Germany is known for its excellent academic standards and low-cost higher education accessible to the residents and international students. so, if you have received a letter of complete admission for studying at a German university as an international student, you will need a Germany student visa 2022. If you are in the exempted category, you might need a residence permit. If you are not, then you must apply for a Germany student visa at the German Embassy of your country.
Here are some other Germany Students Visa Application Procedures
Use a Blocked Account
This blocked account is a particular type of bank account for international students in Germany, to show that you have enough funds to meet up with the standard of living in Germany for one year during your studies.
As of the year 2020, an international student spends an average of €853 per month at a minimum. As per the requirement, a student visa applicant needs to provide proof of having €10,236 in the bank account before applying for a Germany students visa.
Because it is a blocked account, you cannot have access to the funds until you arrive in Germany.
List of required documents for Germany Visa Application
- Two duly completed national visa application forms.
- Valid national passport.
- Two recently taken biometric portrait photographs.
- Proof of admission into a study program.
- Authenticated certificates of earlier education:
- German university entrance qualification: If you’ve studied in a German education provider abroad.
- Recognized foreign academic qualification: It must show you have a qualification equally known as the German Abitur.
- Academic records or transcript.
- Curriculum vitae: It has to reflect your previous and current internship and work experiences if any.
- Means of subsistence: It must show proof that you have enough money to cover your living expenses, accommodation and study costs. (Any of the following can be sent).
- Blocked bank account.
- Letter of commitment by a resident: A person that resides in Germany, showing he/she will be responsible for your accommodation and/or other living expenses during your stay.
- Letter of a declaration by a parent. It has to show their commitment to support you financially during your stay there. It must be supplemented by their bank statements of the latest 6 months.
- Scholarship awarding certificate: It must show you the amount of financial coverage granted to you as the receiver of this scholarship.
- Proof of current health insurance. It must have coverage of at least 30,000 EUR, and it must be valid for at least 3 months.
- Motivational letter. You’ll have to express the reason for choosing the specific university, and study program.
- Marriage certificate: You’ll have to provide your certificate to show that you are married.
- Evidence of payment for the visa application fee. The fee is 60 EUR.
- Proof of German language proficiency.
- German Language University Entrance Examination for International Applicants (DSH).
- Test of German as a Foreign Language (TestDaF).
- Goethe Institute of German Language Diploma (GDS).
- German Language Diploma of the Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs, Level II (DSD).
- Proof of English language proficiency:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Accepted results are PBT (paper-based test) 550 Points, CbT (computer-based test) 213 Points and IbT (internet-based test) 79-80 Points.
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Accepted scores by German universities are 5 – 6.5.
The various study types with a Germany Students Visa
Germany students visa can be granted to you if you’re expecting to attend any of the following study types:
- German language courses for studies.
- Full-time academic studies.
- Propaedeutic course
- Mandatory preliminary internship.
- State preparatory college ‘Studienkolleg.’ This is a course you are expected to undertake as an international student whose school-leaving certificate isn’t recognized in Germany. Once you have completed the course, you’ll be sitting the test “Feststellungsprüfung.” If you are successfully passing the test, then you will get a certificate, which is known as a university entrance qualification. With that on your hand, you’ll be able to apply for university admission in Germany.
FAQs About Germany Students Visa
Q1: Can I get a part-time job?
Yes, but you will only be allowed to work for up to 120 working days/year, but your work must not interfere with your study progress.
Q2 Can I apply for a residence permit for job-opportunity after graduation?
Yes, but it can only be possible if you have completed your studies in Germany. With such a residence permit, for up to 6 months after graduation, you’ll be able to search for a job or to get self-employed.
Q3. Can I apply for an extension of the student residence permit?
Yes, you can apply for an extension if you haven’t completed your intended studies within the visa period.
Q4: Can I get a full-time job?
You cannot get a full-time job, which requires you to work for 240 working days per year.
Q5. For how long can I stay in Germany with a student visa?
With a German students visa, you’ll be able to remain in Germany for the initial 3 months. Within this period, you’ll be required to apply for a residence permit to study. The maximum period you’ll be receiving through such a residence permit is 2 years.
Applying for a German students visa in 2022 is always an indispensable ingredient in an international students’ study abroad journey. We hope this article has provided you with comprehensive information about getting a Student Visa in Germany. Good luck!
Check out Scholarships in Germany for International Students
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [xscholarshipc(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.
4 thoughts on “Germany Students Visa 2022: Step by Step Procedure ”
Comments are closed.