral degree program in an eligible Field of Study in STEM or STEM education
- Have never earned a doctoral or terminal degree in any field
- If previously offered a Graduate Research Fellowship, have declined by the acceptance deadline
- Have never earned a master’s or professional degree in any field, or completed more than one academic year in a graduate degree-granting program, unless (i) returning to graduate study after an interruption of two or more consecutive years immediately preceding the application deadline, and; (ii) not enrolled in a graduate degree program at the application deadline
- Not be a current NSF employee
Who is NOT eligible to apply to the GRFP?
- Individuals who are not U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, or permanent residents are not eligible. Foreign nationals who are in the U.S. on a student visa and those awaiting green cards are not eligible.
- Individuals who do not intend to enroll or be enrolled in a research-based graduate degree program at a non-profit institution of higher education accredited in, and having a campus located in, the United States, its territories, or possessions, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, in an eligible Field of Study in STEM or STEM education (see Appendix and Section IV.3 in the NSF GRF Program Solicitation for
eligible Fields of Study) are not eligible.
- Individuals who have previously accepted an NSF GRFP offer are not eligible.
- Individuals who were awarded the Fellowship and did not notify NSF of their intention to accept or decline the fellowship by the published deadline for accepting the fellowship are not eligible.
- Individuals who have previously applied while enrolled in a degree-granting graduate program are not eligible.
- Individuals who have earned a doctoral or terminal degree in any field are not eligible.
- Individuals who are current NSF employees are not eligible.
- Individuals who will be enrolled in a practice-oriented professional degree program such as medical, dental, law, and public health degrees at any time during the fellowship are not eligible. Ineligible degree programs include but are not limited to, MBA, MPH, MSW, JD, MD, DVM, and DDS.
- Individuals who plan to pursue a joint science-professional degree program (such as an MD/Ph.D. or JD/Ph.D.) even if they are proposing to use the GRFP only for the Ph.D. part of their program are not eligible.
How to Apply
The portal for NSF Graduate Fellowship 2022 is open. Applicants can apply for the scholarship program through the link below:
- The reference authors designated by the candidate must submit their letters through the FastLane GRFP application module. The requirements for the letter of reference include:
- Institutional (or professional) letterhead, if available.
- Limit of two (2) pages.
- 12 points Times New Roman in the body of the letter.
- Name and title of reference author.
- Department and institution or organization.
- The reference letter must be submitted on or before October 30, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) through the link provided:
Below is the deadline for submission of applications from the various fields:
- GRFP application deadline for Life Sciences: October 19, 2022:
- GRFP application deadline for Computer and Information Science and Engineering, Materials Research, Psychology, Social Sciences, STEM Education and Learning: October 20, 2022.
- Chemistry, Geosciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physics, and Astronomy: October 22, 2022.
- GRFP application deadline for Engineering: October 21, 2022.
- GRFP application deadline for Reference letters: October 30, 2022.
- Note: Reference Letters Must Be Submitted by 4:00 pm (ET)
- Early April: GRFP Application results announced
- May 1, 2022: Deadline to accept the fellowship
We recommend you see NSHSS Scholarship Program In USA 2022
Pursuing your higher education, especially in Masters’s or Doctoral program requires lots of funding and focus. Thus, the NSF Graduate Research fellowship program 2022 has been chosen to be one of the solutions to the financial issues you’d be facing while studying in the US. Endeavor to apply for this opportunity.
FAQs On NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program 2022
The eligibility requirements for the NSF GRFP competition can be found above on this page.
You can apply both before you begin your graduate studies and as an early graduate student. If you have completed more than one year in a graduate degree program, there are restrictions on your eligibility to apply. Check the Detailed Eligibility Requirements in the NSF GRFP Solicitation to be sure you’re eligible.
Individuals pursuing a master’s degree simultaneously with the bachelor’s degree (joint bachelor’s-master’s degree) are considered to be graduate students and are limited to one application to NSF GRFP. These individuals can apply EITHER while enrolled in the joint degree program OR as first-year doctoral students shortly after completion of the joint degree (see additional information below). All applicants in joint bachelor’s-master’s degree programs must have completed three years in the joint program as of the application deadline.
Having a master’s degree makes you ineligible to apply to GRFP unless it was followed by a continuous interruption in graduate study of at least two consecutive years immediately prior to the application deadline; in this case, you would not be eligible because you are already enrolled again in graduate school.
All fellowship application files must be uploaded in PDF format. These files include:
Personal, Relevant Background and Future Goals Statement
Graduate Research Plan Statement
We Also Recommend
- Honjo International Foundation Scholarships, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Abergrad Scholarships for International Students At Aberystwyth University the UK
- 10 Scholarships for Kenyan students to study in Germany from
- 10 UK Scholarships for Burundi Students
- Top Jewish Scholarships in the USA
- 10 best Creative Writing Scholarships
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.